noback

Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "noback"
http://www.tsn.ca/redblacks-re-sign-powell-on-one-year-deal-1.661352

Powell inked for another season :thup:

Good stuff, so long as his injury wasn't the type that takes 2 years to come back fully from.

I believe it was Gary Lawless that said that LaFrance was asking for starter money. Pump the brakes, lad.  :roll:

Powell/ Madu and Lavoie / Gillanders. I like it. Personally, I couldn't care any less if Travon Van never returns.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

QQ One-Nine

Keith Shologan released, as you've probably heard. Knowing now (or at least hearing) that he was making $170K makes me glad that Desjardins didn't try to compete with that offer. But at a reduced, teaming with Zack Evans again, I'd certainly like to see that.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

slimjim2

Quote from: "QQ One-Nine"
Keith Shologan released, as you've probably heard. Knowing now (or at least hearing) that he was making $170K makes me glad that Desjardins didn't try to compete with that offer. But at a reduced, teaming with Zack Evans again, I'd certainly like to see that.

The Als have signed him,  let's hope that he shows the form he displayed in Sask............. :oops:

noback

QQ One-Nine

Thanks again to the Ottawa Sun for their "It looks like all of Ottawa remaining free agents are going to hit the market on Tuesday" that caused so many heads to explode.

noback

BigJoeM

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/desjardins-jackson-and-kanneh-will-test-free-agency-1.671249

McMillan re-signed late last night :thup:

Great signing now lets get a few more proven guys back  . I need to see EJ and Kanneh back they are just too much character /talent to see go somewhere else .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn\'t care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn\'t care about free speech .

Argonauts est.1873

Well you signed a great young receiver in Kenny Shaw from TO. Now I know how Ottawa football fans felt back in the day with horrible owners and situations.

I've never felt as hopeless as an Argo fan as I do right now. The future looks very bleak. I'm starting to think that they want the Argonauts to fold because no one can be this inept can they?
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

noback

Damaso Munoz released by #Redblacks

Argonauts est.1873

Dionte Spence jumps out of the sinking Argo ship to Ottawa. First Bob Barker gut the Argo receiving core by cutting four and now the assistant GM has stating receivers baling fast. SH!TSHOW by the lake.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

noback

LaFrance gone to Saskatchewan :thdn:

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "Argonauts  est.1873"
Dionte Spence jumps out of the sinking Argo ship to Ottawa. First Bob Barker gut the Argo receiving core by cutting four and now the assistant GM has stating receivers baling fast. SH!TSHOW by the lake.

Completely different perspective of course, but in light of having no dedicated GM at the moment and no head coach, that you've managed to snag a couple of guys is phenomenal to me.

I don't want to give you the "hang in there" line because you've heard it plenty and it probably seems like you'll never get there but it WILL get better.

QQ One-Nine

Damaso Munoz released by #Redblacks

That's rough. The perception was that it was due to signing Khalil Bass, but Desjardins said the decision was made last night in order to bring back McMillan.

Chris Milo too. Said he's known since before Christmas. Was told he was not consistent enough. The odd thing is that Ray Early was announced as being re-signed on December 15th, yet he's still on everyone FA list.  :cowboy:

QQ One-Nine

LaFrance gone to Saskatchewan :thdn:

Reportedly for $100G. Too rich for my blood.

Users Online

108 Guests, 10 Users (6 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
15_championships, mycko75, Mightygoose, Eagle, RichardVeilleux, ExPat, ticats28, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)