argofan90

The Argos are getting 15k per game so to speak.  How do they get another 10,000 per game?

sth1988

Larry Smith was interviewed when he was the president of the Montreal Alouettes and explained how they turned that franchise around.  Remember that when they moved to Molson Stadium, they we'rent an immediate hit, and they had a really good team.  He said they went to businesses, one at a time.......one at a time, door to door.  Hit the pavement Michael!

Mightygoose

The Argos sent a survey to the season ticket holders over the weekend about renewals.

It focused on mainly 2 areas. What is important in getting children under 12 to come (pricing, scheduling, pre game event etc...)

The other area was pricing overall. What is more important when deciding to renewal 1) paying the same price but getting upgraded seats 2) paying less for the same seat. I forgot the 3rd option.

Tells me they thought the response would have been greater this year and with everything going wrong from attendance to the Grey Cup blunder to the poor performance on the field and the terrible roster moves, they need to entice the exsisting base just as much as new ones.

Free upgrades/current reductions and having perks comperable to other teams in the league and their own marketplace are a must. The only perk this year was first choice of seats and early access to Grey Cup tickets and events. By looking at attendance and the Grey Cup pricing respectively, those were nullifed quickly.

Off to year Two.

Neely2005

^ They've actually sent out 2 surveys to season ticket holders over the past few weeks. The other one focused on the day of the week and time of day that people prefer to have games at.
"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/

Mightygoose

Yes, there was the first one. A more consistent schedule is a must. There will always be Thursday games in the summer for that time slot with TSN. Friday night too for the same reason.

The rest of the schedule needs to be predictable.

Argonauts est.1873

Well guys like myself, Rocket and a few others got mocked last winter when we stated on argo fans that the new ownership group hadn't started marketing early enough. They also thought that BMO would be the be all and end all. Being the realist that I am that is how I saw it. You'd get the typical response of "Sky Is Falling" etc..etc. Well what can I say now.

We didn't renew our seasons for many reasons. Living almost three hours away from Rogers Centre and moving the team even further away. I didn't enjoy game days with the very long days and basically worrying about pets the previous two seasons. Expense, as it's not cheap when you live further out. Everything becomes more expensive. Still struggling after three years to restart my company here. Not making GTA money that's for sure.
Schedule sucked for those living way out of town. No way we could have made weeknight games. Not sure if we can get seasons next year either. Who'd want to after this debacle. Will be at Grey Cup but unless Calgary makes it we won't go to the game. My wife may if her Stamps are there.

They need to be in the public eye year round. They are a forgotten team. We travel around The Kawartha's and Northhumberland areas and see Jays crap everywhere. People looked at me in Lakefield yesterday like I had horns coming from my head because I was in an Argo tee. Jays hats and tee's everywhere.

They need to market more affectively and at this point fire Barker and Milo and clean house.
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Grover

You can advertise and promote all you want, but if the product you are selling is crap nobody will buy it.
There is nothing wrong with the Stadium or the promotion, It is the product on the field that nobody cares to see.
Barker and Milanovich have royally screwed this whole thing up!
With this product on the field, the only way you could get 10,000 more fans in the seats, is with free beer and naked cheerleaders!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Argonauts est.1873

True enough Grover and that's why I think Barker and Milo have set the team back five years.

I've said it multiple times that Barker let's guys walk way to easily and it's so difficult to build a team with constant turnover year in and year out. You can't have key positions being played by rookies every year. He and Milo are both under .500 with the Argos.Barker seems to full of himself feeling that he so good he can always find replacements. Well he isn't and it hasn't worked.
 How does that save your job? I'm still not sure how guys like Shane Williams-Rhodes from Boise St and Jeremy Gallon were cut in preseason. Both were very successful but smaller receivers and returners in top notch NCAA programs. Barker and Milo knew they had issues with the so called big three last year. I don't even think losing Harris and Collaros is even an issue at this point. Harris is up and down and Collaros is like Buck Pierce always injured. Plenty of other questionable moves like dealing your number one 2017 pick to Winnipeg along with a solid db and a pick in 2018 for Drew 'Never Done Squat' Willy.

I really hope Cody Fajardo is the young qb going forward.

Mr. Pike

Quote from: "Grover"
You can advertise and promote all you want, but if the product you are selling is crap nobody will buy it.
There is nothing wrong with the Stadium or the promotion, It is the product on the field that nobody cares to see.
With this product on the field, the only way you could get 10,000 more fans in the seats, is with free beer and naked cheerleaders!

I hate to say it Grover , but our product on the field is not much better , at least they won a G.C four years ago , us , not so much.

Lennywasout

Quote from: "Mightygoose"

Free upgrades/current reductions and having perks comperable to other teams in the league and their own marketplace are a must. The only perk this year was first choice of seats and early access to Grey Cup tickets and events.
Not sure what the other team perks are but the Ticats don't give you anything worthwhile. Same seats, early chance at (way overpriced) GC tickets, 10% off overpriced merchandise (which anyone can get by signing onto Ticatallaccess.ca) and the ability to buy extra discounted tickets foryour friends (what's in it for me?).  I also got my name on the Legacy wall spelled incorrectly (which they admitted was their mistake. ....too bad so sad. Nice response from them) .  And they have been on a tear with emails to renew before Dec 8, pay in full and get 4% in in-store credits. (About $50 value). This after raising prices again, having the worst concessions in North America and regressing as a football team. After this very disappointing season, I may just not renew after 40 years of supporting this team.  
Never thought I'd think this way. :(

Johnny Ticat slayer

You won't get 10 000 more fans in Toronto. Toronto is a crappy CFL city.

The only way is to move the Argos to Hamilton, and merge them with the Ticats. The new team would be called the Argocats.

They would be the most despised team in human history!   :D  
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

StampsRock!

That was the first actual funny post Johnny has posted.

:thup:
Biggest Stamps fan in Red Deer!

Argofan_1000

I have to say that I went to almost all games at BMO and liked the atmosphere. Fans there seemed to like it also even though the team performance was poor.

They have to promote the "Fresh Start" SSR, Toronto Maple Leafs approach to gain back fans.

Next years schedule needs to be more fan friendly. No more beginning of the week games unless on a holiday. NO more going up against the Jays unless they were mediocre the year before, then it doesn't matter. Thurs and Friday night they need to take their turn and when this happens partner with a few of the local hotels so people could stay over and shop the next day or what ever . I am in Burlington and my wife would go to the game if we did this.

Promotions for tickets to get more into the stands could offer season seat holders of 2 or more -  2 additional seats for 1/2 price. Also offer this to 3 pack holders also. For 3 games they could buy additional 2 seats for 1/2 price. Also a youth pricing structure so we can bring younger family and not pay full price.

Season seat holders are also placed  in a draw for 4 Grey Cup tickets plus flight, hotel etc. Sponsors could cover this if they could get something back. Also give season seat holders 1 free tailgate pass so they could also try this out.

October breast cancer awareness month, pick 1 of the home games and make it a women/girls day with 1/2 price tickets for the ladies only. Also have a half time show that the ladies may enjoy.

Offer group ticket discounts especially for youth groups.

Pick 1 game for high school, college, university students and offer them a promotional ticket price. Somehow more girls = more boys. Give away a certificate for a sponge football at cost such as the "Black Max" sponge. Anyone can throw this ball with a spiral and I am sure they would start to see them in the school yards being tossed around.

Team needs to sign as many as possible, FA younger Canadians regardless of position, then set the team ratio based on this. Sign some of the American FA's based on positions left. Make sure everyone knows as part of the marketing.

Ricky Ray moves to a backup/teaching roll so target a FA QB such as Franklin from the EE. He is young, big, fast with a strong arm out of the NCAA.

The Last Word

Well at least the Argos are looking for feedback on how to get more than 12,000 actual butts in the seat for next season.  The owners showed their arrogance in their nonchalant approach to this season with a very late push for season tickets and Grey Cup tickets and absurdly priced tickets for both.  Just goes to show if someone is rich, you should not always give them the benefit of the doubt in their decision-making.

Tannenbaum and company probably thought the move the BMO would have businesses tripping all over themselves looking to buy suites and blocks of seats to the games - they wouldn't have to put much effort into the process.  Maybe the Larry Smith approach is one they will have to incorporate for next year.  Walk door-to-door enticing one business at a time.

The Last Word

bobo82

Quote from: "Grover"

Yup  :roll: I can just see it now  :lol:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

178 Guests, 14 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Lyle B. Style, BillyDee87, Grover, mr62cats, dcmoses, sth1988, pikk, raymarkca, Hamilton2005, blackandgld, Buck Wild, TheBreeze, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)