Hank01

I think for atmosphere and good optics Redblacks OSEG should put in end zone seats with Grey Cup bid . It would give the stadium the nice enclosed feeling . After seeing people sitting on the hill maybe it's time to go ahead with it .

mick87

Would be nice, but likely just more empty seats.

rcon

Quote from: "mick87"
Would be nice, but likely just more empty seats.

What empty seats???? The REDBLACKS were near capacity and sometimes over capacity for all their games!!! First post and it's a negative one. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

mick87

Agreed, attendance was great this year, but we still had several games with 2-3,000 tickets unsold. (Not counting the 9,000 empty seats for the Toronto "home" game)
Let's consistently fill the stadium before adding more seating in the endzones.  :D

I'd love a roof over the south stands. Keeps fans in their seats when it rains, but more importantly, helps to amp up the crowd noise when the D is on the field!  :rockin:  :rockin:

Hank01

Definitely the reason they had the low crowd for the Edmonton game as it was pouring . Surprised that MLSE gets it and puts a roof over BMO for all seating . There is no walk ups for rain days .  The south side needs a roof someday I just believe you have to tie big expenditures with public will and that happens with big events like Fifa or grey cups or big stadium shows .  That's why you tie at least one end zone with grey cup to justify cost plus people buy these tickets with the knowledge they get first crack at tickets with their season tickets . So you sell the end zones and get regulars who stay in end zones like the dawg pound in poor Cleveland and never leave . :lol:

noback

No roof on the Southside thank you. 8)

It's tradition here in Ottawa and should stay that way, besides, we like it just the way it is ...... in the open air.
IMO we don't need end zone seats either. I like the way Ottawa has designed their stadium.

Now if they would only tear up the NORTHSIDE so we get something NICE to look at as well :) :cowboy:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!

mick87

Now if they would only tear up the NORTHSIDE so we get something NICE to look at as well :) :cowboy:

Haha! Amen.

All I want is for Redblacks fans to continue to pack the place. The atmosphere with a full and engaged crowd is incredible.

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "noback"
IMO we don't need end zone seats either. I like the way Ottawa has designed their stadium.

I like seeing the people leaning against the fence along the back of the East endzone and watching the game from there.

Unfortunately, they're not in their seats, so there are always empties in the stands but you can't really have it both ways (unless they want to make standing-room only a regular thing, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea).
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

noback

yep
and there are lots of people also sitting at the west end zone as well although I think there may be some of the "hard core" smokers staying close to the smoking areas LOL
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!

jayme2015

Agreed, attendance was great this year, but we still had several games with 2-3,000 tickets unsold. (Not counting the 9,000 empty seats for the Toronto "home" game)
Let's consistently fill the stadium before adding more seating in the endzones.  :D

I'd love a roof over the south stands. Keeps fans in their seats when it rains, but more importantly, helps to amp up the crowd noise when the D is on the field!  :rockin:  :rockin:

No team in the league sells out every game.

QQ One-Nine

Hey, Jayme! Where ya been?  :D
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

mick87

No team in the league sells out every game.

Except Montreal for several consecutive years when the capacity of Percival Molson was still 20,202.

Just saying there's no need for additional seats until the demand is there. Maybe some games that were sold out this year could have sold an additional thousand tickets or more, I really don't know. I do know that 4 games this year were not sellouts.

Montreal expanded their stadium by 5,000 seats in 2010 and since 2011 they haven't sold out any games. I think there's a saturation point and I'd rather have a full, smaller sized stadium than a bigger stadium with empty seats. Obviously the expansion in Montreal was for financial reasons as it's pretty hard to turn a profit with only 20k fans at every game.

Hank01

I understand everyone's hesitation in adding new seats as its good PR atmosphere to have the seats full and tell it to the media that it's a sellout . However the endzone seats because it's cut off to the north side and narrows out to the bridge which should have been bigger the bridge that is ; the number of seats would only be about 850 to 950 not a huge number .

You don't need them yet for the other end zone .  

In the renders there was suppose to be tiered seating in the endzones and the fans were promised a bowl enclosed atmosphere . The southside curved stands is a huge boost when looking at them from the north stand it just looks like a professional stadium .  My feeling is because of liability issues they could not do tiered seating because of the
issue of normal people or drunks falling down the hill . That's why I feel they did let me down on this issue . I believe the biggest reason for football revival in Ottawa is better stadium and atmosphere . Number 2 the willingness to spend money on talent especially when one guy gets hurt or is poor at their position (kicker ), number 3 management  and 4 sales   staff who are doing a great job .

They also need better concessions at this endzone everything is at the other end ( entertainment  etc ..) so for me they always need improving . If I was the owner I would get a second large screen for the other end as well  , get more concessions and finish construction of the endzones for this side.   Long winded ; just wanted to explain my position more .

mick87

I think a small end zone section would definitely be in demand for the Fury games.
It could serve well for CFL playoff games too, instead of standing room only tickets.

Who knows, maybe the extra seats would help with walk ups. Apparently after the first season in particular, all the sellouts took a toll on the walk up crowds. Never any tickets left, so people stopped trying.

slimjim2

I think a small end zone section would definitely be in demand for the Fury games.
It could serve well for CFL playoff games too, instead of standing room only tickets.

Who knows, maybe the extra seats would help with walk ups. Apparently after the first season in particular, all the sellouts took a toll on the walk up crowds. Never any tickets left, so people stopped trying.

If the seats were right behind the goal for soccer yes they would be in demand but if they put in football end zone seats they would be too far back from the goal.   If you have been to BMO they have them goal seats that are right behind the goal line and it's in high demand.   In the renovated BMO they will be retractable and pushed out of the way for a CFL game.  
The problem with end zone seats at TD Place is that people will buy the cheapest tickets and then stand on the  south side concourse,  the end zone seats will be empty most of the time.

Users Online

64 Guests, 2 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Red Head, nythril, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 94. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)