mick87

Was re-watching the Montreal game today, and it seems to me Ottawa's pass rush is looking pretty suspect. Whiteside had the lone sack. Evans and Gascon-Nadon looked pretty good, but it still seemed like Glenn had lots of time to throw. What did you all see?
Any word on how long Hopkins will be out for?

Hank01

Quote from: "mick87"
Was re-watching the Montreal game today, and it seems to me Ottawa's pass rush is looking pretty suspect. Whiteside had the lone sack. Evans and Gascon-Nadon looked pretty good, but it still seemed like Glenn had lots of time to throw. What did you all see?
Any word on how long Hopkins will be out for?

Wasn't Mike Moore the DL that put that hit on Glenn that received the roughing the passer .  I was surprised Whiteside got called out on his poor tackling by the broadcaster . They didn't look as fierce as last year but the D looked better and more prepared than game 1 against Edmonton .

mick87

Wasn't Mike Moore the DL that put that hit on Glenn that received the roughing the passer . I was surprised Whiteside got called out on his poor tackling by the broadcaster . They didn't look as fierce as last year but the D looked better and more prepared than game 1 against Edmonton .

Yes, it was Moore who got the roughing the passer call, hit Glenn down low. That was one of the few times he broke through all night. I recall Gascon-Nadon got one too.
I liked the play of the secondary. Robinson was flying around, making some big hits. He'll make receivers think before catching the ball. Boyett came in for Gavins and looked good also.
When Evans got some pressure on Glenn in the 4th, it helped lead to the Kanneh pick. Need more pressure like that through the first 3 quarters.

QQ One-Nine

I'm actually a little concerned about it too, although I wondered where Edmonton and Montreal ranked in terms of OLine quality.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

mick87

Looks like Moore is out and replaced by Acree for tomorrow's game. Interesting. Performance related?

QQ One-Nine

Looks like Moore is out and replaced by Acree for tomorrow's game. Interesting. Performance related?

Because that Cohen guy was added to the active roster right away, I believed he would start alongside Evans to clog up the middle against Messam.  I'm a little disappointed that he's not going in.

Maybe they're doing something similar with Acree instead? He checks it at a healthy 295, like Evans, to Moore's 269.  Honestly, the only thing I remember Moore doing is getting flagged for a late hit, IIRC.

slimjim2

Quote from: "QQ One-Nine"

Because that Cohen guy was added to the active roster right away, I believed he would start alongside Evans to clog up the middle against Messam.  I'm a little disappointed that he's not going in.

Maybe they're doing something similar with Acree instead? He checks it at a healthy 295, like Evans, to Moore's 269.  Honestly, the only thing I remember Moore doing is getting flagged for a late hit, IIRC.

I didn't think Cohen would start straight away, he  hasn't played in a year he's wouldn't be in game shape and doesnt' know the CFL.     Seems logical that they would want him on the sidelines for the next couple of games to watch a CFL game.
Acree isn't starting either he's penciled in as the backup to Williams on the depth chart.

mick87

Honestly, the only thing I remember Moore doing is getting flagged for a late hit, IIRC.

Same here. Looked ineffective for most of the game.
Acree is definitely a bigger body, so maybe you're right.

The d-line sees some rotation as the game progresses. Definitely not always the same 4 up front. I would expect to see Acree come in for some plays, Lattanzio too. I don't believe Moore was listed as a starter last week in Montreal and he saw a fair amount of time on the field.

Users Online

114 Guests, 5 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, Chestmaster, Blue_Dragoon, FormerlyTurkish, Yahoo!, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)