depopulationINC

I think if there are any QB woes at all by week 6 it will happen

Lerminx

Apologies for a bit off topic, but I'm interested to know what the impressions are of the kid Williams at QB. I was unable to observe any training camp and missed the televised game against B.C. The thing I had heard, which impressed me, was that he was working his ass off after practices on his own. Can any of you shed some light on him?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "Lerminx"
Apologies for a bit off topic, but I'm interested to know what the impressions are of the kid Williams at QB. I was unable to observe any training camp and missed the televised game against B.C. The thing I had heard, which impressed me, was that he was working his ass off after practices on his own. Can any of you shed some light on him?

yeah...doing lots of reps on the side.  He is picking things up pretty fast.  He is not great at leading in the pass but gets the ball there...if he can improve on leading the receiver it will improve him a lot.  He doesn't always throw the prettiest ball and it may not be exactly where he wants...but it is generally well within that 25% wingspan that matters.  There is something about him that when he steps out there he exudes calm confidence...some players just seem to have that and generally players around them respond to that type of leadership...way too early to say that is going to last but some just give that vibe.  To me he does.  He seems to go through progressions well and while there is the odd really off pass he seems to make the right decisions.  You can see that he is the type of guy who can be taught to throw the ball away, which I like, but he has the legs to extend stuff and shed some tackles.  

The Bomber game was a great example...he had never played but he came on and needed like 60 or 70 yards with a minute left.  The first pass he got a bit of a favor from the WR...2nd down and about 5 and looked to have a guy open and lots of fans were calling it out but the kid had poise and passed it off...there was no chance the guy gets oob so he tossed it away or at least made it so a WR was the only shot at it and took his chances on 3rd down...that is a pretty remarkable thing for what was his 3rd play as a pro...1st was a pass and fumble, 2nd a nice play by WR, 3rd a throw away with the game on the line.  Kid comes back and the Bombers had to take a PI.  Couple really nice passes after that...FG.  Pretty impressive start...he has poise.  BC game he threw a horrid pass to nowhere for the pick (perhaps a playbook error on one player's side) but came back next series and seemed to have it all brushed off.  Kid seems to look ok every day.

Bennett never entirely bounced back from that perfect storm against the Bombers...still...he  had a solid camp up until then.  The fact they said "F it" and went with a kid who threw maybe 10 balls in those 2 games says a lot.

Need to see action on him but if nothing else he is an interesting prospect who has definitely earned some time.

Users Online

98 Guests, 3 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
toddstattoo, RichardVeilleux, Yahoo! (2), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 149. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)