8.3%
2 (8.3%)
Other
25%
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: Nov 26 2016, 09:23 PM

disciplineandpunish

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, there's a new GM poll for the Montreal Alouettes. Jim Popp as GM of the Als predates the cfl.ca forums by a number of years. As far as the modern Als franchise goes, we've literally never been in this situation before, so have at it. Who do you think will be the next GM of the Alouettes?

FYI, this list is a cut and paste of Bruno Heppell's list of possible candidates.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny has no idea! Sunderland is who Johnny would LIKE to be our next GM. Don't know if it will be him.

At least 4 of the choices in the poll make Johnny vomit!  :thdn:
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Fhak.  Danny was in here and voted for himself!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"
Johnny has no idea! Sunderland is who Johnny would LIKE to be our next GM. Don't know if it will be him.

At least 4 of the choices in the poll make Johnny vomit!  :thdn:

Same here. I would like Sunderland to get the job, and that's who I voted for. Figuring out who ownership will choose? Makes my head hurt.

disciplineandpunish

Another advantage to Sunderland: if we hire him, we also weaken the top team in the division (Ottawa). Double win. Come on, Wetenhalls, do the right thing!

HfxTC

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
Another advantage to Sunderland: if we hire him, we also weaken the top team in the division (Ottawa). Double win. Come on, Wetenhalls, do the right thing!

Now your thinking like a Killer :)

I could see Ottawa replace him with Popp too. Everyone is happy. Popp stays in Mooresville and we get a young dynamic GM.

idealsheldon

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Class act  :thup:

idealsheldon

Herb starting to waffle a bit.

Herb Zurkowsky ?@HerbZurkowsky1  9m9 minutes ago
And if Sunderland's being interviewed, Danny Maciocia can't be far behind, I would guess.

Herb Zurkowsky ?@HerbZurkowsky1  12m12 minutes ago
As I reported earlier this week, #Als requested permission to interview Brock Sunderland - who wasn't at Redblacks exit meetings today. Hmmm

HfxTC

Herb's the kind of guy that takes a p i s s in the punch bowl and then stands in the corner and watches.

idealsheldon

The Als should interview candidates from other teams if only to pick their brains, guys like O`Day, McManus, McEvoy, Geroy Simon. But only in a timely manner as the hiring has to be done quickly.

disciplineandpunish

To me, what they should do is establish a good short list of candidates, interview each one, and make the decision based on the results of the interview process. IMO it's bad to think one candidate is your hire before you've even had a chance to hire from the others. Back when we were hiring the HC in 2008, there was a lot of talk about Jim Zorn and Dan Hawkins as frontrunners for the job, until an unknown named Marc Trestman made an impression during the interview process. The rest is history.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "idealsheldon"

And if Sunderland's being interviewed, Danny Maciocia can't be far behind, I would guess.

As I reported earlier this week, #Als requested permission to interview Brock Sunderland - who wasn't at Redblacks exit meetings today. Hmmm

LOL at Herb. "I would guess." So all that previous talk from him, when he was so certain that Maciocia would be the next GM was ... nothing but speculation, ungrounded in any sourced info, anonymous or not.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Hey Herb! Don't spill your Chivas while backpedaling...    :roll:

HfxTC

The Als should interview candidates from other teams if only to pick their brains, guys like O`Day, McManus, McEvoy, Geroy Simon. But only in a timely manner as the hiring has to be done quickly.

McManus is un-acomplished and refused to move to Hamilton before
McEvoy is waiting for Buono to retire, which will happen in the next year, two max.
Geroy has no experience
O'Day would leave for Saskatchewan the minute Jones leaves.
Tillman pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a minor and refuses to leave Saskatchewan.
Maciocia was a massive failure in Edmonton

It is Sunderland or bust.

Users Online

138 Guests, 7 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Holy Mackinaw, bobo82, Pocho, blackandgld, oskee7777, Mightygoose, Grover, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)