slimjim2

Quote from: "vampiresquid"
Quote from: "Mightygoose"

BTW, looking at Saturdays numbers...the Jays did not get a million viewers but still good overall. MLS is not even on the radar.

No MLS matches were on last weekend due to Copa America. Euros not really an issue since only 3 MLS players are in it.

2 of the Euros were on at 9am eastern, so if any program can get 200k+ at that hour, those are very good ratings.

You are right about the ratings,  it's amazing that ratings in Canada can be that high when games are payed at 9 AM on a weekday.     England is playing right now at 9 AM est   which is 3PM in France.    Then they have games at noon and 3PM our time.
 Makes you wonder how all them fans can take time off to attend games on a weekday in the afternoon.

Paolo X

Quote from: "slimjim2"

BTW, looking at Saturdays numbers...the Jays did not get a million viewers but still good overall. MLS is not even on the radar.

No MLS matches were on last weekend due to Copa America. Euros not really an issue since only 3 MLS players are in it.

2 of the Euros were on at 9am eastern, so if any program can get 200k+ at that hour, those are very good ratings.

You are right about the ratings,  it's amazing that ratings in Canada can be that high when games are payed at 9 AM on a weekday.     England is playing right now at 9 AM est   which is 3PM in France.    Then they have games at noon and 3PM our time.
 Makes you wonder how all them fans can take time off to attend games on a weekday in the afternoon.

Well as an Italian, though I am hardly into Euro as much as the World Cup, I can tell you that not just we amongst Europeans have been known to call in sick or find some excuse (car care, dentist, client appointment on site, et cetera) to be out of the office on game days.  :)
Best Regards, Paolo

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Paolo X"
First Travel Pat thanks again for this excellent work and a second year at it.  :thup:
Yes.   :thup:
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Chewbaccamonkeylunch

Quote from: "TravelPatB"
ESPN's CFL schedule featured in a story on the American Sports Media Blog - Awful Announcing

This is great news. I hadn't seen it updated anywhere until now.  :thup:

Vanhalendlrband2

Still gotta say a preseason cfl game, a meaningless game scoring that high is amazing.

The ratings would be no different for primetime id say

depopulationINC

Quote from: "slimjim2"

No different that World Hockey and such having mid day games in Canada and arenas being full, on a lesser scale, but the principle is the same multiplied by massively more populous

KevinRiley2

Sounds like there's no joy in Mudville...

Rogers planning to replace Stroumboulopoulos with MacLean on Hockey Night in Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e30519154/

Poor NHL ratings = Screw Rogers and Gary Bettman (who had MacLean fired)!!!

TravelPatB

Bell's press release promoting their CFL coverage.
http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/cfl-on ... g-june-23/

One thing I noticed is that RDS is showing all 18 Als games and 32 other games according to this. Does that mean the other 31 games are only on TSN? Is that the usual number of games for RDS?

RDS delivers French-language coverage of 50 regular season CFL games, including all 18 Montreal Alouettes games, plus the complete CFL playoffs including the 104th GREY CUP presented by Shaw.

Tridus

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"
Sounds like there's no joy in Mudville...

Rogers planning to replace Stroumboulopoulos with MacLean on Hockey Night in Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e30519154/

Poor NHL ratings = Screw Rogers and Gary Bettman (who had MacLean fired)!!!

If by "fired" you mean "moved to the Sunday game", then probably.  Seems to have worked out okay, though. Maclean likes the Hometown Hockey show and apparently wants to keep doing it even if he gets HNIC back.

I hope Bettman gets me fired like that, too. ;)

TravelPatB

Clearly the interest the Raptors long playoff run generated carried over to the NBA Finals. When you consider last night's Game 7 was also on ABC last night it makes these numbers on TSN even more impressive considering those ABC channels were not simsubbed for most cable systems.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/last-n ... nals-ever/

Overnight data from Numeris confirms an average audience of 1.2 million viewers watched last night’s thrilling Game 7 on TSN, which capped off the most-watched NBA FINALS ever.

This year’s NBA FINALS marks a 35% increase in average audience compared to the second most-watched NBA FINALS between the Lakers-Celtics in 2010.

In total, 4.3 million unique Canadian viewers tuned in to watch some part of Game 7 on TSN. Audience levels peaked at 1.73 million viewers late in the dramatic fourth quarter, as Kyrie Irving helped seal the Cavs’ 93-89 victory with a clutch three-pointer in the final minute.

Overall, an average of 870,000 viewers watched the four NBA FINALS games broadcast on TSN:

Game 1 – 844,000
Game 2 – 582,000
Game 5 – 803,000
Game 7 – 1.2 million

FYI - Huge ratings on ABC south of the border with an average of over 30.5 million viewers watching the game with viewership peaking late in the game at 44.5 million - making it the most watched basketball game since 1998.

PTBO Dave

Quote from: "TravelPatB"
Bell's press release promoting their CFL coverage.
http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/cfl-on ... g-june-23/

One thing I noticed is that RDS is showing all 18 Als games and 32 other games according to this. Does that mean the other 31 games are only on TSN? Is that the usual number of games for RDS?

RDS delivers French-language coverage of 50 regular season CFL games, including all 18 Montreal Alouettes games, plus the complete CFL playoffs including the 104th GREY CUP presented by Shaw.

I think they just started showing non-Als games on RDS last summer, but I think it was fewer than 10 or so, and RDS ratings, somewhat surprisingly, were up last year over the previous year. If they really are showing 32 non-Als games this year, it will be interesting to see what kind of ratngs they do.

Grover

Not sure if this should go in here , but, it is TiCats TV

Hamilton Tiger-CatsVerified account ?@Ticats  4m4 minutes ago
Live stream of #Ticats preseason game sets records for viewership & engagement. #CFL

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Charukfan

That's higher than a TFC game on TSN :)  Just kidding, sorta

Dust

Quote from: "Grover"
Not sure if this should go in here , but, it is TiCats TV

Hamilton Tiger-CatsVerified account ?@Ticats  4m4 minutes ago
Live stream of #Ticats preseason game sets records for viewership & engagement. #CFL

That's awesome.

KevinRiley2

Waiting for Pat to post the numbers. :) It feels like Pat has made cookies, hot from the oven, and I can't wait!!!

Users Online

133 Guests, 19 Users (11 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
catsteelers2002, Lyle B. Style, ExPat, DavidThompson, Mightygoose, tabbiefanmcb, tcmike, Taleback, Oskie18, raymarkca, cheater, jim43bob, rcon, Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 213. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)