mike2579

The Saskatchewan Roughriders traded the playing rights of quarterback Darian Durant to the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for a fourth round selection (32nd overall) in the 2017 CFL Draft and a conditional second round selection in the 2018 CFL Draft.

Why not, have a few weeks to sit down and bang out a deal. I like it and we did not have to give up a roster player
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

disciplineandpunish

They had better lock him up to a multi-year deal or we'll look awfully stupid.

I like Durant as a person, but am not a huge fan of his on-field play. That said, he's an Al now and I hope he tears it up for us.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

mike2579

I find the Alouettes tweet is misleading, he is a Alouette for a month or until a deal gets signed. I don't see how we wouldn't sign him but don't show pics of him in a uniform yet.

jkm

I see this as a "temporary" move; Durant's best years are behind him, but he can still sling the ball out to his receivers, and the Als have receivers who can get the job done.

The QB situation is still not settled by this move, but Durant can probably get the Als a few Ws.

Cautiously optimistic over this move.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "mike2579"
I find the Alouettes tweet is misleading, he is a Alouette for a month or until a deal gets signed. I don't see how we wouldn't sign him but don't show pics of him in a uniform yet.

Unless this is one of those nudge-nudge wink-wink situations where the trade only happened because Durant agreed to a deal with us in advance.

Edit: I really, really, really, REALLY hope this spells the end of Crompton in an Als uniform.

RichardVeilleux

I wish him the best. The offensive line will have to improve,otherwise he won't last too long. Not a big fan of him,but he's now an Alouettes and I do hope that he will be part/contribute to many victories in the Als uniform.

I always want players to be as well paid as possible, but let's hope that Kavis Reed won't commit $400,000 for him; not worth it. He could receive a $50,000 to $75,000 signing bonus and a base salary between $225,000 and $250,000 with some incentives that could bring his max. salary in 2017 to no more than $325,000.

Kavis did not give that much and I am sure that they were allowed to discuss with him,before the trade. Official signing should come in the next week to ten days.

Richard

HfxTC

I'm very happy with this. We don't know if this will work or not, there is no sure thing in business. Why I am happy is that we have some alignment. The HC wanted Darian and the GM went out and got him. That alone is a huge improvement over the previous regime. Also we didn't have to give up our young quarterbacks to achieve this.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

disciplineandpunish

I like that Kavis didn't get fleeced on this trade. As Richard said, we didn't give up that much. I also agree that we shouldn't pay Durant too much, but we'll have to see when the signing is announced.

As for the O-line, the best way to get things turned around is consistency at QB and OC and a lasting commitment to the running game.

HfxTC

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
I wish him the best. The offensive line will have to improve,otherwise he won't last too long. Not a big fan of him,but he's now an Alouettes and I do hope that he will be part/contribute to many victories in the Als uniform.

I always want players to be as well paid as possible, but let's hope that Kavis Reed won't commit $400,000 for him; not worth it. He could receive a $50,000 to $75,000 signing bonus and a base salary between $225,000 and $250,000 with some incentives that could bring his max. salary in 2017 to no more than $325,000.

Kavis did not give that much and I am sure that they were allowed to discuss with him,before the trade. Official signing should come in the next week to ten days.

Richard

He played all season last year with a worse Oline and he didn't die  :roll:
Stop playing GM Richard, no established QB in this league plays for 325k.

idealsheldon

Well it`s only 2 wks. into the New Year and I have certainly been proven wrong. It usually takes until the 3rd wk. I never thought Jones would be allowed to dump Durant , with Sask. moving into their new digs and with no current Plan B at QB.

As for Durant, I need a QB, our Forum needs a QB, but more importantly the Als franchise needs a QB to recapture fan interest in the marketplace. There has to be a sense of urgency.

We have no idea if Adams or Cato are the long term solution at QB, and if they are, they are at least a couple of years away.  And the team cannot afford to wait.

Now let`s get him signed! I`ll let Richard and the Wetenhalls worry about the dollars.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

disciplineandpunish

A few more thoughts on the O-line:

Matte is not a center. He can play it in a pinch, but he had lots of trouble making the protection calls and getting the alignment set up pre-snap last year. So either LBJ takes over the spot for a year or two while we look for a long-term replacement or we move Blake to center. Here's what I would do:

LT - Ruby (haven't given up on him) backed up by a good American tackle
LG - Gagnon
C - Blake
RG - Matte
RT - Perrett splitting time with Ryan White

Backups: LBJ, Piotrowski

HfxTC

If fans want to hear football stuff. Jones is having a presser around noon and they will be talking Durant all day in Saskatchewan
 http://cjme.com/listen-live

HfxTC

Jones presser starts now.

tony

Quote from: "HfxTC"
I'm very happy with this. We don't know if this will work or not, there is no sure thing in business. Why I am happy is that we have some alignment. The HC wanted Darian and the GM went out and got him. That alone is a huge improvement over the previous regime. Also we didn't have to give up our young quarterbacks to achieve this.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Step in the right direction.

HfxTC

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
A few more thoughts on the O-line:

Matte is not a center. He can play it in a pinch, but he had lots of trouble making the protection calls and getting the alignment set up pre-snap last year. So either LBJ takes over the spot for a year or two while we look for a long-term replacement or we move Blake to center. Here's what I would do:

LT - Ruby (haven't given up on him) backed up by a good American tackle
LG - Gagnon
C - Blake
RG - Matte
RT - Perrett splitting time with Ryan White

Backups: LBJ, Piotrowski

Lots of options

Foucault/Import
Ruby
Blake
Matte
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Matte
Gagnon
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Lavertue
Matte
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Lavertue
Matte
Ruby

Foucault/import
Blake
LBJ
Matte
Perrett

and on and on

Work in progress but as you can see Foucault is an important piece.

Users Online

87 Guests, 20 Users (14 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
themuck, Mr. Pike, sportsfan100, Stampeder67, ExPat, Bayargonaut00, OskeeweeneeVI, Taleback, letsgoticats, dcmoses, bohdon, Big Dave, gc.108, ed ohmnes, Rick16, GC Bound, Mightygoose, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)