prairiedog72

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Quote from: "prairiedog72"
If I were suddenly plunked into the GM seat tomorrow morning, my first order of business would be to have a sitdown with Durant and ask if he'd like an extension.

He won't do it yet.

You don't know that at all, any more than I do.  Perhaps he wanted only 1 year with Jones but with a different regime with a different mentality that could change.  I would sit down with him and offer to extend him.  he might accept and might not but that is not for you to say.

Anyways the point is moot because chances are Jones deals him at the deadline to an eastern team fighting for the playoffs or has lost its starter.  And if not, then Durant will walk from this gongshow (probably to the Alouettes) at the end of the year, which Jones will see coming which will make him even more likely to trade.

James Franklin is the QB Week 1 in the new stadium, and likely jones' plan since December.
[size=100]Jones\' head on a platter, with a side order of Reynolds.  Nothing less.[/size]

depopulationINC

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
If I were suddenly plunked into the GM seat tomorrow morning, my first order of business would be to have a sitdown with Durant and ask if he'd like an extension.

He won't do it yet.  They wanted to put him at 2 years before the season and he wouldn't bite. I do agree though in general....my first move would be seeing how many hogs I had to buy from the Heenan farm to get him to deliver them on gameday and stick around for a few hours though lol

You don't know that at all, any more than I do.  Perhaps he wanted only 1 year with Jones but with a different regime with a different mentality that could change.  I would sit down with him and offer to extend him.  he might accept and might not but that is not for you to say.

Anyways the point is moot because chances are Jones deals him at the deadline to an eastern team fighting for the playoffs or has lost its starter.  And if not, then Durant will walk from this gongshow (probably to the Alouettes) at the end of the year, which Jones will see coming which will make him even more likely to trade.

James Franklin is the QB Week 1 in the new stadium, and likely jones' plan since December.

I'll throw the rest of my statement back in there so as it is not selective....so sorry for not saying "I don't think he will" instead of saying "he won't" in a forum where people are posting opinions and banter.  I can not see that he will though...he made a statement by rejecting an extension.  Right now he is playing solid...but they have 1 win and he is coming off of missing a couple of games...the 1 win they had he did not play...not exactly great timing for a starting QB to be in contract talks...logic says to ride it out and see if things improve...if they don't then he likely gets a lower offer and he sees what is out there for offers on an open market

PrideLivesHere

"So to move him this season would be the biggest and probably final mistake Jones could ever make as a Rider. It just makes no sense for the team to even consider it."

Agreed. Just need our O-Line to get healthy and back to give DD the protection.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

ed ohmnes

Totally agree

ed ohmnes

Yes I think the riders need to sign durant now, I see no point in waiting any longer,  he is the only stable veteran on this team, and to lose him would be to lose the confidence of the fans.

GC Bound

DD has said plain and simple......HE WANTS TO STAY!
I for one will be very surprise if he's not the Riders QB next season and the season after. :cowboy:

ed ohmnes

he better be, or that could spell huge trouble for jones,  heck he could even get dressler back, then we could have dressler chips again on game day.

StormRider1

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
he better be, or that could spell huge trouble for jones,  heck he could even get dressler back, then we could have dressler chips again on game day.

I wish, but that will never happen!! :(

JimmytheGreek

Never going to happen. We have some good receivers in Holley, Rosie, and Collins just need to keep them and Durant to keep building on. They could be something special I feel.

GC Bound

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "

Never going to happen. We have some good receivers in Holley, Rosie, and Collins just need to keep them and Durant to keep building on. They could be something special I feel.

Absolutely agree! :thup:

ed ohmnes

Yes the team is showing much improvement, but no need to give up so easily, dressler could easily end up back in green.

StormRider1

Yes the team is showing much improvement, but no need to give up so easily, dressler could easily end up back in green.
not as long as Jones is here

JimmytheGreek

I like Dressler obviously and have posted my displeasure of him being gone many time as everyone here is well aware of. That said I have to say that Roise and Holley and to a lesser degree, Collins have been very good for us this year.

Yes Rosie was here  last year but he didn't play with Durant, the two did work out a lot though and it shows with the chemistry they are building. Holley I think also has that same potential. Yes his first game was not the greatest but he really stepped up his game against Winnipeg and if that can continue he looks to a very good find. Yes there was a few  communication breakdowns ie on the two picks it was pretty obvious Durant and the receivers were not on the same page and yes it was very costly but still that can be worked out with time and more playing time together.

Now am I saying I wouldn't want  Dress back? No of course I'm not but not at the expense of especially either Rosie or possibly Holley. These two are much younger and bigger and give the team more weapons then just Dressler. I don't see a scenario where we could keep all 3 so my reason for saying it is very unlikely to happen.

My biggest concern is keeping both Roise and Holley and having Durant back next year. If they don't resign Durant and go with either Franklin or Gale or Bridge I just don't see either Rosie or Holley being as effective. Durant is starting to trust these two more each game and by the end of the season they could be a deadly trio. Take Durant away and then we are starting at square one once again.

I would go as far to say that watching these three starting to click is probably the most promising and best part of the team this year. Other then perhaps Cox the rest of the team has been very inconsistent and frustrating to watch.

Like I said I love Dress and wish him the best but i just can't see him being in green and white again.

prairiedog72

Quote from: "GC Bound"
DD has said plain and simple......HE WANTS TO STAY!

It's not up to him.

JimmytheGreek

By the sounds of it Ray could be done for the season with a broken rib. If that is the case then what does Barker do? Speculation of Willy to the Argos from lawless but also a possibility of Glenn.What about Durant now or even in the off season.?  Would Jones jump off that ledge in thinking not being able to sign Darian so just pull the trigger now?

Having said that Jones did say that he wanted to start talks with Darian well before the season ended.

The reality is though with Jones you never know, but man I would not want to be in his shoes if he did it. This could get interesting to say the least.

Users Online

112 Guests, 3 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, ed ohmnes, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)