International linebacker Jarell Boyd-Ross
International wide receiver Christion Jones
International defensive back Mark Roberts

RELEASED:

International defensive lineman Darius Allen

https://www.riderville.com/2017/07/17/r ... july-17th/

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Nice to see Roberts get a look.  He looked fairly good in camp...I thought he looked good enough to get a longer look at least until he was banged up.  I am still a lil pissed that they passed on bringing Bingham back though....that may have been a mistake and he is now getting nfl looks again.

Not shocked on Jefferson...insurance I think.  Guy who knows the game....hoping that is ll it is though because I think they can do better....but it does allow someone to rotate in when the young guys struggle...something they lack right now and it is hurting them.  I was a surprised by his release as he seems like a respectable DB.

Roberts likely rotates corner behind Johnson (who has exceeded expectations) and Johnson will be the rotational backup on the other side at corner...Roberts coming in in Johnson's spot if he rotates or is banged up.  IIRC Roberts was a guy who started camp not well but earned heavy rotations one the 1s as time went on.  He and Butler seemed to be the plan on one side until both got banged up...both are back now so we will see if Lyles hangs on, because he has been getting more comfortable every game.  I supposed Jefferson is likely competition with Butler and Lyles.

depopulationINC

Devon Bailey sounds to be signing with the Riders per Dunk

Gotta wonder if this pushes some more potential to the trade I mentioned a couple times that I could see going down.

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Riders release Gaydosh, sign Bailey and DL Antonio Longino
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/02/riders-release-former-first-overall-pick-gaydosh-sign-bailey/

Gaydosh just has tonnes of potential but can't get their....I am assuming this comes down to contract vs results.  I believe he was being paid well and they just couldn't keep paying that if he wasn't winning out.  Shame...because he is a very good player.

Lerminx

So the Riders pick up Adams in trade with Als. Hmmm, personally not a big fan of Adams from the bit I saw of him last year. I'm really hoping this is a lead-in to another move (Franklin looked much better IMHO). Otherwise, I really hope Adams proves me wrong.

nowhereman

So the Riders pick up Adams in trade with Als. Hmmm, personally not a big fan of Adams from the bit I saw of him last year. I'm really hoping this is a lead-in to another move (Franklin looked much better IMHO). Otherwise, I really hope Adams proves me wrong.
https://www.riderville.com/2017/08/15/riders-acquire-quarterback-vernon-adams/
Doesn't look like it cost us the Farm though

Lerminx

Agreed, I'm fine with what they gave up for him, just don't think he's our future, but again I'd enjoy being proven wrong.

depopulationINC

yeah...interesting.  I know I mentioned this in the DD thread...Jones tried picking Adams up in that trade but he was adamantly not on the table for the Als.

Murphy says this changes nothing for Bridge and Williams.  That means IRL for him, Glenn is done (not bloody likely) or they cary 4 on the 46 but 3 on the 44.  Of course I think this is either Williams on the 6 or a move towards another trade.  

That said...IMO Bridge is gone if he doesnt do a few things better.  IMO they don't see Bridge as a future starter...I know I have been somewhat against the grain in saying the same thing.  He has had some struggles in practice retaining a few things and while he has done fairly well coming in against backup and IMO deserves a crack at this point but he has shown some confusion on plays...you could see some of the coaches laying into him on the sideline at the last game...not sure if you could see it on TV.  I know a little more about that but I don't want to air it here (nothing really bad or anything, I just don't want to air it publicly...just some concerns on the table)

Was pretty interesting is when Adams EW coach chimed in on him.  I haven't thought the world of Adams (I think there is a pile of potential but I am not a massive fan of his mechanics...I mean whatever mechanics work for you go nuts...but his seem awkward to me) but his college coach says he is the best pedigree for the CFL he has coached in his opinion.

One might shrug that off...but they should look at who else has been on that list first.  The place is a CFL hotbed, but the number of QBs from there is impressive.  Washington in general produces quality players...but Eastern...pretty solid track record.

....but again...still not sold on Adams...time will tell I guess.  I don't see it, but when his coach that has produced the CFL QBs he has says that...hey....lets see what happens.

PS...Murphy gave some brief but good insight on the OL and the CanCon in his radio spot as well

Taleback

I'm thinking this may be a move for Dec.1/17, assuming Franklin doesn't extend with Edmonton.  Hello Eskimos, I'll take Franklin for Adams, plus, plus.......... or maybe not even plus, in order to get first rights to Franklin. Eskimos will at least replace what they are going to lose, A possible good CFL Q.B.
Jury still out on both of them IMO.

depopulationINC

I'm thinking this may be a move for Dec.1/17, assuming Franklin doesn't extend with Edmonton.  Hello Eskimos, I'll take Franklin for Adams, plus, plus.......... or maybe not even plus, in order to get first rights to Franklin. Eskimos will at least replace what they are going to lose, A possible good CFL Q.B.
Jury still out on both of them IMO.

yeah...I feel the same....possible move to sweeten the pot on a trade and if that doesn't pan out Adams is a solid prospect if nothing else (still not sold on him).  Even if this is not part of the plan I would suspect they are still in on Franklin sweepstakes.  They have made multiple plays on Adams going back to about 2/3 through last season...so it is not like they do not have legit interest there either way.  Reed was caught in a very hard position so finally made a move.

depopulationINC

Collins traded to Cats for a big arse DE...seems the exact player Jones would want.
I hate to see Collins go...but he was behind some big depth.  I am a fan.

Speaking of DEs...I know I mentioned that Davis Tull left by request...signed with the Rams.  Really wish he had stayed...he is a gooder.

nowhereman

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announce the following:

ADDED TO PR:
•Int'l DL, Royce LaFrance

RELEASED:
•Int'l DB, Mark Roberts

https://mobile.twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/899681226969161728

ROSTER  21-Aug-17

SSK ADD FROM INJURED INT Chad OWENS (WR) Hawaii – Removed from 6-game Injured List

SSK TRF TO INJURED NAT Dillon GRONDIN (LB) Windsor Jrs. – to Oct 6^^ (Sep 25)

nowhereman

Users Online

94 Guests, 10 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
brianjoxx, 97valkyrie, Hamilton2005, mycko75, Mightygoose, VICIOUSCIRCLE, DisplacedCatsFan, sully, RM14, Yahoo!, Google (15), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)