Xvys

If you’re waiting for tickets for this year’s Grey Cup in Ottawa to go on sale to the general public, you may be out of luck.

If you don’t plan on buying an Ottawa Redblacks season ticket or some sort of smaller package of tickets, there won’t be much left to pick through with an expected capacity of about 34,000 for the Canadian Football League championship contest at TD Place on Nov. 26.

Here’s where tickets have been going: The Redblacks are looking at selling the equivalent of about 17,000 season tickets (so far averaging about one Grey Cup ticket per person), plus a waiting list of 10,000 fans plunked down $50 deposits in late November, and there are ticket allotments to the eight other CFL teams, the league and its sponsors.

“If you do the math, with 17,000 season tickets selling at a 1-for-1 basis, 10,000 people who put deposits down, league holds and team holds, there isn’t going to be a lot after all that, if any,” Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group president of sports Jeff Hunt said Tuesday. “Grey Cup tickets are always special, always a premium, but I think this will be the hottest Grey Cup ticket in years, maybe decades.”

More: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/footbal ... ll-already

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Xvys"
If you’re waiting for tickets for this year’s Grey Cup in Ottawa to go on sale to the general public, you may be out of luck.

If you don’t plan on buying an Ottawa Redblacks season ticket or some sort of smaller package of tickets, there won’t be much left to pick through with an expected capacity of about 34,000 for the Canadian Football League championship contest at TD Place on Nov. 26.

Here’s where tickets have been going: The Redblacks are looking at selling the equivalent of about 17,000 season tickets (so far averaging about one Grey Cup ticket per person), plus a waiting list of 10,000 fans plunked down $50 deposits in late November, and there are ticket allotments to the eight other CFL teams, the league and its sponsors.

“If you do the math, with 17,000 season tickets selling at a 1-for-1 basis, 10,000 people who put deposits down, league holds and team holds, there isn’t going to be a lot after all that, if any,” Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group president of sports Jeff Hunt said Tuesday. “Grey Cup tickets are always special, always a premium, but I think this will be the hottest Grey Cup ticket in years, maybe decades.”

More: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/footbal ... ll-already
:thup:
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

HfxTC

Wonderful.

Lots of people here who said Ottawa would have folded again by now :) I won't name them.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

slimjim2

Waiting until the Ottawa  mini-packages go on sale next month    :thup:

Argonauts est.1873

Oh well that's great news as I see it. I'll be at Grey Cup to party, the game to me is a bonus at this point.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Grover

There will be tons of GC tickets available when OTT gets knocked out of the playoffs.  :wink:

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

papazoola

.....Great to see the resurrection of football in the Capitol ..The previous owners have all but been forgotten (Chen and the Gliebermans) and it has turned into a CFL success so far...It just goes to prove what good ownership can accomplish, add to that the work of Desjardins and voila...I think Campbell should get a mention as well and everything has worked out for the Redblacks.. I have to admit I was quite dubious to begin with but you can't argue with success....I know the Cup game will also be a tremendous success and yes..tix will be at a premium for sure.. :thup:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Mr. Pike

After last years Gong Show I hope the tickets are all gone by the time the season starts .

Preisst

Well Jeff Hunt's hyperbole aside I think it is great there is this much demand for the game.   Tickets have been pretty "hot" as little as 4 and 3 years ago.  It was really only last year that was a debacle and many of us predicted that happening 2 years before it happened.

I've been to about 20 Grey Cups including a string of 10 in a row that ended 2010 and only been to one since which was in 2013.  

Reason for not going anymore?   Even though I can afford it I don't like to be gouged as it goes against my basic principles.

I think Ottawa can get fans back into it and wish them the best of luck in pulling off a fabulous Grey Cup week for the upcoming season.

I started talking about going to it about half way through last season. But Jeff Hunt is exaggerating.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

brihind88

Quote from: "Mr. Pike"
After last years Gong Show I hope the tickets are all gone by the time the season starts .

There will be no problem selling out the stadium at regular GC pricing.

Even if the Redblacks are not in it.

Ottawa fans will still enjoy a thrilling game.

BTW

2017 Grey Cup

TI-CATS - 32
BC LIONS - 24

Bayargonaut00

Quote from: "papazoola"
.....Capitol ...

No finite point has meaning without an infinite reference point

ArgoT

Awesome to hear.
It's only here in the wannabe US capital of Toronto, where anything Canadian only does not meet the bs requirements of the elite crowd.

rcon

Have my 2 season tix and 2 Grey Cup tix purchased already. Section M row 5 seats 17 and 18, right where the REDBLACKS come out of the tunnel. :thup:  Can't wait until June!! :rockin:

prairiewolf77

Great to see the excitement in Ottawa for the Grey Cup.

Only downside is that the capacity is 34k. I understand with adjusted ticket prices and the lack of expense in having to bring in stands to get capacity over 50k everything works out.

Ottawa this year, could very well have been a Grey Cup that could have easily sold out 50k, unless the disease of ultra high ticket prices hit.

All in all. Great to see a positive story leading into a new CFL year.

BigJoeM

Quote from: "prairiewolf77"
Great to see the excitement in Ottawa for the Grey Cup.

Only downside is that the capacity is 34k. I understand with adjusted ticket prices and the lack of expense in having to bring in stands to get capacity over 50k everything works out.

Ottawa this year, could very well have been a Grey Cup that could have easily sold out 50k, unless the disease of ultra high ticket prices hit.

All in all. Great to see a positive story leading into a new CFL year.

Pretty interesting as the stadium once held 35,000 during it's peak years now you have 34,000 for a Grey Cup .
This league is now in the area that expansion within Canada is viable with the less is more approach . Even though it brings prices up with stadiums at 24,000 the goals for sell outs are viable . The new CFL is learning to find it's own
piece of the pie by not over extending it's reach with the exclusion of the Grey Cup last year and the price over load in a crowded market place . Looking good going forward .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .

Users Online

90 Guests, 8 Users (19 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Iconic SR, 150GAGE, Preisst, riders78, Argofan_1000, DavidC, Google (17), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)