Montreal     2008  
Ottawa        2017
Calgary       2009  
Edmonton  2010  
Winnipeg    2015  
Regina        2013
Pull Together everyone

Cool

Ottawa could be a real success, so my vote is for Montreal (Olympic Stadium) in 2018.  Might as well keep the momentum moving, and it will be 10 years since it was last held.  

Then ship it out to Alberta for 2019 and then Regina in 2020.

Argonauts est.1873

Ottawa obviously next year, booked and pumped already. I hope Calgary as they are do should be next out west.

Regina needs more hotels before hosting again.

Hamilton and Montreal will be do in the east.

Vancouver is always high on my list.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

brihind88

Hamilton needs to take top spot , I would hope.

I have a friend in Burlington , who is familiar with Hamilton.
He says the big problem is the residential location. Logistics and all.

Regardless, I am sure they would make it work.

Now that the OLY is fixed up, the CFL would love to have 2 domed stadiums to use.
Which the CFL looks like they want Vancouver every 4 to 6 years on average.

Even though Regina has a new stadium, I would think they are out of the loop for a while. 2013 is still very recent.

I would think Calgary or Edmonton would be due soon.

Yet all of this depends on bidding.

My speculation :

2018 - HAMILTON
2019 - MONTREAL
2020 - CALGARY
2021 - EDMONTON
2022 - REGINA
2023 - VANCOUVER

If I get 3  years correct, I will consider my speculation a success.

Mightygoose

My stab,

2018 - Regina. They'll want it in the new stadium but give it a year first. Due to be back in the west
2019 - Hamilton. They'll work out whatever kinks by then.
2020 - Edmonton. Overdue
2021 - Montreal. If they can make it work with the roof for the Impact they can for the Grey Cup.

On deck after that but no specific date.

Calgary - One the new stadium opens, should it happen
Vancouver - Once Braley sells the team and hopefully the new owners don't host until their 3rd year at the earliest. Don't make the same mistake as Toronto.

sportsfan100

Grey Cup isn't going to happen in Montreal anytime soon without fixing the roof to the tune of 220 million. There is over 660 tears in the roof.  The stadium isn't considered safe if there is 3 cm or more of snow on it.  The difference between hosting a MLS game there and the Grey Cup is the time frames.  If there would have been enough snow on the roof to cause cancellation they had almost 6 days to get that game played something that can't happen with the Grey Cup.   The CFL already stated that fact a couple of years ago that there would be no grey cup at the Big O until the roof is fixed or replaced.

brihind88

Quote from: "sportsfan100"
Grey Cup isn't going to happen in Montreal anytime soon without fixing the roof to the tune of 220 million. There is over 660 tears in the roof.  The stadium isn't considered safe if there is 3 cm or more of snow on it.  The difference between hosting a MLS game there and the Grey Cup is the time frames.  If there would have been enough snow on the roof to cause cancellation they had almost 6 days to get that game played something that can't happen with the Grey Cup.   The CFL already stated that fact a couple of years ago that there would be no grey cup at the Big O until the roof is fixed or replaced.

I am sorry, did I misread something ?

I thought they had the roof fixed.  :?

I recall a link.

Grover

Quote from: "brihind88"
Quote from: "sportsfan100"

I am sorry, did I misread something ?

I thought they had the roof fixed.  :?

I recall a link.

They have an improved roof heating system and it worked well for the Impact/TFC game.
MTL got 5 to 9cm of snow and there was no accumulation on the roof.

"RDS reported Monday that the Olympic Installations Board (OIB) said a heating system to melt the snow functioned properly and there was no accumulation on the roof, meaning Tuesday’s game can go ahead as planned.

About five centimetres of snow fell in Montreal Sunday night and Monday morning and another 2-4 centimetres were in the forecast for Monday with a high of minus-2C."

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/socce ... ayoff-game

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

pw13

2018 - Regina
2019 - Hamilton
2020 - Edmonton
2021 - Ottawa
2022 - Winnipeg (or Calgary if new stadium built there by then)
2023 - Toronto (150th anniversary of Argos)
2024 - Calgary (or Winnipeg if Calgary got 2022)
2025 - Vancouver
2026 - Hamilton
2027 - Regina

Won't go to Mtl because no stadium big enough. I don't think they will take their chances with the Big O's roof -- a huge dump of snow could render the game unplayable.

drummer_god

2017 - Ottawa
2018 - Regina ( back in the West after 2 years in the East)
2019 - Hamilton
2020 - Edmonton
2021 - Winnipeg
2022 - Montreal ( East after 2 in the west plus roof fixed )
2023 - Toronto (150th anniversary of Argos)
2024 - Calgary ( hopefully a new or renovated stadium )
2025 - Vancouver

VICIOUSCIRCLE

I know there will be some who don't like my idea, or who just simply disagree with it.  But I believe that you could put it in potential cites every so often. Before you kill or shoot the idea down, hear me out first. I have spoken with the company and a couple of it's engineers that built the Temp stadium that was Empire. And you could have made it to accommodate 45 - 60 thousand depending on config. Also Empire was built to last 10 years, so you could put one in a city and have it last for 10 years and begin as a 45-60 thousand seater then collapse to a 30 thousand seater afterwards.
So say Halifax could host a Grey Cup instead of say Montreal seating 45 - 60K then collapse it into 30K for the team moving forward. Empire cost 14 Million so say for arguments sake the 45-60 cost 20 million. You now have a stadium for 10 years to play in and build your team, to have the permanent one built for year 11.

Thoughts?
12 year BC Lions Seasons Ticket Holder. \":rockin:\"

Mightygoose

Using a temp stadium in neutral sites is an out of the box idea and they can start conversations for sure.

Two big question marks come to mind

1) If it's a neutral site, who would be determine as the host and more importantly the committee formed to go along with it? I just can see any owner wanting the revenues to go to someone who is not currently in the club.

2) If the temp stadium can be scaled down what kind of facilities in terms of suites, premium seats, large concessions and signage options can be put in for a small cost. These would be the things, the would attract the corporate dollars and really drive the revenues to make a team in a new location (or anywhere) to keep the new team viable - Does 20 million or so allow that? Otherwise, it sets up a team for failure after an initial windfall, especially if the government and private sector is not on board to make the upgrades needed for long term success.

project.legacy

2018 will probably go out West, so I'd like to see Edmonton
2019 - Hamilton (Tigers 150th Anniversary)
2020 - Regina
2021 - Should be Montreal, if they can ever fix the Big Owe, but if that doesn't happen = Calgary
2022 - BC or Calgary (depending on 2021)
2023 - Toronto (Argonauts 150th Anniversary)
2024 - BC or Calgary (depending on '21 and '22)
2025 - Halifax (Hopefully they'll have a team by 2021 lol)

Shipyard

Orridge said they are going go to bidding for the game.

ie. $ will get the game
The game wouldn't  necessarily rotate around to all 9 cities (so each team can get a windfall $7-10m) anymore.  

Cities will bid.  Most of the $$$ will go to the league.  Tighter profit margin for Organizing committee.  bids might eventually go for breakeven to get economic activity the game generators

For example:
Now:
buy grey cup from the league for $4m.
team takes financial risk and makes $7-10milion
requires perfect rotatation among all 9 markets in order for everyone to participate in windfall every 9 years

Future - bidding process:
team/city buy grey cup from league for $13m
team takes financial risk and maybe only makes $0-2M
all teams share in windfall every year.

VICIOUSCIRCLE

Well Mightygoose I was thinking that the League would have an owner/group lined up like there is in Halifax now and have them as the host. And you can have all the amenities and luxury boxes you need, the price just goes up. The facilities, concessions etc can be built in unlike Empire as Empire was for one  Season and a bit only. You can also make it look good with exterior wraps and or construct.

Users Online

68 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ed ohmnes, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 118. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)