JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "nythril"
I would like to hear what DD wants. This team is a few years at best from being a contender and I think Darian has earned the right to chose to stay for the rebuild or get one last shot at a grey cup with a contender.

So long as it is his choice and not Jones ..... I'd support moving him if it's his request. If Darian wants to stay then he has earned that right and certainly is playing stronger each game. Darian is not the cause of the teams probless or losses.

Umm does this link from above help? https://t.co/QpRA1WQfUz

;)

bowl450

Quote from: "GC Bound"
Well as this dismal season grows old, one can't help but get concerned about the future of DD in Saskatchewan.
I would not have thought about it this way earlier in the season, but now that the season is unsalvageable, I begin to think that Durant's future as a Rider is extremely questionable......not because he's not a Premier QB in this league because in my books he's one of the best, if not at the top!
I just get this feeling now, given Jones commitment to "Building For The Future" that if Jones can get great value for DD (in personal that will strengthen "his team") next season and the future, I'm sad to say I think he gives the big guy up.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong! :cowboy:

who else other than Franklin, whom Jones is high on may become available to contend for the starting QB position if Durant choses to not resign with the Riders ?
with Montreal, Winnipeg and possibly Toronto in need of a bonified starting QB, would it be in Durant's financial interests to resign with the Riders knowing that  there could potentially be a bidding war for his services ?
IMO the Rider's should resign Durant ASAP because he could leave us as a free agent and we get nothing in return ?

nythril

I know Darian is saying he wants to remain a rider for life and I hope that is true. I also know Darian is too classy to say anything different. Once you ask for a trade you kill your trade value.

So yes I saw the news story on his comments , all I'm saying is if he is traded and he reveals afterwards that he supportedid it .... I wouldn't hold it against him. I would like to see him in green and at the end of his career go out with another cup in Regina.

StormRider1

Willy to Toronto, and Glenn to Bombers, just announced on CFL web page. That should rest the DD to Toronto rumors

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "StormRider1"
Willy to Toronto, and Glenn to Bombers, just announced on CFL web page. That should rest the DD to Toronto rumors

Yup Walters hosed Barker. Willy for a 1st and 3rd rounder and a solid db? Ouch.

Linden53

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Quote from: "nythril"
I would like to hear what DD wants. This team is a few years at best from being a contender and I think Darian has earned the right to chose to stay for the rebuild or get one last shot at a grey cup with a contender.

So long as it is his choice and not Jones ..... I'd support moving him if it's his request. If Darian wants to stay then he has earned that right and certainly is playing stronger each game. Darian is not the cause of the teams probless or losses.

Umm does this link from above help? https://t.co/QpRA1WQfUz
;)
Thanks for the link above JimmyG/good post by nythril too.

JimmytheGreek

I think Darian has shown more then enough to say to Jones get this deal done.

Get a deal done during the bye week and  put this issue to bed. If this goes into the off season or worse to FA I don`t see it happening. Montreal, probably Toronto and quite possibly Winnipeg could all be strong contenders for his services. Yes I know Toronto signed Willy but I still don`t think he is the answer and sure Nichols has looked good but again if he goes in the tank and Winnipeg is out quickly in the playoffs then they too could look hard at Darian. Montreal is a mess and yes in cap hell right now which could be a factor but Cato is not the answer there either and Popp needs to make a pop or not only is he turfed as HC he will be gone as GM too.  

Bottom line is lets get this issue behind us and nail down Darian for at least two more years and hopefully 3 and that will probably be his playing career.  No stupid hometown discount or low ball offers either. My understanding he is making 450k this year after taking the cut so give him that again for a base and a signing bonus of 100k. Year two drop the base to 400K and then performance base bonuses to potentially bump him to 475k and the final year 375 k base and again incentive bonuses up to 450k. Realistically by the third year I would really hope he is in more of the backup role and we do have our next starter getting the most reps.

If they went with an offer something like I suggest and pay the signing bonus this year it frees up that 100k on the cap for next year and trying to get Rosie signed.  My reasoning for suggesting they offer the same base as this year is there has been murmurs of an offer with even a lower base. That will probably kill any hope of getting a deal done, as why would he take even less then this year when he took the cut due to the questions about his health. That is not a factor as he has shown so why would he even consider taking less of a base next year. He may want to stay here but he isn````````t going to get hosed to do it. He knows this will probably be his last contract so he won``t be  taking a lot less just to stay here.

ed ohmnes

Sure would like to here some news on durant, whether they're getting close to signing him or not, it's a little unnerving the way it's dragging on..

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
Sure would like to here some news on durant, whether they're getting close to signing him or not, it's a little unnerving the way it's dragging on..

Yeah I agree but perhaps Darian's agent is telling him to not be so hasty. I mean Winnipeg has lost two in a row and if they lose the next one the heat may be back on the staff to make something happen.

Toronto has really crapped the bed it looks on the Willy deal and with the grey cup there and Ray being highly suspect then again they may be wanting that veteran leader.

Hamilton may even be throwing their hat in the ring to garner Darain's services. Zach has   not looked spectacular except against us in that one game but other then that, not so much. Now he is injured again and who knows for how long. Ticats fans are getting more then a bit antsy on their lack of progress this year and still no cup.

Montreal is a long shot because of cap issues but I could see Popp offering perhaps as many as 3 higher priced players in a trade to get a name qb and help with that cap issue at the same time.

The bottom line is the longer this does drag on I would think the odds go down of us getting him back. If it goes to the off season I don't hold on to much hope of it happening at all.  As of now Darain is in the driver seat because of some of the issues other teams are having thus probably driving the demand for his services up, plus I think if Darian goes then there will be no hope of Roosevelt staying either so again even more leverage in Daraian's favor. Jones and Murph must know what the max they can offer and still continue to build the team. Even though it may not be in their nature to make the very best offer early,  it may be the only way this has a chance of getting done. I feel a low ball offer to Darian could be  disastrous. Yeah it's never ideal to start off with a high offer but in this case I think it is necessary to not mess around and at the very least Jone's offer must be enticing or why would Darian even consider  getting a deal done early?  I hope  Jones does do the smart thing and makes Darian an offer that is fair and keeps him in Rider green for the rest of his career.

Abendschan

I hope Durrant signs with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the off season. To guess where he just could want to play is Montreal, but in return to Saskatchewan would be a quarterback as well.? Jonathon Crompton comes to mind, I don't know.
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970  Autographed - Jack Abendschan

Jindred313

Quote from: "Abendschan"
I hope Durrant signs with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the off season. To guess where he just could want to play is Montreal, but in return to Saskatchewan would be a quarterback as well.? Jonathon Crompton comes to mind, I don't know.

Please no.. Jonathan Crompton is awful. I'd rather get an unproven commodity from their Neg list than Crompton, or just no QB from them at all.
Of course I'd rather just see Durant stick around until he retires a Rider. Would love to see him play for us in the new stadium next year.

JimmytheGreek

Hmm this is an interesting tweet https://twitter.com/arielle_zerr/status/789540098228432896

From the sound of that one would have to think either a deal is done or awfully close to being done. I mean this statement it would be hard to read any other way.  If this is  so I`m really stoked about the Riders next season.

nythril

Those are words of a man who has signed a contract or is about to :rockin:

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Hmm this is an interesting tweet https://twitter.com/arielle_zerr/status/789540098228432896

From the sound of that one would have to think either a deal is done or awfully close to being done. I mean this statement it would be hard to read any other way.  If this is  so I`m really stoked about the Riders next season.

http://www.riderville.com/2016/10/21/oc ... ame-media/

bout 5 and a half in

StormRider1

Yah something is up for him to make that statement, the sooner the better!!
 :rockin:

Users Online

125 Guests, 10 Users (17 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
okie, Krisiun, Dr.Whiskey, Hamilton2005, stevehvh, Sidney, bobo82, KevinRiley2, toddstattoo, pikk, Yahoo!, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)