nowhereman

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Quote from: "nowhereman"
Really? We barely squeak it out with Dinwiddie as their QB (making his first CFL start)...give your head a shake.

It is tough to say...I mean there is definite merit that the Bombers likely do a lot better with him but there is a lot to the mentality going into the game.  As soon as he was out the Riders became pretty heavy favorites in the cup and that can do a lot to a team's play in a game...pretty easy to get i your own head and you more often see a team play down to their opponent that up to them.  Had Glenn not went down and they played better the Riders may have played better as well....we will never know.
Maybe, but Joseph wasn't really lighting it up. You're right, it's all speculation now, but I know watching the game, I kept saying that it was fortunate Glenn was out (and I really am a loyal Rider fan).

Preisst

Really? We barely squeak it out with Dinwiddie as their QB (making his first CFL start)...give your head a shake.

Says the genius who pretends he knows what might have happened in a hypothetical situation.  I suppose you "know" that Team Canada would have lost the Summit Series if Bobby Orr would have played in it too?    Perhaps you can share this Wednesdays winning lottery #s seeing as you are apparently so omniscient..... :cowboy:

You're going nowhereman,,,,,,
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

Preisst

Maybe, but Joseph wasn't really lighting it up. You're right, it's all speculation now, but I know watching the game, I kept saying that it was fortunate Glenn was out (and I really am a loyal Rider fan).

Oh!!!!    Well in that case,,,,,eexxxcccuuuussseee me.....

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "Preisst"

Says the genius who pretends he knows what might have happened in a hypothetical situation.  I suppose you "know" that Team Canada would have lost the Summit Series if Bobby Orr would have played in it too?    Perhaps you can share this Wednesdays winning lottery #s seeing as you are apparently so omniscient..... :cowboy:

You're going nowhereman,,,,,,

Well of  course no one knows what would have happened but odds are Glenn would have done better  then Dinwiddie, so who knows.  The riders didn't exactly light it up that game. It shouldn't have been as close as it was in my opinion.

LeStaf

Quote from: "Taleback"
Kerry Joseph had 58.5% when he won the cup with Riders in 2007.
If Glenn hadn't broken his arm, I doubt we would've won that game...just sayin'.

Je comprends cette perception, et elle est légitime dans une certaine mesure.  Cependant, rien n'indique que si Glenn avait été aux commandes de l'attaque de Winnipeg, ils auraient réellement gagné.  Glenn a été aux commandes d'une excellente équipe à la Coupe Grey de 2012 et elle n'a pas gagné.  Il avait une équipe encore plus dominante en 2013 et les Roughriders l'ont battue en finale de division.  Encore cette année, peu de gens donnaient beaucoup de chances au Rouge et Noir de gagner la Coupe Grey et ils l'ont vraiment gagnée.  

Les parties de la Coupe Grey réservent souvent des surprises, aussi bien que les spéculations qu'on puisse y faire ont souvent un fondement sensé, l'histoire nous montre que les surprises sont fréquentes lors de cette partie.  Ça fait partie de l'intérêt du football : à la fin, c'est une partie qui décide si l'équipe laissera sa marque dans la mémoire, ou pas.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Preisst

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Well of  course no one knows what would have happened but odds are Glenn would have done better  then Dinwiddie, so who knows.  The riders didn't exactly light it up that game. It shouldn't have been as close as it was in my opinion.

There is also good odds that Glenn would have pooped the bed like he's done his entire career in big money games.  No one knows what would or wouldn't have happened.  We may have won by even more then we did.

It is disingenuous for anyone to pretend they know what would have happened like certain posters do.

Argonauts est.1873

It won't take long before Bomber fans will be cheering for Vince Dung.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Preisst

Quote from: "Argonauts  est.1873"
It won't take long before Bomber fans will be cheering for Vince Dung.

And everybody Wang Chung tonight!!!

JimmytheGreek

Well Vince is out with a torn hammy 3- 4 weeks minimum. In my books it time to end the "experiment"

bowl450

Well Vince is out with a torn hammy 3- 4 weeks minimum. In my books it time to end the "experiment"

I can see VY on the 6 game injury list,
in the second half I saw that VY was interactive on the sidelines, I can see him bringing more to the team than his playing skills ?
just for the record I am not a Stephen McAdoo or a Jarious Jackson fan

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "bowl450"

in the second half I saw that VY was interactive on the sidelines, I can see him bringing more to the team than his playing skills ?

But why? I mean it's not like he did anything in camp that was lights out impressive and that if he was healthy he was a shoe in for the starter or even the number 2 spot. Fact is he was seen to behind Bridge and Bennet all of camp so why drag this out any longer? I mean as harsh as it may sound the reality of him making it even if he didn't get injured were pretty damn slim. Now do you 6 game him and have to pay part of his salary? I mean again why? Sure it doesn't go against the cap but still it does cost the team money plus there is the fact of his housing expense  which is 15000 k in itself. No certainly not big money but look at his contract. Releasing him now doesn't cost the team a dime. 6 gaming him though is another story.

Vince Young’s contract with the Saskatchewan Roughriders could see him make up to $200,000 a season – but does not include a signing bonus.

The 33-year-old quarterback signed a standard one-year deal plus a team-held option with $120,000 base salary both years, $15,000 in housing and another possible $71,000 in playtime bonuses and incentives, including $9,000 ($500 per game) for being the second QB on the depth chart. He did not receive any up front money meaning the Riders could release him in training camp without paying a dime."

JimmytheGreek

Oh and btw Jones is now saying it could be at least 6 weeks he is sidelines. Phhft it's over man it's over

depopulationINC

Quote from: "bowl450"

I said from the day McAdoo was announced it was a downgrade and I stand by that...I don't mind Jackson though but I would not call myself a fan

I agree on the 6.  What does it hurt putting him there?  Lets say Glenn gets hurt...that leaves Bridge.  Bennett has had a great camp but is showing in the game did not instill confidence.  Young I think I would be fairly comfortable with in there...he is not going to excel in some areas, but he is going to hold his own over all.  Keep him around 6 weeks and work with Bridge/Bennett/Williams/maybe Heaps...if all is looking ok at that point you part ways with a handshake or keep him sixed for the season for the hell of it.  If everything starts going south...plug him in.

JimmytheGreek

Why 6 game him? What did he show in camp that if Glenn  goes down he can step in and get it done? He was 4th on the depth chart at least in rankings behind Bridge and Bennet. Yes Bennet screwed the pooch on Saturday with out a doubt but I'm still hoping he can rebound in the Lions game. Now Bridge by the sounds of it had a pretty good one which was good to see so sure Glenn may get hurt and Bridge may get hurt and who knows if Bennett rebounds but still what has indicated that Vince can do any better then Bennett?

Heck if Vince had come in and wowed before getting hurt then sure 6 game him and see if he rebounds but he showed basically squat, sure he had one or two all right practices but really is that enough to give him the reins if Glenn get hurts? Hmm all right then.

Hey I feel bad for Vince on the bad break but this is I'm told a business and  Jones had no issue making tough decisions on whether to keep other players or not so why go soft now? Lets be honest here if any other team was to pull this we would be laughing our butts off over it. I just cant see the point of hanging on to him and having to pay him 120k plus 15 k housing for what? I hope and a prayer? Not exactly what I would call good money management in my books.

Heck cut him now and say if he wants another shot next year then show up to camp  in game shape and lets see what happens. If he agrees and does it then fine lets see what happens. If he takes a pass then no hard feelings and life goes on.

depopulationINC

Why 6 game him? What did he show in camp that if Glenn  goes down he can step in and get it done? He was 4th on the depth chart at least in rankings behind Bridge and Bennet. Yes Bennet screwed the pooch on Saturday with out a doubt but I'm still hoping he can rebound in the Lions game. Now Bridge by the sounds of it had a pretty good one which was good to see so sure Glenn may get hurt and Bridge may get hurt and who knows if Bennett rebounds but still what has indicated that Vince can do any better then Bennett?

Heck if Vince had come in and wowed before getting hurt then sure 6 game him and see if he rebounds but he showed basically squat, sure he had one or two all right practices but really is that enough to give him the reins if Glenn get hurts? Hmm all right then.

Hey I feel bad for Vince on the bad break but this is I'm told a business and  Jones had no issue making tough decisions on whether to keep other players or not so why go soft now? Lets be honest here if any other team was to pull this we would be laughing our butts off over it. I just cant see the point of hanging on to him and having to pay him 120k plus 15 k housing for what? I hope and a prayer? Not exactly what I would call good money management in my books.

Heck cut him now and say if he wants another shot next year then show up to camp  in game shape and lets see what happens. If he agrees and does it then fine lets see what happens. If he takes a pass then no hard feelings and life goes on.

Why 6 him??  I explained that.  What did he show in camp?  I explained that.  

How do you know he was 4th?  He was the best QB out there at least one day, and he was the 2nd best a couple days....there was only 1 day he sat 4th.  Was he sitting fourth...perhaps...perhaps not.  Were you there?  Did you make it out to practice?  You are claiming he did squat and did nothing to impress...so you must have been then right?  But I know you weren't because that is not true.  I saw every minute of practice, and there was a lot he did well....I will tell you straight up, Young launching a long ball would scare the crap out of secondaries and make them play deep, because he will toss a 60 yarder with little effort...nobody on this team comes close to him there.  He needs only chuck a couple of those and teams need to respect it, because he was also generally accurate deep.

I don't care if people were laughing...Vince by no means had a bad camp....don't kid yourself.  The biggest issues he had in camp were things that you see with almost every QB new to the CFL...and he was the only one new to the CFL.  He struggled with the short pass early...cleaned that up.  The different playclock was a battle...he got over it.  He has the strongest arm, no question.  He was still struggling a but with some of the motion (mainly lining up audibles...but he improved that, and setting on the motion, aka timing, which he was nearly there on) but it was coming along.  He was consistently the best at reading the blitz and responding to it leading into the play...better than Glenn generally....he was progressing very nicely in all honesty.  

Exactly how does it hurt putting him on the 6?  What damage does that do?   He is a QB that has proven he can win at a pro level.  He has shown he has the arm for the CFL field (and then some).  He has worked with the team.  He has been a solid teammate.  It is pretty common for teams to 6 a QB out of camp...why not Vince?

Based on how things looked on Saturday...if Glenn went down tomorrow I would want Vince behind Bridge...not Bennett...and I would not be shy about giving VY a shot.  Bennett might improve...I hope he does...but here and now he has to be judged on that Saturday game, and I know what Vince can do as a pro...so yes, I will compare and say that if Vince was healthy for this weekend he would be ahead of Bennett on the depth chart.

Am I saying I want to see Vince in the lineup...no....I want to see Glenn and then likely Bridge at this point...then someone else...I really don't care who....go with someone young who has potential or go with someone who knows how to win on a pro level....just don't do something in the middle.  There is zero downside to keeping Vince on the 6....I could also understand his release...but in all honesty his injury is likely the best case scenario for the club.  It gives them the option to keep him around as insurance without hitting the cap, and they get to roster 2 prospects...perfect....hopefully Glenn stays healthy and productive, but if he doesn't and the other 2 don't pan out, put him in because he does give you a chance...then you look for the next guy.

Users Online

116 Guests, 2 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, Yahoo!, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)