Grover

This is going to be cool, starts Tuesday
Rumour has it Calvillo and Geroy Simon will be announced for the CFHoF
National Combine
Tons of players
Lots of CFL Big Wigs

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Xvys

The attendance for events has been great so far. CFL Week is shaping up as a tremendous success! Kudos to the commissioner and league for this initiative. :thup:

TCHABS

It would be nice if Marks sold CFL merchandise. Seeing as their a league sponsor.

argonaut11xx

This would be a massive FLOP in Toronto, Vancouver.

Ottawa may have worked this year, but if the Redblacks go into the crapper, would it work in Ottawa?

Not sure if it would fly in Calgary , Montreal, Hamilton, or Winnipeg.

Regina, and Edmonton would be the only 2 safe bet's to make sure this event is well attended on a annual basis, IMO

Your thoughts?
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

Grover

Quote from: "argonaut11xx"
This would be a massive FLOP in Toronto, Vancouver.

Ottawa may have worked this year, but if the Redblacks go into the crapper, would it work in Ottawa?

Not sure if it would fly in Calgary , Montreal, Hamilton, or Winnipeg.

Regina, and Edmonton would be the only 2 safe bet's to make sure this event is well attended on a annual basis, IMO

Your thoughts?

gary lawless?Verified account @garylawless  13h13 hours ago

Won't surprise me if @cfl #cfl takes #markscflweek to a bid process for 2018 location a la Grey Cup

HfxTC

I'd let Regina keep it, they will do a good job with it. The other locations are all following NHL playoff races at this time of year.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Dust

I swung by some of it this evening.  Quite a few things for the kids to do, seems like a great little promotion to get fans interested during a time of year where not much is happening.  It was a bit closer to the end of the night, it was funnyjust seeing Damon Allen casually walk buy with a coffee like he's one of the fans.

letsgoticats

Seems like a cool little event for Regina, and it allows TSN to pump out some CFL stories at a time of the year when no one is thinking about the league.

Not my cup of tea though, and I don't really think it'd be a success anywhere else.  If it were in Hamilton, I'd probably pass on going.

letsgoticats

Seems like a cool little event for Regina, and it allows TSN to pump out some CFL stories at a time of the year when no one is thinking about the league.

Not my cup of tea though, and I don't really think it'd be a success anywhere else.  If it were in Hamilton, I'd probably pass on going.

TravelPat1

Quote from: "letsgoticats"

I tend to agree. Were this event happening in Southern Ontario right now - it would totally get lost in coverage of the Leafs and Raptors play-off drives and reports from Jays spring training. Keep it in Regina which is the only market where the CFL is # 1.

drummer_god

Regina, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Ottawa can pass this around . Perhaps it will grow over the next 4 years to the point where Calgary might be interested, but.....the CFL is not on most minds in March. Perhaps if the event were in June, but I understand the reason they picked March.

I'm just happy to get more CFL news stories right now than I normally would get in March.

RedandWhite

Quote from: "drummer_god"
.....the CFL is not on most minds in March.

...any Canadian city with an NHL team heading into the playoffs is going to get pretty much zero traction with this event...Saskatchewan in the west and Hamilton in the east would be the best markets for this...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it\'s all dark.

drummer_god

Hamilton is very much influenced by the Toronto sports scene, whereas Ottawa isn't and the Redblacks are arguably Ottawa's most popular team at the moment.

Not saying you're wrong and perhaps no eastern city is a good candidate for this event in March, but I'd bet on it being more successful in Ottawa than Hamilton.

RedandWhite

...I'll defer to you there DG on Ottawa over Hamilton, with the recent GC win and hosting it this year Ottawa is the correct choice for the east...

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "drummer_god"
Regina, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Ottawa can pass this around . Perhaps it will grow over the next 4 years to the point where Calgary might be interested, but.....the CFL is not on most minds in March. Perhaps if the event were in June, but I understand the reason they picked March.

I'm just happy to get more CFL news stories right now than I normally would get in March.

Might tend to go every second year in Regina - great facility, avid (but fairly sick) fan base. Edmonton, Ottawa & Winnipeg should be able to support the thing every 6 to 8 years.

Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal would be useless hosts. Not enough avid fans to support - too many other things going on at same time.

Jury is out on Hamilton - ie. facilities?

I think Calgary would be prepared to pass on such an event. Saskatoon would be an outside choice every 10 years when the Regina folks wanted a break!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Users Online

129 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, bohdon, schmenger, Onemoredork, raymarkca, bobo82, Gornaldatron, Oskie18, ExPat, djrobertson2017, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)