http://www.3downnation.com/2018/01/17/five-things-still-ticats-list/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

schmenger

"Sooner than later"

schmenger

Crickets. 

canadianfootballfan

Crickets.
Maybe you should apply for a job in Ticats football ops.  Then, if hired, you will know everything there is to know.

Otherwise...  you will have to wait like the rest of us for news. 

Also, free agency doesn't start for exactly 22 days.

Please spare yourself, and the rest of us, the grief by having some basic sense.

schmenger

Get a life my friend. While other teams concentrate on re-signing players the Tiger Cats have invested in insects, crickets. You would have to guess any re-signing players plans hinge on Johnny Football. I would prefer they went after known commodities instead of hype. I was planning to be a doctor but I didn't have the patience.  

Count Floyd

I don't think we can assume Austin & Tillman are just doing nothing.  The players in question may want to test free agency.  How does any of us know that the team hasn't made offers & the players are waiting until free agency to see what their worth might be?

Onemoredork

Note: To non TC fan readers of this site 

"sitting on their hands" is TC fanspeak for an absence of weekly team FA signings of players whom fans get to decide who is good . Not management.

Releasing players in order  to free up money to sign such players is not considered as management "doing something" as the release of any recognizable name is seen as a disaster and a haunting source.

All this carry overs into league FA period where expensive , big name FAs also must be signed .

Cap space cannot be used as a restriction because the team spent "too much money "on re-signing player X.

In short the team must re sign everybody and release nobody and at the same time sign other FAs.

Hope this was helpful.

mycko75

"sitting on their hands" is TC fanspeak for an absence of weekly team FA signings of players whom fans get to decide who is good . Not management.

Releasing players in order  to free up money to sign such players is not considered as management "doing something" as the release of any recognizable name is seen as a disaster and a haunting source.

All this carry overs into league FA period where expensive , big name FAs also must be signed .

Cap space cannot be used as a restriction because the team spent "too much money "on re-signing player X.

In short the team must re sign everybody and release nobody and at the same time sign other FAs.

Hope this was helpful.
Very much reminds me of this post I made after the Chick trade:

According to some fans on here, Chick was invisible this year, had lost a step, and was getting paid way too much for his production.  However, those same people think we should have gotten more for him in the trade.  

Ideally it would have looked like this (never mind the actual mechanics of how this would work, because no one else has dealt in reality when it comes to this):

To EDM: 
Chick and a 5th Rounder

To Hamilton
Chick
Every other team in the CFLs 1st round pick
Randomly selected second round picks
SJ Green
An all-star National Offensive Lineman
Edmonton swallows Chicks contract for the rest of the year.

Not bad for a guy who lost a step.

I can't wait til next year when these same people add Chick to the list of players that weren't good enough to still be here.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

blackandgld

Releasing players in order  to free up money to sign such players is not considered as management "doing something" as the release of any recognizable name is seen as a disaster and a haunting source.

Hope this was helpful.

According to some fans on here, Chick was invisible this year, had lost a step, and was getting paid way too much for his production.  However, those same people think we should have gotten more for him in the trade.  

Ideally it would have looked like this (never mind the actual mechanics of how this would work, because no one else has dealt in reality when it comes to this):

To EDM:
Chick and a 5th Rounder

To Hamilton
Chick
SJ Green

I can't wait til next year when these same people add Chick to the list of players that weren't good enough to still be here.
I was with you until the SJ Green part. He is an Argo. Also you have Chick traded to Edmonton and back to Hamilton. 

mycko75

Hope this was helpful.

To EDM:
Chick and a 5th Rounder

To Hamilton
Chick
SJ Green

I was with you until the SJ Green part. He is an Argo. Also you have Chick traded to Edmonton and back to Hamilton.
Yes.  I also have the caveat that Edmonton pays his salary too.  And we get EVERY team's first round pick in that trade.

Remember, also in that:

(never mind the actual mechanics of how this would work, because no one else has dealt in reality when it comes to this)

Palmer

Geez, the way you guys hang on to the past and whine about things that might have happened, maybe happened, could or should have happened, or did happen but are irrreverseable (is that a word?) is worthy of therapy.  Hope you never have to go through a marital break-up or family dispute! :D

stevehvh

Hope this was helpful.
I agree.

My favourite is the idea often advanced that we should sign any and all FAs or players cut by other teams because they would "look good in black and gold."  How can you argue with logic as compelling as that?
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

mr62cats

So far the announcements we have had from Scott Mitchell this month, have amounted to nothing more than housekeeping matters. Stuff that every team does, no matter what stage of building/re-building they are at.

Other than Montreal which is in crisis mode, the Tiger Cats seem to be suffering from a drastic case of lethargy.  We get rid of the rest of Austin's coaching staff...but not Austin?

I am feeling very negative about this team's prospects for the upcoming season. I am not the only one.
I do not relish the prospect of having to say " I told you so" in October.

cats99

Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

mr62cats

Cats99:  Yup. I'm aware of that.

Doesn't change my feelings that this team is (excluding the Caretaker) in the wrong hands.

Users Online

92 Guests, 17 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lennywasout, KevinRiley2, Grover, FootbalYouBet, ticat1, SeaFiddle, Mightygoose, Onemoredork, Lucas Bellemare, MtnCat, okie, Condors4ever, 97valkyrie, rshmglsky, alphamale111, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)