Crash

For a 2nd rd pick - 10th overall.
You have to think Zach will re-structure.
Good on Austin and co. for getting a high pick for him.
Very tough to see him go, but with Jones coming back the writing was on the wall.

[ Note from moderator: I altered this post title for SEO purposes. ]

blackandgld

Assuming Green Riders??
This was inevitable due to ZC not willing to renegotiate his bloated contract. My prediction is that he will renegotiate before this season starts.
And now let the QB signing floodgates open in Tigertown

stevehvh

Good move, for about the right return. I wish him luck.

It will be interesting to see what the Riders and ZC do about his Feb 1 bonus, and his contract.

Now, let's re-sign Masoli.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Crash

Good move, for about the right return. I wish him luck.

It will be interesting to see what the Riders and ZC do about his Feb 1 bonus, and his contract.

Now, let's re-sign Masoli.
I would be surprised if Masoli isn't signed already, or close to a deal.
Regardless of what the emotional armchair GMs on this website think Masoli knows that competing with Manziel is better than most (if not all) landing spots in the league.

catsteelers2002

Assuming Green Riders??
They are the only riders in the league ?

blackandgld

Assuming Green Riders??
They are the only riders in the league ?
GEEZ, am i old or what??

tcmike

Well I am disappointed because I like Zach but I am glad Austin was smart enough to not trade him to a Eastern team.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

blackandgld

Cats now own 4 of the first 15 picks in the upcoming CFL draft.

SteelCitySteve

Congrats on the 2018-2022 Grey Cup wins Saskatchewan!

Seriously though, we are officially stepping out into the unknown now. It's going to be really good or really bad, the chips will fall where they may.

Sure hope we can get Manziel and /or Masoli signed soon, we are pretty thin at QB right now!

Best of luck Zach!! You will be missed here in the Hammer. Thank you for some exciting football!

Mark31

Great deal....I thought they were just going to have to release him.

SilverSurfer

Best wishes to Zach in Regina and back with former coach and defensive coordinator Chris Jones when both were with the Argos.

You could see this move coming and good on Austin to get it done and hopefully sign Masoli or announce soon new contract? I wonder if Masoli might be next though in a possible trade, I hope not but you never know in Tiger-Town??

Go Cats Go!!

Crash

Congrats on the 2018-2022 Grey Cup wins Saskatchewan!

Seriously though, we are officially stepping out into the unknown now. It's going to be really good or really bad, the chips will fall where they may.

Sure hope we can get Manziel and /or Masoli signed soon, we are pretty thin at QB right now!

Best of luck Zach!! You will be missed here in the Hammer. Thank you for some exciting football!
I think 10 games is a good sample size for Jones/Masoli to not call it unknown. We know exactly what we are going to get with that Coach/QB tandem. Its time to put this whole QB thing to bed and move on with what worked.

I don't look at this as all or nothing, one or the other. If Masoli can play up to par and get us where we need to be (sustained excellence - a Grey Cup or more) than it can be a win-win. We can win and Sask gets a great QB in their own right if Collaros shows what he's capable of.

Crash

Also just want to add....

- Re-sign June Jones - Check
- TRADE Collaros rather than release - Check
- Get rid of the contract without paying the bonus - Check
- Get value considering the contract - Check
- Trade him far away so can't burn us in the East - Check

Would love to hear the Kent Austin haters chime in on this one.... hard to argue his offseason so far.

ExPat

June Jones quote (sounds like it's something he actually said, rather than boilerplate written by marketing staff):

“As I said during the season, Zach was put into a difficult situation, as was I, and he handled himself as a true pro. He came to work every day and tried to be the best he could be. Zach was an asset to me and our team in the areas he could control. There is no question in my mind had he gotten his chance again to play for me, he would have been successful. I saw enough in practice and witnessed his work ethic to know he is a tough kid and a winner. As I told him, this is a business. Zach understands the game, and the business. I wish him all the best and so does everyone in our organization.”

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/03/ticats-trade-qb-zach-collaros-riders/

ticatbill

Time to spend money on masoli bank tasker n famous because Johnny football hasn't touched a ball since when?

Users Online

55 Guests, 6 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
VICIOUSCIRCLE, KevinRiley2, FootbalYouBet, Mightygoose, Lyle B. Style, toddstattoo, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 100. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)