Argofan_1000

went on line to see if he is worth all of the hype. Naylor says if he has matured he would be great for the CFL.

Here is some game clips of him. He is very quick and fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGnSOJswnK8

HfxTC

Doesn't look like he has matured much because the judge wants to see him back in his court room as there are accusations that he's breached every condition in his plea deal.  Why in the world would you want to reboot an organization with a character like that ???

This team needs to create its own stars but its tough because the NFL poaches them more and more every year.

Popp was minutes from taking Tebow back with him to Montreal. He had his bags packed in front of the door and a phone call came in and that was that... I think there are better options than Tebow. Maybe the CFL has to do like the MLS and hand out special permissions to sign select players without incurring penalties. It worked for them in Montreal and Toronto. Maybe the CFL needs to do the same. Would the rest of the league really cared if Toronto spent a million bucks on a QB like Kaepernick ??? Would it really change the balance of the league ? Personally I don't think so but there will be some in the press that will get the natives all angry I suspect.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

sth1988

The success, long term success in the CFL has always come from developing your own guy behind an established QB.  BC is set with Jennings, Calgary developed Mitchell and the Argos certainly have shaped the QB landscape in the east developing young QBs.  I really liked what I from Fajardo.  Give him another year behind Ray with Trestman.  Getting a 'name' from the states has rarely worked out.

Grover

Ian Rapoport?Verified account @RapSheet  8m8 minutes ago
Comeback is real: Johnny Manziel has re-hired agent @ErikBurkhardt after Burkhardt had him make serious commitments,

Ian Rapoport?Verified account @RapSheet  6m6 minutes ago
Johnny Manziel, serious enough to get Burkhardt to take him back, is drawing real interest from teams at the Combine,

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

HfxTC

DALLAS -- After missing a court-ordered deadline, Johnny Manziel appeared before a judge Tuesday and promised to meet the stipulations required to get the troubled quarterback's domestic violence case dismissed.

The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner said he doesn't want to disappoint Judge Roberto Canas, who warned that he or a jury could decide Manziel's fate if the deal reached in November is revoked.

The 24-year-old Manziel faced a misdemeanor charge that carried a penalty of up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine after he was accused of hitting and threatening former girlfriend Colleen Crowley during a night out in January 2016. The judge said he called the hearing because Manziel missed a deadline for an update on the progress of meeting his conditions, including one that requires the former Cleveland Browns player to work through the NFL or another agency on a substance-abuse program.

Asked by the judge to explain how things would be going forward, Manziel said he responded quickly when attorney Jim Darnell told him the judge wasn't happy.

Since that day everything's been going extremely smoothly and my life is trending upward," Manziel said in a 70-second statement. "I don't even want to let this get anywhere near the rabbit hole that you were describing. I'm taking this responsibility. This is helping me get my life back together."

Manziel said he was slow to get the process started in part because he was hesitant to work with the NFL. He said the involvement of the NFL Players Association, which administers the league's drug program, also slowed the process.

After the hearing, Manziel responded to questions with brief answers as he was leaving the courthouse, saying he was "keeping all his options open'' about a possible return to the NFL or another pro league. He said he was working out and hoped to be in an NFL training camp in July.

In his first meeting with Manziel since the agreement was reached, Canas had stern words for the quarterback whose party-boy reputation hastened a quick demise in the NFL.

Canas told Manziel he would probably get probation if the case went to trial, but that there would be "another dozen or so" conditions beyond the current stipulations.

Besides the substance-abuse program requirement, Manziel has to stay out of trouble for a year along with completing an anger management program and attending a domestic violence impact panel. He is also required to stay away from his former girlfriend.

"Not everybody who comes through here gets this kind of opportunity because right now you are in charge of what happens to your case," Canas said. "I would hate for you to miss out on the opportunity that you've got right before you."

Argofan_1000

If you are in CFL marketing and this were to happen, do you hold regular season games in Halifax, QC, England, St. Louis or where ever to showcase the CFL product? I think the marketing opportunity would be BIG.

Like him or not he will draw fans and I suspect he will spike attendance in the CFL during away games and on TV far more than anything else we could do. If he winds up in Toronto and the rest of North America has their eyes on TO than the people in the city will take notice

argonaut11xx

Ricky Williams, Dexter Manley, and many more.

Druggies, Drunks, and other types of bad guys.

Johnny football might just fit in.
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

Vermonter

As a Browns fan, I'd have to warn ya against it.

That guy is nothing but trouble.

The ORBs

Xvys

By not abiding by the conditions of his court order, Manziel's CFL career is over before it started. If he was truly committed to his rehabilitation he might have deserved a chance. Now that window has slammed shut and I doubt any CFL team would touch him with a ten-foot pole.

When asked yesterday about Manziel, Marc Trestman gave a curt response that he didn't know anything about him and never saw him play (Trestman said he doesn't watch College football). I highly doubt that the Argos have any interest in Johnny Druggie/Drunk/Wife beater, etc.

jamie

Hahaha. Trestman said that hey? That he doesn't watch college ball? If true ( which I doubt) he wasn't kidding when he has always said he wants nothing to do with personnel matters at the GM level.

bobo82

Quote from: "jamie"
Hahaha. Trestman said that hey? That he doesn't watch college ball? If true ( which I doubt) he wasn't kidding when he has always said he wants nothing to do with personnel matters at the GM level.
Quote from: "Xvys"
By not abiding by the conditions of his court order, Manziel's CFL career is over before it started. If he was truly committed to his rehabilitation he might have deserved a chance. Now that window has slammed shut and I doubt any CFL team would touch him with a ten-foot pole.

When asked yesterday about Manziel, Marc Trestman gave a curt response that he didn't know anything about him and never saw him play (Trestman said he doesn't watch College football). I highly doubt that the Argos have any interest in Johnny Druggie/Drunk/Wife beater, etc.

Actually when Trestman was asked about Manziel at the presser my impression was that both his body language and his curt response was basically saying  that he didn't want nothing to do whatsoever with the likes of a Johnny Manziel for his football team.

I personally can't for the life of me figure out why some on this forum think it would be a great idea and great for the league if this douchebag moron actually was signed  and played in the CFL.  :thdn:   :thdn:  :thdn:

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

HfxTC

There is no point to bringing this guy in. Would take valuable time and resources the team can't spare and if he had any success he'd leave for the NFL.

This is a non starter. Trestman isn't going to let Popp waste any time with Johnny Mangina.

Paolo X

At this point I would not even regard Johnny Manziel as fool's gold. A team would be beyond foolish to deal with him. But he's far from the first college player built up by the media even before he was broken down after breaking down himself even before playing in the NFL. And the build-up by the likes of ESPN is always more when the player is from the Power 4 conferences (the Big 12 does not count any more in my opinion) they feature for college football such as especially the B1G Ten, the SEC, and the ACC.
Best Regards, Paolo

Argofan_1000

Quote from: "Paolo X"
At this point I would not even regard Johnny Manziel as fool's gold. A team would be beyond foolish to deal with him. But he's far from the first college player built up by the media even before he was broken down after breaking down himself even before playing in the NFL. And the build-up by the likes of ESPN is always more when the player is from the Power 4 conferences (the Big 12 does not count any more in my opinion) they feature for college football such as especially the B1G Ten, the SEC, and the ACC.

don't disagree but the league needs to broaden it's reach at home and in the US and when they can get a big name they probably should sign him. Wouldn't more people watch ESPN if Manziel was playing? There would be league increases in attendance, TSN viewership and sponsorships with him than without him.

Grover

Quote from: "Argofan_1000"
Quote from: "Paolo X"

don't disagree but the league needs to broaden it's reach at home and in the US and when they can get a big name they probably should sign him. Wouldn't more people watch ESPN if Manziel was playing? There would be league increases in attendance, TSN viewership and sponsorships with him than without him.

That certainly didn't really work with Ochochino and Michael Sam.  :oops:
More gossip was created south of the border than hype for our League

Users Online

132 Guests, 13 Users (9 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
schmenger, Onemoredork, raymarkca, KevinRiley2, bobo82, Gornaldatron, Oskie18, ExPat, djrobertson2017, Obrigardo, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)