QQ One-Nine

It's being overlooked a bit too, but they started nine Canadians on Saturday night instead of seven. Not sure how many teams could afford to do that.   :thup:

Also, nine different guys catching passes.  :thup:
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

TRUMP

Quote from: "CRFadmin"
It's being overlooked a bit too, but they started nine Canadians on Saturday night instead of seven. Not sure how many teams could afford to do that.   :thup:

montreal?

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "TRUMP"
Quote from: "CRFadmin"

montreal?

Did they? Or is it your opinion that they could? And if they could, why don't they?
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

disciplineandpunish

We don't start nine Canadians in Montreal, but we do start eight (5 OL, 1 WR/FB, 1 FS, 1 DT).

Also, please ignore Trump and do not take him as a representative of Alouettes fans. By and large, we are interested in having civil conversations with fans of other teams here. :)

On the subject of Ottawa's D, I wonder if Montreal will try to put together more run-oriented packages to have success on the ground. Your front seven is a bit on the light side, it seems to me. Either way, should be a good game!
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

slimjim2

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
We don't start nine Canadians in Montreal, but we do start eight (5 OL, 1 WR/FB, 1 FS, 1 DT).

Also, please ignore Trump and do not take him as a representative of Alouettes fans. By and large, we are interested in having civil conversations with fans of other teams here. :)

On the subject of Ottawa's D, I wonder if Montreal will try to put together more run-oriented packages to have success on the ground. Your front seven is a bit on the light side, it seems to me. Either way, should be a good game!

I'm sure the Als will test the three Canadians starting on the "D" line.   But the Esks tested them too,  John White was held to 43 yards rushing and total rushing was 57 yards for the Esks.

QQ One-Nine

No problem.  I don't follow other teams closely so I thought Trump was trying to draw my attention to the fact that what I thought was outstanding was actually quite common place.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "slimjim2"
But the Esks tested them too,  John White was held to 43 yards rushing and total rushing was 57 yards for the Esks.

Good point. I'd venture to say, though, that we have a better rushing game than Edmonton. We have the league's leading rusher from last year in Tyrell Sutton, a very capable backup in Rutley, and Duron Carter as a threat on the end-arounds. In any case, we don't have a choice -- we have to establish the ground game or else Mark Nelson and his D will just tee off on the pass rush.

slimjim2

Chris Williams 363 yards receiving in 2 games, he's on pace for a 3,366 yard receiving season. :thup:

Hank01

What a great night for Ottawa ; the Harris to Williams combo was brilliant use of his speed . Then when he wasn't getting the call the other receivers were open .

Lafrance did a good job filling in for Van who was on a roll before getting injured .

Horrible injury to Oliver Goullet-Veillieux .  Jamil Smith was also injured who was steady in punt returning before that and had a great energy about him when on the field .  

Defence looked solid last night .

Good call by Campbell on Offensive pass interference however I would like to see the challenges removed it slows the game down way too much .

Maybe I am just a Homer but to me it looked like Carter knocked Campbell down with his hit and Campbell wasn't acting .

slimjim2

But the Esks tested them too,  John White was held to 43 yards rushing and total rushing was 57 yards for the Esks.

Good point. I'd venture to say, though, that we have a better rushing game than Edmonton. We have the league's leading rusher from last year in Tyrell Sutton, a very capable backup in Rutley, and Duron Carter as a threat on the end-arounds. In any case, we don't have a choice -- we have to establish the ground game or else Mark Nelson and his D will just tee off on the pass rush.

Yet it was Ottawa that had the better rushing game and it was a huge surprise that it was Van racking up over 100 yards before he got injured at half time.   The Als never established a running game,  the 3 Canadians up front did a fantastic job of shutting them down.

Hank01

Yet it was Ottawa that had the better rushing game and it was a huge surprise that it was Van racking up over 100 yards before he got injured at half time.   The Als never established a running game,  the 3 Canadians up front did a fantastic job of shutting them down.

Van was impressive before his injury and was going more north/ south . He was also getting those dump passes and gaining yards as well. Looks like the RB's need to be stocked at running back as injuries persist at that position .
I liked Lafrance's fill in role he really dug in and did not look out of place .

disciplineandpunish

Just wanted to come in here and congratulate Ottawa for a decisive and impressive win against my Als. Also to tip my hat to Harris and Elizondo for dissecting our defense.  :thup:

noback

Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!

slimjim2

Looks like Keenan LaFrance steps up to be the running back with the loss of Van for 6 games.
He didn't do a bad job last game but he's no Powell or Van.

QQ One-Nine

Just wanted to come in here and congratulate Ottawa for a decisive and impressive win against my Als. Also to tip my hat to Harris and Elizondo for dissecting our defense.  :thup:

Thanks for that.  :thup:  I didn't see the game until a few days later but the Als hung in there longer than the final score might suggest. They scared me a bit; while a lot of people are ruling them out, they DO have a lot of proud veterans.

Users Online

105 Guests, 10 Users (6 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
15_championships, mycko75, Mightygoose, Eagle, RichardVeilleux, ExPat, ticats28, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)