Hank01

Thinking that Khari Jones or George Cortez if they are available might be a good choice to replace Maas . :cowboy:

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "Hank01"
Thinking that Khari Jones or George Cortez if they are available might be a good choice to replace Maas . :cowboy:

Always liked Cortez and Burris certainly put up some crazy numbers under him 2012. I'd be totally into that.  :thup:
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

QQ One-Nine

Jacques Chapdelaine might be another option.  I think he and Campbell crossed career paths a few years ago in Edmonton.  Saskatchewanm moved the ball all right with Kevin Glenn under his watch.

drummer_god

I would go with Cortez, but I think he just retired.

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "drummer_god"
I would go with Cortez, but I think he just retired.

I read somewhere that was expected to, then heard it had been announced, but never saw the actual announcement.  So I'm not sure.

It's not like he can't pull a Brett Favre though...

QQ One-Nine

Funny thing, Maas has been removed from the list of coaches but the one guy he was said to have poached, Jordan Maksymic (running backs), is still on there.  Wonder if that ended up falling through?

jayme2015

We  should go after Edmontons fair is fair.

Hank01

Wonder if Dunigan would consider a coaching  position with the team . I don't know if he has a big ego or not and wouldn't hurt the current atmosphere but I like the guy's comments and his rookie time HC with the Stamps was hindered possibly by ownership and experience  . Also I  would look at the future if you don't use Hank in the capacity
of QB coach in the future Matt could be the man for the job .

I always liked Dunigans attitude about Canadian talent and if we get the next great hope from Ottawa waiting at UBC he could help him transition to the CFL .

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "Hank01"
Wonder if Dunigan would consider a coaching  position with the team . I don't know if he has a big ego or not and wouldn't hurt the current atmosphere but I like the guy's comments and his rookie time HC with the Stamps was hindered possibly by ownership and experience  . Also I  would look at the future if you don't use Hank in the capacity of QB coach in the future Matt could be the man for the job .

I always liked Dunigans attitude about Canadian talent and if we get the next great hope from Ottawa waiting at UBC he could help him transition to the CFL .

That's interesting. He seems very easy to get along with so I don't think he'd be the type that would ruin the family atmosphere that's been built.

He looks pretty happy with the TV gig but I don't think this is a bad idea at all.

QQ One-Nine

I got sidetracked there...Marcus Brady's name just appeared on Twitter as a candidate for this position. I don't know if he's actually available though. Hunt has said he doesn't go for people under contract but perhaps his recent experience is causing him to rethink that anyway.

http://www.argonauts.ca/marcus-brady/

In 2013, his unit scored more than 500 points on the season, which was the most by an Argonauts team since 1998, put up more than 6,900 yards of total offence, Argos quarterbacks combined for more than 5,000 yards passing, and QB Ricky Ray threw just two interceptions on more than 300 attempts and earned East Division Most Outstanding Player honours for the first time in his career.

His offence continued to play well in 2014 and finished near the top of the League in most significant categories including most touchdowns scored (38), most passing touchdowns scored (31), most average yards offence per game (354.3) and most average passing yards per game (280.3). QB Ricky Ray once again earned recognition as the East Division Most Outstanding Player.

Hank01

Is Brady unsigned for 2016  ? He sounds great if we can get him . I definitely want to see more of the up tempo offence we had 2015 with no huddle when you need it . Also someone who doesn't forget the running game with the two great backs we have now .

mick87

Hunt has said he doesn't go for people under contract

A small part of me appreciates the respect he shows, a much larger part of me wants a great OC and a winning team. Soooo..........

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "mick87"
Hunt has said he doesn't go for people under contract

A small part of me appreciates the respect he shows, a much larger part of me wants a great OC and a winning team. Soooo..........

Yeah, no kidding...I can't help but think at some point he'll take the "When in Rome" mentality. Otherwise you're just limiting yourself.

But if Brady is under contract, like Hank mentions, then the team would need permission for what is essentially a lateral move.  My guess is Brady will be available shortly, but that's all it is. Otherwise I don't see how it happens.

Grover

Ottawa REDBLACKSVerified account
?@REDBLACKS
BREAKING: Jaime Elizondo (@coachelizondo) has been hired as our new offensive coordinator.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2015/12/ ... ordinator/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

QQ One-Nine

Called it!

No, of course that's not true, I had no idea.  :oops:

Users Online

129 Guests, 13 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Clawed2bitz, bohdon, JerkFaceLoser, RBFan2014, TravelPat1, Lyle B. Style, Wumper, rpaege, aulcee, Mark, raymarkca, ArgoT, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 236. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)