papazoola

......You know my feelings about Danny V....big mistake not taking him at one...Just like I said at the time,when we were pursuing Willy,BIG mistake ,and it proved out to be just that...Danny will come back to haunt us :twisted:....Ekakatie better play lights out or I will consider that the blunder of the 17 draft.....Watt should be serviceable
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "papazoola"
......You know my feelings about Danny V....big mistake not taking him at one...Just like I said at the time,when we were pursuing Willy,BIG mistake ,and it proved out to be just that...Danny will come back to haunt us :twisted:....Ekakatie better play lights out or I will consider that the blunder of the 17 draft.....Watt should be serviceable

Ekakatie & a ghost-rider . . . . .  this could be as bust as bust could be if Ekak can't hold his own in the middle and the bombers are forced to severely restrict his rotation (or assign him a phantom injury)

Instead of Vandervoort, Junior Luke & Gray (at #15)

As per usual the bomber bungle brigade really stepped far out on their annual limb this year . . . . the big pressure will be on Spooner (who hasn't signed yet) to push away Mr. Injured Man & Mikey Couture to get in as #6 o-lineman, rotating in gradually as he learns the pro system.

Like you say Papa, if Ekak doesn't light it up in the middle - we know he can't sack a bag of groceries - but if he's pushed around on running plays - WELL, THE BOMBERS BLEW IT AGAIN! :cowboy:
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Quote from: "papazoola"

Ekakatie & a ghost-rider . . . . .  this could be as bust as bust could be if Ekak can't hold his own in the middle and the bombers are forced to severely restrict his rotation (or assign him a phantom injury)

Instead of Vandervoort, Junior Luke & Gray (at #15)

As per usual the bomber bungle brigade really stepped far out on their annual limb this year . . . . the big pressure will be on Spooner (who hasn't signed yet) to push away Mr. Injured Man & Mikey Couture to get in as #6 o-lineman, rotating in gradually as he learns the pro system.

Like you say Papa, if Ekak doesn't light it up in the middle - we know he can't sack a bag of groceries - but if he's pushed around on running plays - WELL, THE BOMBERS BLEW IT AGAIN! :cowboy:

......We also could have made a deal with Corky (although I don't like having anything to do with that clown) and secured no 2, for 6 and 23, netting us the 2 best players in the draft...Riders might have bit as they need canucks badly...I felt that Gray would have still been there at 15...All water over the waterfall now and it is what it is.. :(

Lyle B. Style

I agree Papa.

If Corky would have sold us his #2 for our #6 & #23 (we burnt that pick on outsider Bubu Conteh) we could have done some magic at #1/#2

ie.

Vandervoort & Behar
Vandervoort & Luke

Still got Gray @ #15 (don't think any other teams were gonna take a flyer on a 3 year packer developmental.

Might have got Spooner in the 4th round, who knows - I suspect he might not have lasted past 25 though!

Vandervoort & Behar would have been killer. We'd have gone from the team with the weakest Canadian WR's - to perhaps the team with the strongest! If your gonna pay Nichols over $400k may as well give him as many viable targets as possible!

Now, its basically a pile of import hobos plus very dodgey Canadian stock!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Walters is really sealing his fate with Ekakatie, isn't he? Although burning another couple 1st round picks might get him into Wad Miller's 400 Club!

Users Online

103 Guests, 15 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, ExPat, yougottabekidding, mike619, papazoola, Clawed2bitz, sully, Wumper, GOTC1, blackgold73, Sidney, Stangbang, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)