Obrigardo

Our Ticats are going to regret this trade and giving up on Zach.  Mark my words!  
Maybe. But I doubt it very much.
You bet your lucky stars TiCats will regret this move.  Happy for Zack. He was treated like “crap” last year.  Bur never complained and held his head high.
Benching an athlete to improve your chances of winning is not treating him like crap.its pro sports.if a coach doesn't do what's needed he will lose his job see austin

cats99

Run and Gun :Masoli and Johnny deer 🦌 in the headlights football 🏈 sounds good to me 1st downs and thrilling football to watch ! 
Hereeeeeeees Johnny ! 👍💪
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

ArgoT

As an Argo fan from the outside this is most definitely a surprise as  I thought for sure Zach was headed back to the Argos.
Masoli has shown to be a number 1, so to have Johnny trouble come into your camp and compete has got to be a negative on Masoli.

Grover

Last year around this time SSK traded an over-rated, oft injured QB with a big salary to Montreal for a 2nd round pick.

This year SSK trades a 2nd round pick to Hamilton for an over-rated, oft injured QB with a big salary.  :o

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

JackHammer41

Sports analysis is great! Can anyone really predict what will happen when a player is traded?? No...but it is FUN discussing which is why we all love sports and in particular our teams. 
We love to embrace these athletic heroes and make them our own and then are quick to turn on them when things don't go right. I remember a home game last year when a "Hamilton Fan" came down in the vacated seats behind the Ticat bench just to berate key players that were heroes for a few seasons prior. I was so happy to see these very same players return to the hero status the last 10 games of the year and I was trying to seek out that fan to give him a taste of his medicine...but bottom line we all have our own opinions & views and that is the way it should be. Just let's remember there are boundaries and taking it too far. 
So let's review Zach. When he came to Hamilton he took a little time but as the team was being built he became the offensive field general needed that helped get the Cats to back to back Grey Cups and the future was bright. 2015 was turning into a romp year of the Tiger & MOP season for Zach then WHAM...torn ACL, out for the season. The team couldn't do anything right with Masoli at the helm but the staff began to retool the offence to Masoli's strengths and the Cats came to within one miracle play from returning to the GC for a 3rd straight year. So the Cats still have a bright future with ZC recovering & Masoli gained great experience should he be called on. Then 0-8 happened. ZC looked like something had changed, confidence, new offence without Condell, strained relationship with Austin, O-line issues, key receiver injuries etc. Then new coach, new starting QB and the team responds with the core group brining the same results we were used to seeing and became the most feared team in the CFL and one the playoff teams were thankful did not make the playoffs. 
Now the team is under the guidance of Coach Jones and we as fans need to allow him to do what he sees fit to bring a championship to this organization. He and his short CFL record has earned that. 
There are many questions surrounding ZC and with all of those and his sizeable contract this is probably the best scenario for all involved. Will ZC come back to MOP status? That will be seen but if that is to happen not sure Hamilton would be the best opportunity for that to play out. ZC is a class athlete and deserves a fresh start and I hope it all works out best for him. Masoli deserves his chance here in the place he earned it. 
In order for the Cats to achieve success there is a core group that needs to make this team gel and come together like we have come to enjoy from 2013-2016 and the last 10 games of 2017. Sprinkle in some new key talent acquisitions and let Coach Jones continue to bring his expertise to this league.
To ZC thanks for the memories and best of luck...for those sporting the Black & Gold in 2019...Oskee Wee Wee, let's Eat 'me Raw in 2018!

stevehvh

Well said, JackHammer41. And welcome to the forum.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

JackHammer41

Thanks...this should be fun.
Waiting for Killer91 to respond. 

my home team

We offloaded a QB that had lost his last 12 starts, lost his starters role and lost his confidence ...
The question is: has he lost his mojo?

(and I mean that in the scientific sense of the word)
Give Zach a couple of wins in regina and that mojo will be back functioning just fine.

I'm not sure whether or not this trade will work out for him. But I certainly wouldn't be foolish enough to bet any money against it.

my home team

As an Argo fan from the outside this is most definitely a surprise as  I thought for sure Zach was headed back to the Argos.
Masoli has shown to be a number 1, so to have Johnny trouble come into your camp and compete has got to be a negative on Masoli.
And you honestly think that the management here would intentionally make a trade to another eastern team to potentially make them better??

ottawacat

Here's what Zach's new Coach Jones had to say about the trade -- the contract will be re-negotiated and there will be a competition between Bridge, Collaros, and others for the starter's job:

http://blair-necessities.blogspot.ca/2018/01/jones-talks-about-collaros-trade.html

Killer91

Sports analysis is great! Can anyone really predict what will happen when a player is traded?? No...but it is FUN discussing which is why we all love sports and in particular our teams.
We love to embrace these athletic heroes and make them our own and then are quick to turn on them when things don't go right. I remember a home game last year when a "Hamilton Fan" came down in the vacated seats behind the Ticat bench just to berate key players that were heroes for a few seasons prior. I was so happy to see these very same players return to the hero status the last 10 games of the year and I was trying to seek out that fan to give him a taste of his medicine...but bottom line we all have our own opinions & views and that is the way it should be. Just let's remember there are boundaries and taking it too far.
So let's review Zach. When he came to Hamilton he took a little time but as the team was being built he became the offensive field general needed that helped get the Cats to back to back Grey Cups and the future was bright. 2015 was turning into a romp year of the Tiger & MOP season for Zach then WHAM...torn ACL, out for the season. The team couldn't do anything right with Masoli at the helm but the staff began to retool the offence to Masoli's strengths and the Cats came to within one miracle play from returning to the GC for a 3rd straight year. So the Cats still have a bright future with ZC recovering & Masoli gained great experience should he be called on. Then 0-8 happened. ZC looked like something had changed, confidence, new offence without Condell, strained relationship with Austin, O-line issues, key receiver injuries etc. Then new coach, new starting QB and the team responds with the core group brining the same results we were used to seeing and became the most feared team in the CFL and one the playoff teams were thankful did not make the playoffs.
Now the team is under the guidance of Coach Jones and we as fans need to allow him to do what he sees fit to bring a championship to this organization. He and his short CFL record has earned that.
There are many questions surrounding ZC and with all of those and his sizeable contract this is probably the best scenario for all involved. Will ZC come back to MOP status? That will be seen but if that is to happen not sure Hamilton would be the best opportunity for that to play out. ZC is a class athlete and deserves a fresh start and I hope it all works out best for him. Masoli deserves his chance here in the place he earned it.
In order for the Cats to achieve success there is a core group that needs to make this team gel and come together like we have come to enjoy from 2013-2016 and the last 10 games of 2017. Sprinkle in some new key talent acquisitions and let Coach Jones continue to bring his expertise to this league.
To ZC thanks for the memories and best of luck...for those sporting the Black & Gold in 2019...Oskee Wee Wee, let's Eat 'me Raw in 2018!
Well said, the only thing I would add that Austin did everything he could to assure Jeff Mathews was the successor to Zach. He was finally forced to bring in Masoli when he basically had no other option for the EF in Ottawa after all other options failed and Masoli bailed them out and played great from essentially the 3rd or 4th string qb spot - I remember people suggesting we need to play Jacori Harris, suggesting he was the next great hope.  Masoli has earned everything he gets.  Zach was treated very fairly and given every opportunity here and has been first class through all of this. I wish him well.  You are correct, this board is just our opinions and way to show our support for the team and our frustration and displeasure more for Ticat Fan therapy than anything else and a slight hope that our opinions mean something to the team.

Killer91

Here's what Zach's new Coach Jones had to say about the trade -- the contract will be re-negotiated and there will be a competition between Bridge, Collaros, and others for the starter's job:

http://blair-necessities.blogspot.ca/2018/01/jones-talks-about-collaros-trade.html
I'm not convinced Brandon Bridge is the guy in Sask. I think he is too raw. I'm not sure if he will get to the next level...lots of talent for sure but a little akward looking style.

my home team

"Well said, the only thing I would add that Austin did everything he could to assure Jeff Mathews was the successor to Zach. He was finally forced to bring in Masoli when he basically had no other option for the EF in Ottawa after all other options failed and Masoli bailed them out and played great from essentially the 3rd or 4th string qb spot - I remember people suggesting we need to play Jacori Harris, suggesting he was the next great hope.  Masoli has earned everything he gets.  Zach was treated very fairly and given every opportunity here and has been first class through all of this. I wish him well. "

Not sure if you're stating the same thing, but Masoli was brought in for the 2015 eastern final because Mathews was injured in their previous home game against Ottawa.

According to CBC.CA...

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will have to try winning the East Division without their top two quarterbacks.
Hamilton (10-7) has placed backup Jeff Mathews on the injured list, meaning he won't play in the club's pivotal road game Saturday afternoon. The Ticats visit the Ottawa Redblacks (11-6) needing to win by seven or more points to finish atop the East Division and secure home-field advantage for the conference final Nov. 22.
Mathews took a hit to his head in last weekend's 12-6 home loss to Ottawa. After recording just two wins in their inaugural season last year, the Redblacks can finish first in the East with a victory, tie or loss by less than six points.
With Mathews sidelined, Jeremiah Massoli and Jacory Harris have shared quarterback reps in practice. Mathews became the starter when incumbent Zach Collaros suffered a season-ending knee injury in a 25-18 home loss to the Edmonton Eskimos in September."

Masoli did not "bail them out" as he was the next backup quarterback in line (3rd) and was his job to step in should the other two get injured, which was the case. Jeremiah did play exceptionally well in the EF and put forth enough to win that game, had it not been for a couple of late defensive mistakes.

Since Zach was not given an equal opportunity to play since the arrival of June Jones, I'm not sure if it could be said that he "was treated very fairly and given every opportunity here"

I do agree that he displayed a very professional and team first attitude during what must have been a very difficult time for him.

I am convinced that Zach Collaros will be successful again. Unfortunately, for those here, it won't be in Hamilton.

Slomojo2005

Our Ticats are going to regret this trade and giving up on Zach.  Mark my words!  
Maybe. But I doubt it very much.
You bet your lucky stars TiCats will regret this move.  Happy for Zack. He was treated like “crap” last year.  Bur never complained and held his head high.
Benching an athlete to improve your chances of winning is not treating him like crap.its pro sports.if a coach doesn't do what's needed he will lose his job see austin
If it was truelly benching, in true sense of the word I could agree but I think there was more happening than we know.    But Zack should have been put back in at some point.  You don't just humiliate a player like that by not giving him a chance to redeem himself especially after the team performance change. That is why I think there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff happening. Austin didn't lose his coaching job because of Zack, the whole team sucked and Austin was the reason why.  No one wanted to play for him. Different!

Slomojo2005

"Well said, the only thing I would add that Austin did everything he could to assure Jeff Mathews was the successor to Zach. He was finally forced to bring in Masoli when he basically had no other option for the EF in Ottawa after all other options failed and Masoli bailed them out and played great from essentially the 3rd or 4th string qb spot - I remember people suggesting we need to play Jacori Harris, suggesting he was the next great hope.  Masoli has earned everything he gets.  Zach was treated very fairly and given every opportunity here and has been first class through all of this. I wish him well. "

Not sure if you're stating the same thing, but Masoli was brought in for the 2015 eastern final because Mathews was injured in their previous home game against Ottawa.

According to CBC.CA...

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will have to try winning the East Division without their top two quarterbacks.
Hamilton (10-7) has placed backup Jeff Mathews on the injured list, meaning he won't play in the club's pivotal road game Saturday afternoon. The Ticats visit the Ottawa Redblacks (11-6) needing to win by seven or more points to finish atop the East Division and secure home-field advantage for the conference final Nov. 22.
Mathews took a hit to his head in last weekend's 12-6 home loss to Ottawa. After recording just two wins in their inaugural season last year, the Redblacks can finish first in the East with a victory, tie or loss by less than six points.
With Mathews sidelined, Jeremiah Massoli and Jacory Harris have shared quarterback reps in practice. Mathews became the starter when incumbent Zach Collaros suffered a season-ending knee injury in a 25-18 home loss to the Edmonton Eskimos in September."

Masoli did not "bail them out" as he was the next backup quarterback in line (3rd) and was his job to step in should the other two get injured, which was the case. Jeremiah did play exceptionally well in the EF and put forth enough to win that game, had it not been for a couple of late defensive mistakes.

Since Zach was not given an equal opportunity to play since the arrival of June Jones, I'm not sure if it could be said that he "was treated very fairly and given every opportunity here"

I do agree that he displayed a very professional and team first attitude during what must have been a very difficult time for him.

I am convinced that Zach Collaros will be successful again. Unfortunately, for those here, it won't be in Hamilton.
Well put. 

Users Online

72 Guests, 3 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Vachon23, FootbalYouBet, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 104. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)