depopulationINC

Vanstone is now reporting that a deal with Carter is close

I know most recognize that he is a combination of one of the best in the game if not the best in the game...but also an issue with his antics.  Haven't seen or talked to anyone who would be "pumped" about him coming on board

that said it is rumored to be a 130 per deal with no signing bonus.  If this is the case it seems like a risk worth taking...if he becomes an issue you waive farewell.  Not a huge fan of bringing him in but if this contract is true it is a solid enough move with little downside.

The concern of course is that they become trigger happy going after Franklin with a package that includes Roosevelt...which I don't like until at least Carter proves he can be a good teammate and has turned a corner.  I am willing to give a guy s a shot...the release from Montreal may have been a wake-up call...but he needs to have an extremely short leash.

130k tells the story of what this man has done to his image...no way he should be that low and in all honesty should probably be in the NFL talent wise.

JimmytheGreek

Great news!!! A receiver that had tantrums and fights  with his qb last  year because he felt he didn't get the ball enough coming to a team that has no experienced qb. Hmm deja vu Montreal? Nah it couldn't happen two seasons in a row right?

The one area we didn't need really to make changes and yet here we go. So the big question is if Carter is in then who is out? Bagg, Roosevelt, Edwards, Holly? Hmm the plot thickens.... or is it the BS? Hard to tell the difference these days.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Great news!!! A receiver that had tantrums and fights  with his qb last  year because he felt he didn't get the ball enough coming to a team that has no experienced qb. Hmm deja vu Montreal? Nah it couldn't happen two seasons in a row right?

The one area we didn't need really to make changes and yet here we go. So the big question is if Carter is in then who is out? Bagg, Roosevelt, Edwards, Holly? Hmm the plot thickens.... or is it the BS? Hard to tell the difference these days.

so it is a bad thing to try to bring in better talent?  oookie.  Fact is Carter is extremely talented and the numbers being reported is a no lose for any club...if he is trouble you let him walk and his career could be over.  where is the harm here?

Moving Bagg makes zero sense

Why would they release any of the names you mentioned?  I would assume it would be Bates or Craig barring a trade....and there are imports further down on the charts than them...all making base or near base. Fuller likely won't be re-signed either.

if you think it is BS then take it up with Vanstone/Dunk

Rob Vanstone Retweeted
Justin Dunk ?@JDunk12 6h6 hours ago

Duron Carter on verge of signing with #Riders http://3downnation.com/2017/01/22/duron ... th-riders/ … #CFL

personally I would pass...but it is hard to slam signing him at that price...someone I know has also claimed he has turned down at least 2 offers for more.  Downfield he is second to none...but he leaves a lot to be desired for pitching in on the short game (ie blocking) and of course comes with the baggage...but again...at 130 for his potential and him knowing that this could be it for him...a fair risk to take.  punt him after 3 games if he is an issue.  Punt him after a dozen games if he is an issue.  I don't see a pile of downside at this price.  It is a contract that screams "prove it"

As far as the Cato stuff...the guy has a pile of his own baggage...so I take that particular situation with a grain of salt...though there is little doubt Carter was not a good teammate in that situation...but Cato had done a lot of BS along the way and pulled a lot after as well....it was noted multiple times where he lost it on teammates both before and after Carter.

bowl450

The one area we didn't need really to make changes and yet here we go.

agreed.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "bowl450"

agreed.

So you feel he is not an improvement skill wise over any of the receivers?

again...probably not a move I would make...but hard to actually fault it at the price.

bowl450

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Quote from: "bowl450"

agreed.

So you feel he is not an improvement skill wise over any of the receivers?

again...probably not a move I would make...but hard to actually fault it at the price.

is Duron Carter an improvement,
 talent wise,  yes.
 maturity wise no,
I hope that I am wrong on the decision to bring in Carter, but I'm with you on this Depop not a move that I would make

who do you trade or let go to make room for Carter or can we keep them all ?,
Roosevelt , Collins, Holley, Craig or Edwards ?
hard to give up a team player for a head case ?

the hard fact is that we need O-Line, plain and simple.
without one it doesn't mater whos catching balls if you cant get the ball to them especially with a rookie QB ?

HfxTC

The idea that he could be a steal isn't really attractive. This will be a one year deal and if he puts up numbers He will demand to be paid, may even be in season. This has disaster written all over.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "HfxTC"
The idea that he could be a steal isn't really attractive. This will be a one year deal and if he puts up numbers He will demand to be paid, may even be in season. This has disaster written all over.

the one year part is an interesting point...not a huge amount of gain if it is indeed only a one year deal

as far as mid season raises...good luck...it seems to be a "prove it" deal.

JimmytheGreek

[/quote]

is Duron Carter an improvement,
 talent wise,  yes.
 maturity wise no,
I hope that I am wrong on the decision to bring in Carter, but I'm with you on this Depop not a move that I would make

who do you trade or let go to make room for Carter or can we keep them all ?,
Roosevelt , Collins, Holley, Craig or Edwards ?
hard to give up a team player for a head case ?

the hard fact is that we need O-Line, plain and simple.
without one it doesn't mater whos catching balls if you cant get the ball to them especially with a rookie QB ?[/quote]

bowl you silly rabbit, trix is for kids ;) the carrot that will be dangled though is Roosevelt in a Franklin deal if they sign Carter. Edmonton needs a good receiver to replace one that went to the NFL and sure they could have taken Carter but they were not stupid enough to take the chance on him. Roosevelt though ah yes now that is another story. Sure they would have to trade Franklin but that may be the only option rather then lose him in FA for nothing.  We all ready paid Roosevelt a bonus so no worries there for Edmonton, Oh that would be one piece of the puzzle the remainder cost to us? A first round pick for sure and possibly a bit more. Jones gets his prize, Edmonton get better, and we get stuck with Carter and of course the tab of another squandered signing of a player,paying them a bonus and then trading them. You know, the  usual way Jones does things.

depopulationINC

Jimmy...what are you doing of late with your quotes?? lol

at any rate...unless it is a very reasonable deal I can not see Roosevelt being moved...like him plus a 2nd rounder or something....and that seems unlikely unless it late in the season...in which case they should know where they are at with Carter.  Roosevelt was a priority signing so it will take a fair bit to move off of him.  If the Carter thing is only 1 season...yeah...don't see it happening then.  If they do trade him I don't care about the signing bonus...that is last year's cash....but yeah...not a fan of the move if that is where they are going with it....if it is straight up 130k to line him up and that is all there is to it...great.

Bowl...you are spot on with the OL...and they stated this was their biggest point of concern going into the offseason.  One can assume LaBatte is back,....so LG is shored up.  C is "ok" with Clark...RG they have enough talent that someone will need to grow into the roll...that could be Clark with Vonk or Guy moving to C (I don't like Clark at C...never have) or it could be one of those 2 at RG...could also be JSJ or someone new.  That seems like a pretty good interior.  Coleman did a great job at RT but suckled at LT...so really that is the point of concern.  They have already brought bodies in for that so time will tell.

HfxTC

Not sure why any GM would trade their top young prospect QB to a rival for an import receiver when you have your choice of Williams,Burnham, Tolliver, Ellingson, Fantuz and more still prospective free agents. Hervey is a receiver himself, he's shown he's the best talent evaluator in the league at the position.

I think this is wishful thinking.

LeStaf

Quote from: "HfxTC"

C'est un peu le scénario que je vois aussi.  Le but premier de Rarter est d'avoir une deuxième chance dans la NFL, et le but second est de pouvoir se négocier des meilleures conditions si son but premier n'est pas atteint.  Je ne crois pas qu'il va vouloir se compromettre pour plus d'un an cette année.  Il rêve encore d'une carrière chez lui.  Donc, la perspective d'un contrat d'un an est très probable.

Partant de ces prémisses, il sait qu'il va devoir accomplir quelque chose de très solide pour réussir à attirer l'attention  au sud de la frontière de nouveau.  Les seuls contacts de son père ne suffiront pas.  Mais si les Roughriders n'ont pas l'unité offensive pour lui permettre d'aller chercher ces statistiques (quart-arrière, ligne offensive, structure d'attaque), ou si ils l'ont mais que Rarter est un rouage parmi d'autres dans cette unité, le naturel va revenir au galop. Il va paresser à l'entraînement, il va dénigrer ses coéquipiers et lorsque le ballon ne lui sera pas destiné, il va le télégraphier à l'adversaire à la ligne de mêlée.  Ce sera de l'argent très mal dépensé par les Roughriders, qui devront probablement faire une croix sur un autre joueur pour lui faire de la place, joueur qui aura peut-être moins de talent mais plus d' "intangibles" qui compenseraient.

Si le plan 1 ne fonctionne pas, il se retrouve dans la même position l'an prochain et encore à un âge où il peut croire que son plan 1 arrivera.  Donc, il pourrait être tenté de refaire ce plan, misant encore une fois sur son talent.

Je trouve tout de même étrange que dans l'évaluation de son talent, on oublie son talent à foutre le bordel dans un vestiaire.  Il l'a fait en 2014 en paressant avec Nocatcho Johnson pendant les entraînements et il l'a fait de multiples façons en 2016.  Et dans toute cette histoire avec Cato, Cato était celui qui voulait que les choses fonctionnent pour les Alouettes alors que Rarter était celui qui voulait que les choses fonctionnent pour lui-même.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

LeStaf

Il semblerait qu'une entente soit imminente. Donnez lui des biscuits verts aux pépites de chocolat blanc, et il sera très content. Ça ne fera pas de lui un meilleur coéquipier, mais il sera très content.

ed ohmnes

nowhereman

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
??????
ed...what's the question?

Users Online

133 Guests, 8 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mr62cats, RiX, TeddyFay, mycko75, ExPat, Palmer, Yahoo!, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 176. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)