my home team

From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....

Yeah.....I smell a rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grover

Thanks for posting,
The Stadium saga seems never ending, But as a TiCats fan, we are much better with THF than without it!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

schmenger

Business must be slow.......

Mr. Pike

So could  this mean  (if indeed the law suits are finally settled) , that the city of  Hamilton and the Ticats can now put to-gether a  bid to host a  Grey Cup game ?

Tipper

Quote from: my home team
From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....


   8)    Yeah,  maybe he wants to bid on the LRT    :lol:    :roll:

canadianfootballfan

Quote from: "Mr. Pike"
So could  this mean  (if indeed the law suits are finally settled) , that the city of  Hamilton and the Ticats can now put to-gether a  bid to host a  Grey Cup game ?

One would certainly hope.

safetyblitz

Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.

jonny24eh

Quote from: "Tipper"
Quote from: "my home team"
From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....


   8)    Yeah,  maybe he wants to bid on the LRT    :lol:    :roll:

Probably not far off, I believe Kenaidan does some work for Go/Metrolinx.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat\'em raw!

Obrigardo

Quote from: "safetyblitz"
Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.
They can start with a downtown location

Lennywasout

Lennywasout

Quote from: "Obrigardo"
Quote from: "safetyblitz"
Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.
They can start with a downtown location
Why the he!! would you even mention location.  That debate is DEAD.  With the exception of deficiencies, we got the best we could get for the money spent.  Winnipeg and Regina both spent many millions more than we did.  There was already protests about committing $45 million of city money to THF.  
Where would you get the other monies and time required to build downtown.
That ship sailed long ago.  If you don't like the location, don't go to games.
Please, please , please......stop the whining  :thdn:

Obrigardo

Quote from: "Lennywasout"
Quote from: "Obrigardo"
Quote from: "safetyblitz"
Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.
They can start with a downtown location
Why the he!! would you even mention location.  That debate is DEAD.  With the exception of deficiencies, we got the best we could get for the money spent.  Winnipeg and Regina both spent many millions more than we did.  There was already protests about committing $45 million of city money to THF.  
Where would you get the other monies and time required to build downtown.
That ship sailed long ago.  If you don't like the location, don't go to games.
Please, please , please......stop the whining  :thdn:
You need to lighten up .you're far too tightly wound

Lennywasout

According to this mornings Spec, Kaneidan is barred from bidding on any city project until 2019. Even then I doubt they'll be selected for anything after that.  I also blame poor project management for this debacle.  
Just think, another provincial setup called Metrolinks is over 2 years behind on the Burlington go station upgrade.  Just imagine the cluster fudge that'll happen with these jokers on a billion$ project like LRT.   Tax $$$ hard at work.  Why can't they admit their current model for infrastructure build does not work.

my home team

Quote from: "Lennywasout"
According to this mornings Spec, Kaneidan is barred from bidding on any city project until 2019. Even then I doubt they'll be selected for anything after that.  I also blame poor project management for this debacle.  
Just think, another provincial setup called Metrolinks is over 2 years behind on the Burlington go station upgrade.  Just imagine the cluster fudge that'll happen with these jokers on a billion$ project like LRT.   Tax $$$ hard at work.  Why can't they admit their current model for infrastructure build does not work.

Lenny, as I remember, Infrastructure Ontario, who was the project manager on the stadium build claimed a perfect record prior, for budget and deadline adherence . I think that's why there was such confidence in this group.

After the THF fiasco, Kaneidan should have their name dropped entirely from ANY list of public sector construction bids. Period. No return date.

I would hope that if Hamilton decision makers, or even the province has any distaste for how badly these clowns performed on the stadium, they should avoid them.

-Hammer-

I feel for the guy, we all knew on day one it was going to be a gong show and that it wasn't going to be ready on time. Still, I don't doubt he still came away with a decent chunk of change.

Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton -
Je suppose que vous pouvez battre des couleurs
 


Users Online

129 Guests, 0 Users (18 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (18)

Most Online Today: 216. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)