TravelPat1

Quote from: "drummer_god"
The leafs have a much better shot of defeating Ottawa than they do the a habs, who have had their number all year.

I'd rather the habs meet the leafs in round 2.

I agree drummer. We just can't seem to beat the Habs. The Leafs have not won a game against the Habs in over three years!  14 losses in a row.

At this point I'll just be happy to have them make the playoffs regardless of who they end up playing in the first round since we've only made the play-offs once in the last 12 years! Still need 5 or 6 more wins to get there though.

drummer_god

Habs' dominance within the Atlantic division continues as they defeat the Sens for the third time in a week.
Sens and Leafs both want to avoid the Habs in the opening round and dance with each other.

Leafs got owned by the Sabers tonight.

Hopefully the Oilers can take the division lead tonight as they play the lowly Avalanche.

drummer_god

4-5 games remain for most teams

Habs have essentially clinched the Atlantic ensuring a habs v Rangers opening round.

Leafs have jumped Ottawa for 2nd in the Atlantic and home ice advantage against the Sens or Bruins.
Sens are dropping fast.

Oilers have claimed 1st in the pacific setting up an opening round matchup with the Flames.

Edit: bruins beat the Blackhawks this afternoon to leap both the leafs and sens for 2nd in Atlantic.
Sens now clinging to 2nd wildcard spot.

TravelPat1

The Leafs showing signs of choking.  They have not looked good at all their last two games - and now they may have to beat one of two very good teams - the Penguins or Columbus this weekend to make the playoffs.

Nervous times in Leafs Nation.

TravelPat1

Whew! A breeze sweeps through Southern Ontario as millions of Leafs fans exhale.  Playoffs baby!

Let the Battle of Ontario begin!

TravelPat1

A little premature with my Battle of Ontario call. Leafs need at least one point in tonight's game against Columbus to clinch third in the Atlantic to face Ottawa.

If they lose in regulation they will have the unenviable task of facing the Capitals instead - which would likely mean a fast exit from the playoffs for the Leafs. At least against Ottawa I think they have a chance.

TravelPat1

Oh well. The Leafs return to the playoffs will be a short one with tonight's loss.  I think they will be lucky to even take one game against the Caps.  

Big turnout at Rogers Hometown Hockey here in Hamilton today. Thousands down at the waterfront during the course of the all day event on what was a nice day here.

TravelPat1

I'm sure not only Leafs fans are dreading having to play the Caps - I'm sure Rogers and CBC aren't thrilled at the prospect of losing the ratings the Leafs bring being shortlived for the playoffs too. But at least they've got 5 Canadian teams for Round One at least.

The Leafs - Pens game Saturday night averaged over 1.84 million on CBC alone. (That does not include those watching the other HNIC games on CITY and Sportsnet).  And on Sunday night Sportsnet got their highest rating of the season for Sunday night hockey with over 1.2 million the average for the Leafs and Columbus.

Here is first round TV coverage.
On CBC  
- Leafs/Caps (with Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson)
- Flames/Ducks (with Rick Ball and John Garrett)
- Most of the Habs/Rangers games (with Paul Romanuk and Garry Galley)

On Sportsnet
- Sens/Bruins with Bob Cole and Greg Millen
- Oilers/Sharks with Dave Randorf and Louie DeBrusk.  

Most of the all American team series are on Sportsnet 360.
- http://media.sportsnet.ca/2017/04/sport ... -schedule/

drummer_god

In the East: Washington over Toronto. Montreal over New York. Pittsburgh over Columbus. Boston over Ottawa.

In the West: Chicago over Nashville. St Louis over Minnesota. Calgary over Anaheim. Edmonton over San Jose.

rcon

In the East: Washington over Toronto. Montreal over New York. Pittsburgh over Columbus. Boston over Ottawa.

In the West: Chicago over Nashville. St Louis over Minnesota. Calgary over Anaheim. Edmonton over San Jose.

Columbus may surprise Pittsburgh and I think Minnesota over St. Louis, but I think the rest are spot on.

TravelPat1

In the east Washington, Rangers, Sens and Pens
In the west Chicago, Anaheim, Oilers and Blues.

c-way-dude

It appears that both groups looking at renovating Seattle's Key Arena have submitted proposals to the city.
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hockey/prospective-keyarena-groups-add-nhl-assurance-with-new-partners/

Aerial

Darn the Habs lost tonight, have to step it up.  At any rate, nice to see lots of Canadian teams in it, makes the SC playoffs a bit more interesting for me.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

drummer_god

Bad start for 3 Canadian teams.

sambo42

Bad start for 3 Canadian teams.

The Habs need to score... the King had a great game though... I have a feeling that I  will losing a friendly wager and buying a Rangers hat... could be worse, it could be (ugh) Leafs hat lol...

Users Online

87 Guests, 5 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Braleyneedstogo, schmenger, Evil Doctor, hendy77, Yahoo!, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)