depopulationINC

Released by the Bombers.

I know he has peaked, and he was a bit of a letdown for the Bombers last season....but this would be a really nice pickup if he is not demanding top end money

PrideLivesHere

Do you think he was released due to a cap issue?
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

depopulationINC

Quote from: "PrideLivesHere"
Do you think he was released due to a cap issue?

In a sense.  Big wage is part of it but he had probably his worst year as well....making the wage hard for a team that was sms strapped.   Sholo has always been a beast at collapsing the gap...never really happened last season.  He was given a pretty healthy contract 170 or 180 i think) but didn't live up to it IMO....but at 31 I would think it is simply an off year as opposed to hitting a wall....been a complete stud in there last season aside.  I would still rather have local Evans, but hey...

If it is not breaking the bank I would totally go for it.  I have always been surprised he didn't hit up the Esks for a job and maybe he does now...but if he is interested in returning it seems a solid move.  If Gaydosh pans out it is potentially 2 NI starters on the DL and we know he likes Regina so....
If nothing else...if you can land him at ~120 it gives you a solid rotation there.

I would still prefer to chase a guy like Westerman or even Laing or Oramasionwu...but it is hard say Sholo would be a bad signing.  He is a good gap stuffer...but if you are looking for a consistent pocket collapser look elsewhere

nowhereman

He's off the market...Als signed him to 2 year deal

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/02/01/als-sign-s ... year-deal/

Users Online

145 Guests, 12 Users (12 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RichardVeilleux, ExPat, KevinRiley2, raymarkca, Jindred, jim43bob, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 207. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)