nowhereman

http://www.cfl.ca/draft-tracker/

No 3rd round pick...better make the first 2 count!!

Taleback

I would be interested to know how many 3rd or later rounders ever had a career. I'm guessing 15 - 20% tops. In todays CFL the draft has become way less important IMO, as every year half the league are free agents. I'm thinking the best shopper is the best G.M. rather than the best drafter.

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "nowhereman"
http://www.cfl.ca/draft-tracker/

No 3rd round pick...better make the first 2 count!!


No matter, if Jones trades for Franklin those first two picks are likely property of the Eskimos and quite possibly throw in a starting NI and perhaps Roosevelt just for good measure. I mean Hervey wanted JSJ and our 1st round pick this coming year back in June when we had Darian. Now that is all but  over, think Hervey's ask will be less? Lol he will bend Jones over and make him sing Hervey's praises. Probably dueling banjos playing in the back ground for added ambiance.

nowhereman

Quote from: "Taleback"
I would be interested to know how many 3rd or later rounders ever had a career. I'm guessing 15 - 20% tops. In todays CFL the draft has become way less important IMO, as every year half the league are free agents. I'm thinking the best shopper is the best G.M. rather than the best drafter.

Drafted 3rd round or later:

2010 draft: Neufeld, C. Muamba, Palardy, Rwabukamba, Watt, Brouillette
2011 draft: Sinopoli, Milo, Feoli-Gudino, Walter
2012 draft: Gascon-Nadon, Charbonneau-Campeau, Bamba
2013 draft: Lokombo, Hus, Vonk, Steinhauer
2014 draft: Webster, Crapigna

To name a few. Some were actually all-stars.

PrideLivesHere

Bagg wasn't even drafted and he turned out pretty well. IMHO
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

bowl450

Quote from: "PrideLivesHere"
Bagg wasn't even drafted and he turned out pretty well. IMHO

the higher in the draft you go is only an indicator of the athletes potential, and potential does not necessarily mean success, this also includes coaching philosophies,  as not all players fit into every organisations coaching philosophies, dependant on the athletes own strength and weaknesses.
with football being a true team sport where your success or lack of success as a player, is directly related to your team mates success or lack of success, fitting into the right organisational philosophy will greatly enhance your career.
 


Users Online

154 Guests, 18 Users (13 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
danoc_86, PTBO Dave, RichardVeilleux, RBFan2014, Lerminx, dcmoses, ArgoT, KevinRiley2, Grover, raymarkca, riders78, porter24, meaker23, Iconic SR, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)