TravelPat1

OK - Had anybody ever heard of Jared du Toit before the last couple of days?

Who would have ever imagined that some 21 year old Canadian playing in his first ever PGA Tour event (playing as an amateur) would be in the final pairing in the final round tomorrow at the Canadian Open. No Canadian has won it since 1954 - can a 21 year old amateur do it up against some of the top players in the world who surround him on the leaderboard.

Brent Snedeker leads him by a shot, one of the hottest golfers in the world US Open Champion Dustin Johnson is tied with him. It will be a miracle if the kid even stays close having never played in anything like the wild environment he will be playing in tomorrow..

Here's hoping he does well tomorrow. It should be fun to watch and quite the scene at Glen Abbey tomorrow.

A Whole New Bungle

Why is this tournment always at Glen Abby? Why is this tournment so irrelevant that the only big name to show up( Johnson) did it out of in law national pride.
Why doesnt the PGA switch it to a better date?
The fact an Amature almost won, shows how pathetic the tournment is.
My hate for Rogers will never die My hate for all things Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors and TFC will never die.. Come on Argos.. SHRED THAT TURF!!!!!  I mean pitch... lol .. SCREW ROGERS!!!!!

TravelPat1

Quote from: "A Whole New Bungle"
Why is this tournment always at Glen Abby? Why is this tournment so irrelevant that the only big name to show up( Johnson) did it out of in law national pride.
Why doesnt the PGA switch it to a better date?
The fact an Amature almost won, shows how pathetic the tournment is.

It does have a lousy slot - one week after the British Open and this year because of the revised golf calendar because of the Olympics it also came the week before The PGA Championships - so smack dab in the middle between two majors. But it still did manage to draw a few big names. Jason Day - # 1 golfer in the world. Dustin Johnson - probably # 2 right now. Brent Snedeker is currently # 5 in the Fed Ex Cup standings and Kisner who is 10th. Three other Top 20 golfers this season like Kuchar and McGirt were there as well.

So not a 'great field' but not all a terrible one for a non major and non World Golf Championship series tournament.

As for why Glen Abbey so often - it is liked by the players, near Toronto and it is also designed to an extent with spectators in mind. With hills/mounds surrounding numerous greens - especially the 18th so thousands of fans have a view.

AllenimIptWP

We still never filmed for this. I still think you should film in front of the Jared jewerly place near your place. It can work

Users Online

154 Guests, 4 Users (6 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Blackrussian63, drummer_god, Argofan_1000, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 169. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)