schmenger

Is it just me or are the Tiger Cats sitting on their hands when it comes to signing their pending free agents? If they expect to fill the seats quality players need to be extended. 

Crash

Is it just me or are the Tiger Cats sitting on their hands when it comes to signing their pending free agents? If they expect to fill the seats quality players need to be extended.
Its just you.
https://www.cfl.ca/fa18/

Grover

Maybe they are having a hard time re-signing players because it is a well known fact that
every Ti-Cat player that leaves to play for another team instantly becomes a League All Star and will win multiple Championships. 
What incentive could they possibly have to re-sign with the TiCats!  :o :o :o

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

schmenger

Maybe they are having a hard time re-signing players because it is a well known fact that
every Ti-Cat player that leaves to play for another team instantly becomes a League All Star and will win multiple Championships. 
What incentive could they possibly have to re-sign with the TiCats!    

If that is the reason why would they sign here in the first place? The early bird gets the worm. I am guessing they are trying to find Collaros a new home and that hefty contract. This certainly doesn't stop them from signing extensions to the other players. Management has certainly had a very bad year with a lot of their so called football decisions. At the very least give the season ticket holders and the fans something to get excited about.   

Crash

What incentive could they possibly have to re-sign with the TiCats!  

If that is the reason why would they sign here in the first place? The early bird gets the worm. I am guessing they are trying to find Collaros a new home and that hefty contract. This certainly doesn't stop them from signing extensions to the other players. Management has certainly had a very bad year with a lot of their so called football decisions. At the very least give the season ticket holders and the fans something to get excited about.  
Some players like to test the market, its their right they have bargained for.
You're the first guy to kill Austin for overpaying people but one of the ways to re-sign people just weeks after the grey cup is to make them an offer worth skipping free agency for.
Offer Masoli 500k and see how quickly he signs - otherwise wait until closer to Feb to destroy management for not being active.

blackandgld

I know why...It is damn cold out there. I was sitting on my hands earlier today too.

Slomojo2005

Dammed  if you do, dammed  if you don’t!

Riggins

Maybe it's because Kent Austin has one foot out the door?

Gerbear20

I am wondering if they are doing anything at all  . Other teams are signing players daily .  Trevor Harris is back with  Ottawa, Argos nabbed franklin in a trade, bc re-signed arceneaux and traded chris williams for de knapton, WPG re-signed Bryant and the esks re-signed Gable. 
We need to act on our free agents and make a move on Collaros and decide on Masoli
I think Montreal is the only team now that could be interested in Collaros . 

Anyone know if  they are currently working on signing players or making trades ? 

I know they signed a bunch of practice roster guys last week so they so have a pulse but they need
get down  to business on key free agents and a trade ( collaros) ( manziel)      

Lennywasout

We go through this every freaking year.   News will come out in due time. I can’t understand why this thread even appears EVERY FREAKING YEAR.  OMG people...chill the he(( out!  I don’t believe any signings or announcement of signings will change anyone’s mind about renewing their tickets.  
This is just another thread to complain and whine about this organization.   

Don’t really care who they sign if we win.  Nobody on these boards knows anything about any negotiations that are going on.

Did I say....CHILL OUT🤪✌️😎🍷

schmenger

Judging from your remarks about Manzeil you would complain if he was signed. You take every opportunity to cheap shot Manzeil and I take shots at Austin. Sounds like we both have an axe to grind.

Obrigardo

Judging from your remarks about Manzeil you would complain if he was signed. You take every opportunity to cheap shot Manzeil and I take shots at Austin. Sounds like we both have an axe to grind.
They seem to like the multiple signings splash. Maybe they're waiting for that also God forbid you should have a different opinion than another poster on a forum site.50 lashes!

Grover

Just spitballing this, but it is a contract year in 2019, there could very well be a strike.
The League has already stated that all preseason bonuses due in 2019 will not be honoured until a contract is signed.
This could make negotiations a little more complicated as the structure of their contracts will be different than the normal Bonus Structure of bigger contracts.

smokeystover

Patience grasshopper. You have no idea of what may already  be done. As much as our interest for news is strong, the team has to consider timing to deal with ticket sales, or as in the past, a timely continuous release of signing information to keep the team in the news.  

-Hammer-

Well, it's not like a group of players went to the media and said they weren't going to sign if Austin was still there. Oh...wait...

Users Online

101 Guests, 16 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
letsgoticats, Chestmaster, BillyDee87, FootbalYouBet, rshmglsky, SeaFiddle, DisplacedCatsFan, TravelPat1, CFL Pete, VICIOUSCIRCLE, MtnCat, Onemoredork, ticat1, Mightygoose, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 167. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)