Access_Media

Making the rounds today that the Seahawks will be investigated for cheating. The accused is Jon Ryan punter of seahawks. Who was a punter for the Blue Bombers in Winnipeg.

Evidence is clear he is using a deflated ball. And who do the Seahawks play this Sunday night? The Patriots.

Carroll and Ryan could be suspended for more than 6 games which would be huge for the Seahawks if the NFL comes down middle of the season.

letsgoticats

Can you at least post links to the stuff you're talking about?

This is the image you're referring to I assume, from Monday night.

That's just what a football looks like when kicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fap7cz3dYY&feature=youtu.be&t=107

Also, kicking balls are handled by the NFL, so this is a non-story.

Grover

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Access_Media

Oh NFL looks after footballs. i forgot. I will tell Tom Brady this.

Argonauts est.1873

NFL handles all balls even the players at this point. hahaha.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

letsgoticats

Quote from: "Access_Media"
Oh NFL looks after footballs. i forgot. I will tell Tom Brady this.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

Tom Brady already knows that.  Everyone knows that.  Game balls are supplied by the home team, kicking balls are specially marked and delivered straight from the manufacturer.

This is totally different than the Brady issue.

Access_Media

no its not. the balls are used by the players prior to the game and are picked by the coaches and players. same as game balls for QB's.

The NFL could suspend him. its big talk everywhere.

letsgoticats

no its not. the balls are used by the players prior to the game and are picked by the coaches and players. same as game balls for QB's.

I just showed you the rule.  Kicking balls are not used by the players prior to the game.   They're brand new footballs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2726072

CatsFaninOttawa

So you're saying that the footballs provided to the officials in a sealed box by the manufacturers are then given to the teams prior to the game to practice with, and could be tampered with while in the teams' possession? Interesting. I suppose the kickers have to practice with something in warm-up.

Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

Access_Media

ya exactly. whats so hard to understand? the balls were tampered and is why the seahawks might be fined and suspended.

RedandWhite

its big talk everywhere.

...yet its not on NFL.com, ESPN.com, TSN.ca or the Seahawks own website....you are full of p oop you do know that?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Tridus

He gets his "facts" from random bullshit on Facebook. This has been going around for days amongst people who think there's a vast conspiracy against the Patriots.

We seem to get those every now and then around here. Not sure if it's the same guy, or if we just draw in a lot of dumber than usual trolls.

cflisthebest

Umm, wouldn't you want an over inflated ball for kicking?
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!

dcmoses

Quote from: "RedandWhite"
its big talk everywhere.

...yet its not on NFL.com, ESPN.com, TSN.ca or the Seahawks own website....you are full of p oop you do know that?

Then why isn't he banned? From forum guidelines;

By posting or using the forum threads on this website, you must agree and adhere to the following guidelines:

1) Do not use offensive language in your posts or in the creation of your username.
2) Do not flood the forums with advertisements.
3) Do not flood the forums with postings that, in the forum moderator(s) opinion, intentionally irritate or annoy other users of the forums.
4) Although we support the user's freedom of expression and their viewpoints on subjects related to football, we do not condone statements that are discriminatory based on sexual preferences, religions, races, personal attributes, slander, libel or anything else considered offensive.

Pretty much everything the OP posts qualifies for 3 so why is nothing done? This is a part of the reason I don't come here often anymore.

Access_Media

then it must not be big news if i didn't know about it. i mean it talked about on every single sports show yesterday and today.

even during the patriots press conference today.

then again. it took 3 weeks for the media to pick on tom brady after the colts made it known to the broadcast team during the coaches post game show.

Users Online

101 Guests, 12 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
letsgoticats, Grover, Espo, Iconic SR, alphamale111, VICIOUSCIRCLE, tabbyfan, RichardVeilleux, sully, Corey.the.tiger, Mightygoose, popo, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 149. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)