Count Floyd

I guarantee the Calgary Stampeders win the Grey Cup

final score might be 80 for Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts 00
Serving of crow here.....
Don't worry, I'm sure he's still right about Manziel's imminent signing by Hamilton.  ;D

Slomojo2005

"No not really. But maybe you are afraid of blaming the losing team you support on their capabilities.  In your mind itz probably a lot easier/better to just blame a loss or bad play on “the elements”!  Pretty lame.  IMO for what itz worth, Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor.  I dont even like Calgary but anyone who knows anything about football would say same.... maybe not you!"

I'm not blaming the loss on anything. I didn't have a horse in this race. But, go ahead and make things up for your argument.

"Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor."

And you know this how?? Your guesses are NOT fact.

But Calgary knew for sometime (a year) that the game would be in Ottawa. Last year there it snowed (eastern final) as much as Sunday.

They should have been better prepared.

Toronto seemed to be and, you know, they played on the same field too.

Other cities want to host the Grey cup and they don't have domed stadiums (Hamilton). You want to waste your tax money building more??

Good luck on your Utopia.
My guesses? My guess my friend is that this Cdn game wasn’t invented by someone in the winter and wasn’t invented with someone trying to kick field goals in 1 foot of snow. It is entertaining in the elements but should not happen to establish “the best team in league”.  Game wasn’t invented so it can be played in snow, bottom line. You can argue with yourself until one of you turn blue!  We don’t live in your dinosaur world any more. The world has moved on and so should you.  

my home team

"My guesses? My guess my friend is that this Cdn game wasn’t invented by someone in the winter and wasn’t invented with someone trying to kick field goals in 1 foot of snow. It is entertaining in the elements but should not happen to establish “the best team in league”.  Game wasn’t invented so it can be played in snow, bottom line. You can argue with yourself until one of you turn blue!  We don’t live in your dinosaur world any more. The world has moved on and so should you."  

The CANADIAN climate includes SNOW AND ICE. We DO have FOUR SEASONS in this country. So, when the CANADIAN game evolved, they had to be aware of that factor. We obviously did NOT invent the game.

The first Grey cup game was played on December 4 1909. That's later in the year than this one.

If you want to play the game in a bubble, you would need to either restrict the location to either the Skydome in Toronto or B C. That gives those teams a permanent advantage, excludes franchises and fans of other cities from hosting and gaining the financial benefits. I'm sure that the other owners would not agree with that one.

Or, you build more domed stadiums.

Neither solution is practical or acceptable.

Even the mighty NFL, with all their resources, doesn't have exclusively domed stadiums in the northern part of that country. Their season ends in FEBRUARY.

You could start the schedule earlier, but that's up to the BOG and not you.

I read a lot of complaining from you, though, not much in the way of a realistic solution.

If you dislike watching the Grey cup in a winter climate, the answer is simple, tune in a NFL game or hockey.

OOOOPPPPSSS...there's ice there too.

P.S.....my world is realistic....yours is a fantasy.....

ottawacat

An interesting stat:
Every team, with the exception of one, has been on the losing end of at least one Grey Cup game in this 21st century.  That team down the road, in The Smoke, though hasn't lost in a Grey Cup in over 30 years now (1987) and have won the championship 6 times since.  

tabbyfan

Slomojo2005

"My guesses? My guess my friend is that this Cdn game wasn’t invented by someone in the winter and wasn’t invented with someone trying to kick field goals in 1 foot of snow. It is entertaining in the elements but should not happen to establish “the best team in league”.  Game wasn’t invented so it can be played in snow, bottom line. You can argue with yourself until one of you turn blue!  We don’t live in your dinosaur world any more. The world has moved on and so should you."  

The CANADIAN climate includes SNOW AND ICE. We DO have FOUR SEASONS in this country. So, when the CANADIAN game evolved, they had to be aware of that factor. We obviously did NOT invent the game.

The first Grey cup game was played on December 4 1909. That's later in the year than this one.

If you want to play the game in a bubble, you would need to either restrict the location to either the Skydome in Toronto or B C. That gives those teams a permanent advantage, excludes franchises and fans of other cities from hosting and gaining the financial benefits. I'm sure that the other owners would not agree with that one.

Or, you build more domed stadiums.

Neither solution is practical or acceptable.

Even the mighty NFL, with all their resources, doesn't have exclusively domed stadiums in the northern part of that country. Their season ends in FEBRUARY.

You could start the schedule earlier, but that's up to the BOG and not you.

I read a lot of complaining from you, though, not much in the way of a realistic solution.

If you dislike watching the Grey cup in a winter climate, the answer is simple, tune in a NFL game or hockey.

OOOOPPPPSSS...there's ice there too.

P.S.....my world is realistic....yours is a fantasy.....
Cdn climate includes snow and ice? Really?  Ok so letz play OUR hockey games outside!  The way it was meant to be played!  All these stupid enclosed arena’s  should be opened up to the elements and “ let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”.   That would make the sport truelly magnificent!!!!! Dahhhhhh!!!

Users Online

79 Guests, 11 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, Allek, djrobertson2017, Sidney, Hamilton2005, CFL in QC, RedandWhite, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, vjcos, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)