nowhereman

JimmytheGreek

Well not a shock that he is calling it quits  but it is good to have it official and we can now move on to find a replacement.

I wish him the best in the future. Too bad to end a career on this note.

nowhereman

Riders acquire OL Bruce Campbell in trade with Argos

http://ow.ly/YaVHR

nowhereman

nowhereman

depopulationINC

They also signed DE Jamil Cooks and a couple more on the OL (one was something Mathews...dont recall the other).  I don't think there has been an official announcement on any of those.  I did notice them on a couple unofficial Rider Rosters (non-riderville) that I have been looking at while they slowly fix the "upgraded" site.  Jamil stood out to me as soon as I heard the name...respectable player, though Harold (signed in previous post's link) is IMO better and I am kinda excited to see how he shows in camp,,,but Jamil stood out to me because...I knew the name right away...just google it.

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Someone mentioned to me that Labatte renegotiated.  Anyone hear anything on that...I have been OOT so...

If true it is good to see he is buying into the big picture...from what I have heard he was probably 10-15% over where he should have been.  Solid leader, hoping he has a stellar year.

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
WR Jeremy Kelley retires

http://www.riderville.com/2016/05/10/st ... my-kelley/

Yeah...i thought he was promising, but at minis he was really moved around a lot....potential indication that they couldn't find a fit they liked for him.  Hope his personal health matters work out for him.

nowhereman

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
Riders sign DL Jonathan Williams

http://www.riderville.com/2016/06/15/ri ... -williams/

Yeah....a solid pickup to look at as potential depth on what should be the strength of this team...the front 7.  Hodge was released to make room....his twitter seems to indicate he got knicked up in the game...makes sense because he had a respectable game and there should have been WRs let go ahead of him otherwise.

The Riders also signed Michael Dyer (RB) and Korey Jones (LB) today.  

Jones was a rotational guy for the Esks last year, so no doubt Coach Jones looked to bring in a familiar face to give a shot.  I think he is a long shot...especially if Knox is good to go, which who knows.  Not sure if they will look at Sears as a LB or DB...but he is a starter caliber at either and Eguavoen has been having a solid camp and played very well in the PS1 game.  National rookie LB Grondin looks to be legit and could take reps as the season moves along....still one of my favorite surprises of camp as to how well he has been showing.

Dyer has some history with trouble....we will see if he cleaned up.  He was booted from one NCAA team for breaking conduct rules, and booted / left from another for trouble with the police.  Now...in fairness he did take time away from the game to sort stuff out...so I respect that he saw what he was doing and aimed to better himself and amend his ways....I hope for his sake he did.  When he finally started playing again he ended up missing part of his final season essentially for academic suspension...that sucks, but you can't say he was trouble from that, only that he struggled in school at that point.  He is a hell of a back though...no idea if he can block or catch, but running skills...he has those, so I hope he has his head on right....he is an interesting prospect.

To put Dyer in perspective...he was an All SEC RB and was projected to become a 2nd round pick...possibly a 1st round pick depending on how he developed over a couple of years....some even thought he might progress into a Heisman candidate...but his troubles caught up to him as so many of these kids do...hard to escape the environment you grew up in...we see this time and time again.  He switched schools and fell off the board.  He was pretty highly touted when the Raiders inked him and they liked him a lot...but the one thing the Raiders actually have had is  a deep backfield....not much else, but they have had that.  I am kinda stoked about this pickup's potential.  What is somewhat reassuring is that the Riders have a coach on staff who was a coach at Auburn...the team Dyer was released from for team misconduct...so he was likely the guy who recommended him or at least weighed in on signing him.

On a side note, Buddy Jackson has been around camp but he has not been announced as being signed nor been practicing.  I believe I also saw him at the game in the stands.  Perhaps he is nicked up and a potential signing into the season.  Pretty solid CB.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
On a side note, Buddy Jackson has been around camp but he has not been announced as being signed nor been practicing.  I believe I also saw him at the game in the stands.  Perhaps he is nicked up and a potential signing into the season.  Pretty solid CB.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.3646446

Officially a Rider.  Jackson was with the Stamps and ended up asking for an early release to get a workout in the NFL.  The Stamps tried upping his contract and extending to convince him to stay.  He apparently ended up with an injury just prior to a workout with the Cowboys so they released him.  IIRC he lost his starting job at one point, but has been pretty solid....I mean enough that they tried to keep him around so...

Nice addition to the secondary for sure.

nowhereman

nowhereman

July 19

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced the following roster moves:

SIGNED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:

International quarterback Vad Lee
    National offensive lineman Aaron Picton
    National offensive lineman T-Dre Player

RELEASED:

National offensive lineman Hasan Hazime

Users Online

104 Guests, 14 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Oskie18, Grover, schmenger, Rider_6, blackandgld, cahoonrules86, ExPat, bobo82, mycko75, prairiewolf77, LeBird, RM14, cheater, MrLucky, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 216. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)