Argonauts est.1873

Who do you follow and do you hit games? Since moving to the Kawartha's three years back we've had Petes seasons. Love it and it's great to see such talent this guys have at such a young age. I've always loved Jr hockey and grey up a Toronto Marlboroughs fan. The REAL Marlies!!! I was at there last game ever. While on Vancouver Island we'd hit Royals games. I still follow the Royals and have picked The Charlottetown Islander as our Quebec team as we have friend on PEI right Liquor Kitty?
Rescue the sunken \'Good Ship Argonaut\' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!

Mightygoose

I follow the rival Generals periodically. Haven't made it to a game yet in the early season but planning on hitting a few.

Started during the Tavares years. A good but not great team at the time but watching him play still stirs up dreams when he reaches UFA status...have to be a Leaf for sure..lol

Gens vs. Petes never disappoints. Though miss the rivalry with the Bulls but good to see the B Sens are heading their way and create a new rivalry with the 'New Marlies'

drummer_god

I attend a Knights game or two every year. Was at their season opener in Sarnia a couple weeks back when they got whooped 4-1.

Other than attending a game or two, I don't really follow. It's hard to get Knights tickets and they usually play Fridays, which is horrible for me.

TravelPat1

I live a couple of blocks from the FirstOntario Centre (formerly Copps Coliseum) in downtown Hamilton - so I go to a handful of Bulldogs' games each season. Previous years they were the Habs AHL farm team - but last year was their first season in the OHL. The Habs are moving their farm team to the new arena in Laval - so last year they tentatively moved their AHL team out to St. John's for a couple of years until the Laval arena is ready and Hamilton got the OHL team from Belleville.

Last season - they struggled in the standings and in attendance. We are hoping for better things from them this season.

Argonauts est.1873

Hamilton looks good this year. Petes seem to be same old same old and will struggle to be above .500.

So now the Ottawa Senators are moving their AHL team from Binghampton to Belleville. We're fairly close so I may go see the Marlies when they visit next year.

We have fun at the games with great fans around us. Good night out win or lose. Sarnia this Thursday.

-Hammer-

I'm a Bulldogs season ticket holder myself, and have been since they turned to the OHL. Attendance this season has had it's ups and downs, and as expected, Hamilton's attendance in the first half of the season (while the CFL season is still going on) isn't the greatest, while the second half after Xmas and the CFL season ends is far better.

Heck of a game yesterday vs the Spitfires.

Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton -
Je suppose que vous pouvez battre des couleurs

GernB

I go to about a dozen or so Hurricanes games a year here in Lethbridge; they've been much more entertaining the past couple of years. The atmosphere when Medicine Hat is here is great with 5000+ noisy fans.

deerkeeper

Quote from: "-Hammer-"
I'm a Bulldogs season ticket holder myself, and have been since they turned to the OHL. Attendance this season has had it's ups and downs, and as expected, Hamilton's attendance in the first half of the season (while the CFL season is still going on) isn't the greatest, while the second half after Xmas and the CFL season ends is far better.

Managed to make it to a game in Hamilton last seaon against Kitchener. There were about 7k there. First time in Copps (or what ever its called now) and thought it was a decent place to watch a game. Hope it works out long term and that Belleville gets a team back.8

rcon

Quote from: "deerkeeper"

Managed to make it to a game in Hamilton last seaon against Kitchener. There were about 7k there. First time in Copps (or what ever its called now) and thought it was a decent place to watch a game. Hope it works out long term and that Belleville gets a team back.8

FYI Belleville is getting Ottawa's AHL team and will be playing at a newly renovated Yardman's Arena starting this fall.

-Hammer-

Quote from: "deerkeeper"

That's really the trick deer, the First Ontario Centre is great, when even just the lower bowl is packed. When it's not, it's like watching the Argos at the dome. Right now the Bulldogs are sitting in the middle of the OHL's attendance pack, and usually because of the CFL season, the Bulldogs see their best attendances later in the season.

Anyways, Family Day is coming up and Kitchener will be back in town. I'm hoping for another filled house.

Argonauts est.1873

Thursday has us beating Hamilton in Peterborough. haha. We were all calling for heads to roll just before Christmas and now the Petes are tearing it up. We expect them to win every game instead of folding. We've had seasons for three years since moving to the area. Love being able to watch them in a classic old barn and to see all the great young talent playing in the OHL. Fun times really. Petes are considered small market and generally get 2500 to just over 3000.

drummer_god

Quote from: "drummer_god"
I attend a Knights game or two every year. Was at their season opener in Sarnia a couple weeks back when they got whooped 4-1.

Other than attending a game or two, I don't really follow. It's hard to get Knights tickets and they usually play Fridays, which is horrible for me.

For some reason, I've been following the Knights more than usual this year. Been to more games than usual and have been watching them on RogersTv weekly. The broadcast quality is much better when their game is on one of the national sportsnet channels.

BigJoeM

Go to a few 67 games . Great hockey especially come play offs .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn\'t care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn\'t care about free speech .

RBFan2014

For some reason, I've been following the Knights more than usual this year. Been to more games than usual and have been watching them on RogersTv weekly. The broadcast quality is much better when their game is on one of the national sportsnet channels.

It's too bad that Rogers dropped their sports channel (369). I used to be able to watch most Knights games that were broadcast on the local Rogers channel, now only the Sportsnet games.

drummer_god

Rogers TV London 510 shows all the Knights games unless Sportsnet is airing it nationally instead.

Some of the Knight's road games are in arenas without HD cameras, so the broadcast is grainy. Those games, I cannot sit through.

Users Online

179 Guests, 15 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, bobo82, Farnorthtrader, Lyle B. Style, BillyDee87, Grover, mr62cats, dcmoses, sth1988, pikk, raymarkca, Hamilton2005, blackandgld, Buck Wild, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)