Grover

Riders workout Johnny Manziel in violation of CFL rules

Johnny Football has worked out for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Sources say Manziel was put through the paces by the Riders in Florida in advance of last month’s Senior Bowl. Manziel resides on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ negotiation list, having been added on Sept. 9, 2012 and Saskatchewan did not have permission to conduct the workout. That’s a violation of CFL bylaws, according to the league.

“The rules regarding the neg list are outlined in our by-laws. A team has exclusive rights to a player on their neg list,” according to a league official. “Therefore that player could not be contacted by, worked out by, or negotiate with another club unless consent is given.”

Roughriders president and CEO Craig Reynolds declined to comment.

more here
http://3downnation.com/2017/02/09/rider ... manziel-2/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

papazoola

.....Don't expect Corky and company to obey CFL rules...The league is still dealing with the illegal house of players they set up....This latest gambit is par for the course...Cheats :thdn:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

prairiewolf77

Well if they actually did this, the news is very disappointing in a number of ways:
1) That Jones is up to no good again.
2) That Jones would show any interest in this butthead
3) That the Ti-cats continue to waste a neg list spot on this guy.

Overhyped in college. Crash out in the pros.

BCRiderFan

Perhaps the original poster should add "allegedly" to the thread title. Riders are denying this happened and are considering a lawsuit against 3rddownnation for their unsubstantiated report.

http://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-refute-ma ... t-1.667855
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

BCRiderFan

@jamieNye

From #CFL's Paulo Senra re: Manziel: "We are investigating. The Riders tell us that they did not work out Manziel." con't... #Riders

@JamieNye

More from #CFL: "At this point, it appears the report is false. Should other evidence come to light, we will deal with it accordingly."

I don't suppose anyone in this thread would like to retract their comments, would they?

Grover

Quote from: "BCRiderFan"
@jamieNye

From #CFL's Paulo Senra re: Manziel: "We are investigating. The Riders tell us that they did not work out Manziel." con't... #Riders

@JamieNye

More from #CFL: "At this point, it appears the report is false. Should other evidence come to light, we will deal with it accordingly."

I don't suppose anyone in this thread would like to retract their comments, would they?

BCRiderFan

Perhaps Dunk can state for the record where and when the alleged workout happened, and who from the Roughriders organization was there. You know, some actual journalism?

HfxTC

Hamilton Spectator just picked it up. Drew must think the source is solid. Manziel was at the Senior Bowl...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

The Last Word

Even if it is never proven I am sure Jones and company did quietly work out Manziel once again circumventing league rules.   Just look at his history.  He has no respect for this country, for the league's rules or for anyone in it.  Hiring someone like this to be in complete charge of their organization reflects badly on the Rider organization.  Real bang-up job there guys! :thdn:

Argonauts est.1873

I heard it was his younger brother Joey. They look the same except Joey isn't a drunk.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

BCRiderFan

Quote from: "The Last Word"
Even if it is never proven I am sure Jones and company did quietly work out Manziel once again circumventing league rules.   Just look at his history.  He has no respect for this country, for the league's rules or for anyone in it.  Hiring someone like this to be in complete charge of their organization reflects badly on the Rider organization.  Real bang-up job there guys! :thdn:

Of course that's what you'll think. No evidence of anything whatsoever, but you'll take the "alternative facts" route.

jamie

Personally I'd love to see John Manziel sober up and play in the CFL.

Neg list make no sense to me whatsoever.

papazoola

....So then this is all conjecture then....Considering that it a previous offender to league rules, we will have to wait until there is definitive proof, however where there's smoke...Could there be a 'grainy video 'somewhere that could make an appearance???Some are saying there might be and that would put a whole new light on the situation :roll:

bowl450

Quote from: "Grover"
Riders workout Johnny Manziel in violation of CFL rules

Johnny Football has worked out for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Sources say Manziel was put through the paces by the Riders in Florida in advance of last month’s Senior Bowl. Manziel resides on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats’ negotiation list, having been added on Sept. 9, 2012 and Saskatchewan did not have permission to conduct the workout. That’s a violation of CFL bylaws, according to the league.

“The rules regarding the neg list are outlined in our by-laws. A team has exclusive rights to a player on their neg list,” according to a league official. “Therefore that player could not be contacted by, worked out by, or negotiate with another club unless consent is given.”

Roughriders president and CEO Craig Reynolds declined to comment.

more here
http://3downnation.com/2017/02/09/rider ... manziel-2/

Denise Michaels, spokesperson for Johnny Manziel, tells TSN her client did not work out for @sskroughriders or for any #cfl @cfl team

nythril

I hope the poster is ready to back up and substantiate the bold claim.

If not the title should reflect that it's been alleged

Users Online

150 Guests, 7 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, JoeyT, safetyblitz, 150GAGE, Hamilton2005, bobo82, raymarkca, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 216. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)