Espo

Laurent is the only one that's not replaceable.  

Tasker is great, love Dean, but neither one of them has the impact on the field, roster and ratio like Teddy.  

Fantuz in his prime might come close to that.  
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

of course

The Ticats were getting the same push up the middle with Meuller and Whitlock (when Laurent was hurt) as they were when Laurent was in there last year.  Laurent is a good player, but not at the money we would have to pay him. 

I think Dean and Tasker are not only great players, but great leaders on the team, so I hope the Ticats re-sign them. 

I think Dean may be end up in Winnipeg on the very first day of free agency if we don't re-sign him by Tuesday.

If we don't re-up Tasker and Laurent, I can see both of them ending up with another team in the East...probably Montreal.

Espo

The Ticats were getting the same push up the middle with Meuller and Whitlock (when Laurent was hurt) as they were when Laurent was in there last year.  Laurent is a good player, but not at the money we would have to pay him.
LOVE Whitlock, love what he brings to the table.  Love that he can play DE and DT.

Neither him, nor Meuller are Canadian though.  Vaughn filled in nicely I suppose.

But no one else on the team drew double teams like Ted freeing up Tracy, Coleman, (or Whitlock) and Capicciotti to really pin their ears back and go after the QB

blackandgld

With all the picks in the upcoming draft National receiver may be a position the team looks to strengthen without spending much $$$.

my home team

With all the picks in the upcoming draft National receiver may be a position the team looks to strengthen without spending much $$$.
If they don't end up going back to school or the NFL....

Grover

Would much rather the $$$ they are thinking of giving Johnny be spent on retaining Laurent, Tasker and Dean

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

schmenger

Obviously they (management) think they have suitable replacements or this is a money Manzeil thing. I agree with with you Grover spend it on known commodities instead of something unproven.

my home team

Would much rather the $$$ they are thinking of giving Johnny be spent on retaining Laurent, Tasker and Dean
These guys produced on the field...all Johnny has done so far is produce headlines....and not even positive ones...

Grover

Jerome Messam has been released by CGY.
Should we be interested??
Would he fit into June Jones system?

32 yrs old, from Brampton.
We do have Timmis to back him up

FenderGuy69

Jerome Messam has been released by CGY.
Should we be interested??
Would he fit into June Jones system?

32 yrs old, from Brampton.
We do have Timmis to back him up
Personally, I don't think he really fits the system and I think the risk of going with a National combo at RB is too high at the cost of other possible ratio deployments.

1. Messam is 32. Has had some injury issues.
2. I doubt Timmis's rehab is complete as of yet & IMHO I wouldn't bet on him being 100% to start camp. I hope I'm wrong cause I like the young man but that was a nasty injury.

I think there are better ways of managing the ratio than at RB to be honest.

Just my 3 cents. (Inflation ya know!)

longtimetcfan

Re Tasker, Dean, Shorthill, etc remaining unsigned at this late date...

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
- Luke/Leia/Hans/C3PO/(probably Chewy)

:-[

Grover

Good read here

What the Ticats might do in free agency

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/09/ticats-might-free-agency/

cats99

According to the official free agent list (not updated) Khalil Bass is a free agent for the Arblows. On second thought the Cats have a gut of talent at national wide out, Chambers, Aprile, Fantuz, Jones, Scarfone and Lussier so Demski could push Aprile, Jones and Lussier out of a spot. Not sure if the Cats are going to be held hostage by Big Ted this go around considering his play has diminished somewhat.
I stand corrected on Bass . I thought he was still with Winnipeg . Funny thing is though is that I can't recall him ever suiting up for the Arblows last year or even being on their roster for that matter .

You say that the Cats have a gut of talent at national wide out , I beg to differ on that . The Cats have a lot of bodies there BUT I wouldn't exactly call them talented with the exception of Fantuz (who may or may not play this season) and to a lesser extent perhaps Chambers (who should benefit from being here for a full TC and season this year) . As for the rest of the above mentioned Canadian receivers ? The talent level drops way off after that . Aprile has been here 4 years now and hasn't shown a damn thing when he's been giving the chance . In fact he has spent more time on the IL then the active roster since he got here . Jones dropped as many passes as he actually caught last year and Lussier was a rookie last season who basically played strictly as a special teamer . Scarfone has yet to see the field or suit up for the team after opting to go back for his Senior year at Guelph after TC last year .

I've been saying for years now that one of our major weaknesses that has never been addressed or upgraded is the lack of talent in the Canadian receiving corp once you get past Fantuz . Hopefully Andy comes back and remains healthy and hopefully Chambers gives us a full season because if we have to go with the likes of an Aprile or a Jones starting again ? Well what can I tell you BUT it ain't going to be pretty .
Fact:If Tasker was Canadian he would have been signed by Xmas !
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

Grover

This is encouraging!

Scott Mitchell
@ticatmitchell
3m3 minutes ago
Another great week of @ticats work for the best business ops team going. 378 season tickets sold this week. Well done. Good news coming should make for a good week next week !

Slomojo2005

So does anyone still think they are sitting on their hands?  Not I.  Well done Cats!

Users Online

97 Guests, 17 Users (15 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PrideLivesHere, Grover, Slomojo2005, Chestmaster, slowhand, Ticatsfan25, Cali_Eagle, guelphcatsfan, Mightygoose, CrazyCanuck1988, Dr.Whiskey, JoeyT, Lyle B. Style, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (8), Alexa

Most Online Today: 165. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)