Espo

aside from Laurent, Tasker and Dean, (who were all going to at least see what they can get from other teams anyway) who are you all really hoping for as a signing?  

Manziel?  k...  nothings happening there until the last second anyway, so what did you expect?

either washington?  sure, they'd be nice, probably looking to at least see what elsewhere thinks they're worth as well.  

Maybe Capicciotti?  Maybe Prime?   sure...  i guess...

just wait til february like everyone else

Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

mr62cats

Pretty accurate assessment here

Five things still on the Ticats to-do list

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/01/17/five-things-still-ticats-list/
This reminds me of a great quote:

"
A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists.
Don Marquis
(1878 – 1937) humorist, journalist & author

Kinda sums up my thoughts about all the low expections that pass for good news I see on this thread.

Maybe something very positive will happen (NOT Manziel) between now and June. I sure hope so.

Grover

"
Don Marquis

Kinda sums up my thoughts about all the low expections that pass for good news I see on this thread.

Maybe something very positive will happen (NOT Manziel) between now and June. I sure hope so.
Here is another great quote

"It is impossible to have a positive life with a negative mind."

June Jones (1953 - present)
-Football Coach of the Hamilton TiCats
-Head of the June Jones Foundation

The June Jones Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt foundation dedicated to improving the quality of life for needy families of children with life-threatening illnesses, as well as other charitable causes.
The emotional, physical and spiritual impact that a seriously ill child has on a family cannot be measured. The Foundation is dedicated to lifting their spirits by providing grants, programming and support.
Since inception, the June Jones Foundation has provided over $1,000,000 in grants, medical supplies and athletic equipment for children and families in need.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

stevehvh

"
Don Marquis

Hey 62,

I prefer this one:

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."
-George F. Will, journalist, commentator and author

Not being one, I say this ironically, of course.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

mr62cats

stevehvh:

Of course.

But I injected a couple of lines after my quote for complete context...fully expecting a slew of other quotes re pessimism.

I also like this one...equally applicable to the Tiger-Cats upcoming season:

"The basis of optimism is sheer terror."  ;D

We'll just have to see.

stevehvh

stevehvh:

Of course.

But I injected a couple of lines after my quote for complete context...fully expecting a slew of other quotes re pessimism.

I also like this one...equally applicable to the Tiger-Cats upcoming season:

"The basis of optimism is sheer terror."  ;D

We'll just have to see.
Haha! Good one for sure!

Crash

Is it just me or are the Tiger Cats sitting on their hands when it comes to signing their pending free agents? If they expect to fill the seats quality players need to be extended.
Its just you.
https://www.cfl.ca/fa18/
Still just you.

Onemoredork

The sitting on hands isnt the problem so much as it is the need to wake up. Maybe its just me.

schmenger

Yup it's just me. Glad to see some movement even though Charleston Hughes was a Tiger Cat for more than an hour. Man what a teaser. The jury is still out on Adams, however he is a Jones guy who is very agile.

Slomojo2005

The sitting on hands isnt the problem so much as it is the need to wake up. Maybe its just me.
I think The Cats Have Awakened.  With this Adams move they have sent a very clear signal to Mr Johnny that  he isn’t about to call the shots without first doing something to prove he can.  I absolutely love this move. Hats off to Austin and Tillman. And Jones.

stevehvh

I think The Cats Have Awakened.  With this Adams move they have sent a very clear signal to Mr Johnny that  he isn’t about to call the shots without first doing something to prove he can.  I absolutely love this move. Hats off to Austin and Tillman. And Jones.
X2

schmenger

Big Ted is going to walk in my humble opinion. Tasker can be replaced and Dean and Shorthill remain to be re-signed before Tuesday. If Deal walks Khalil Bass may be the answer. Ted's replacement could be Eddie Steele a Tiger Cat from a while back. Tasker is good player but I would go after Nick Demski or Shaq Johnson both ratio busters. Tillman indicated he would go after 2 to 4 free agents on Tuesday.  Just my opinion.

bobo82

Big Ted is going to walk in my humble opinion. Tasker can be replaced and Dean and Shorthill remain to be re-signed before Tuesday. If Deal walks Khalil Bass may be the answer. Ted's replacement could be Eddie Steele a Tiger Cat from a while back. Tasker is good player but I would go after Nick Demski or Shaq Johnson both ratio busters. Tillman indicated he would go after 2 to 4 free agents on Tuesday.  Just my opinion.
Just so you know

Khalil Bass isn't listed on the Bombers list of upcoming FA's . Not unless you were talking of a possible trade ?

Shaq Johnson has already re-signed with the Lions so stroke him off the list .

BUT on the other hand

As of this posting both Steele and Demski are currently listed as upcoming FA's on Saskatchewan's list and are both available , that is if they don't re-sign before next Tuesday's FA deadline .

and lastly

I do agree that the team is going to allow Big Ted to walk in FA .
 I am hopeful though that Dean , Tasker and Shorthill all get re-signed . As for our other pending FA's ?
maybe Prime and maybe Atkinson get re-signed as well . Besides that I think the team allows the rest of them to walk as they are all basically replaceable and basically just spare parts (Gill , Golson , Ellis , Barnett , Collins )

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

schmenger

According to the official free agent list (not updated) Khalil Bass is a free agent for the Arblows. On second thought the Cats have a gut of talent at national wide out, Chambers, Aprile, Fantuz, Jones, Scarfone and Lussier so Demski could push Aprile, Jones and Lussier out of a spot. Not sure if the Cats are going to be held hostage by Big Ted this go around considering his play has diminished somewhat.

bobo82

According to the official free agent list (not updated) Khalil Bass is a free agent for the Arblows. On second thought the Cats have a gut of talent at national wide out, Chambers, Aprile, Fantuz, Jones, Scarfone and Lussier so Demski could push Aprile, Jones and Lussier out of a spot. Not sure if the Cats are going to be held hostage by Big Ted this go around considering his play has diminished somewhat.
I stand corrected on Bass . I thought he was still with Winnipeg . Funny thing is though is that I can't recall him ever suiting up for the Arblows last year or even being on their roster for that matter .

You say that the Cats have a gut of talent at national wide out , I beg to differ on that . The Cats have a lot of bodies there BUT I wouldn't exactly call them talented with the exception of Fantuz (who may or may not play this season) and to a lesser extent perhaps Chambers (who should benefit from being here for a full TC and season this year) . As for the rest of the above mentioned Canadian receivers ? The talent level drops way off after that . Aprile has been here 4 years now and hasn't shown a damn thing when he's been giving the chance . In fact he has spent more time on the IL then the active roster since he got here . Jones dropped as many passes as he actually caught last year and Lussier was a rookie last season who basically played strictly as a special teamer . Scarfone has yet to see the field or suit up for the team after opting to go back for his Senior year at Guelph after TC last year .

I've been saying for years now that one of our major weaknesses that has never been addressed or upgraded is the lack of talent in the Canadian receiving corp once you get past Fantuz . Hopefully Andy comes back and remains healthy and hopefully Chambers gives us a full season because if we have to go with the likes of an Aprile or a Jones starting again ? Well what can I tell you BUT it ain't going to be pretty . 

Users Online

99 Guests, 20 Users (10 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
guelphcatsfan, letsgoticats, FootbalYouBet, Slomojo2005, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Grover, schmenger, Mightygoose, mr62cats, Rick16, PrideLivesHere, Lyle B. Style, Balticfox, Ticatsfan25, sully, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (5), Alexa

Most Online Today: 165. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)