Slomojo2005

What a wonderful ending. Congrats Argos!  Too bad for the cocky/greedy Stamps.  Could have gone for tie but no, they wanted it all!  And they got what they deserved. Go East Go, 2 years in a row.

Ticats1999

Why isn’t this game being played in BC or in Toronto?  You want the game in your city, put a roof on your stadium.  Ridiculous.  Cdn game you say?  So letz start season in November!!!
I'm so sick of hearing this from people. We should bounce the game back and forth from Toronto and BC every year? What a load of BS. This is the way the game should be played, in the elements, it's what makes Canadian Football what it is. Two of the most exciting Grey Cups now in the last 25 years were played in heavy snow (unfortunately the Argos won both). If you want to watch games in temperature controlled indoor venues may I suggest pretty much any sports league south of the border. 

toddstattoo

Congrats Argos!
Oskee Wee Wee

Slomojo2005

Why isn’t this game being played in BC or in Toronto?  You want the game in your city, put a roof on your stadium.  Ridiculous.  Cdn game you say?  So letz start season in November!!!
I'm so sick of hearing this from people. We should bounce the game back and forth from Toronto and BC every year? What a load of BS. This is the way the game should be played, in the elements, it's what makes Canadian Football what it is. Two of the most exciting Grey Cups now in the last 25 years were played in heavy snow (unfortunately the Argos won both). If you want to watch games in temperature controlled indoor venues may I suggest pretty much any sports league south of the border.
I am sick and tired of hearing that this Cdn game should be played in the elements! So why aren't you calling for the CFL to run from Nov to March/April?  Too much elements for you, too Cdn.  Pure bull-S&$@ that I have heard many a time.  I would rather see a dry, snow free game under a roof where the best actually wins instead of a bad slip or a bad fall or a slippery ball that doesn't get caught to win!   Nonsense by you " play in the elements" people!  Pure bullshit!!

DisplacedCatsFan

I am sick and tired of hearing that this Cdn game should be played in the elements! So why aren't you calling for the CFL to run from Nov to March/April?  Too much elements for you, too Cdn.  Pure bull-S&$@ that I have heard many a time.  I would rather see a dry, snow free game under a roof where the best actually wins instead of a bad slip or a bad fall or a slippery ball that doesn't get caught to win!   Nonsense by you " play in the elements" people!  Pure bullshit!!
Green Bay, Boston, New York (both teams), Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, and the rest of the non-domed stadia in the northern USA, never mind the NFL, seem to agree with you either.  I explained to my father-in-law that no, playing a championship football game in a snow storm doesn't look bad on ESPN; that, in fact, there was a Super Bowl played in New York after a freakin' BLIZZARD.

Do you want to watch ratings and attendance go down?  Then by all means have the CFL start earlier and compete with the the middle of the MLB season and both the NHL and NBA playoffs.  
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

stevehvh

Congratulations to the Argos. They hung in through a game that could easily have gone the other way and looked like it would for most of it. Gutsy game by Ricky Ray and the Argos.

And I absolutely enjoyed seeing the game played in tough conditions. Mud Bowl 52, Fog Bowl 62, Ice Bowl 77, now two Snow Bowls. All great fun. There have been memorable playoff games in rough weather too, both in the CFL and NFL. Bart Starr's NFL championship TD sneak versus Dallas years ago in -15 F weather was among the very best. So was seeing Terry Evanshen coming back to the field on crutches to cheer on his team mates after breaking his leg versus Saskatchewan in the Western final. I'm all in favour of playing in the elements, whatever they may be. Bring it on.

I hope next season will be the Ticats' turn to win it all.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

my home team

What a wonderful ending. Congrats Argos!  Too bad for the cocky/greedy Stamps.  Could have gone for tie but no, they wanted it all!  And they got what they deserved. Go East Go, 2 years in a row.
Twice we heard this team trumpeting, and twice they blew it. Could have been three times, but they got lucky on a bad penalty call against Hamilton in 2014.

Mitchell is a good quarterback, just can't produce it in the big game.

Calgary is becoming the Buffalo Bills of the CFL.

Should be an interesting conversation in Hufnagel's office today. Dickenson was likely lying awake in bed last night, drumming up good excuses.

my home team

I guarantee the Calgary Stampeders win the Grey Cup

final score might be 80 for Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts 00
Serving of crow here.....

Slomojo2005

Green Bay, Boston, New York (both teams), Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, and the rest of the non-domed stadia in the northern USA, never mind the NFL, seem to agree with you either.  I explained to my father-in-law that no, playing a championship football game in a snow storm doesn't look bad on ESPN; that, in fact, there was a Super Bowl played in New York after a freakin' BLIZZARD.

Do you want to watch ratings and attendance go down?  Then by all means have the CFL start earlier and compete with the the middle of the MLB season and both the NHL and NBA playoffs.  
Ok then.  Competing with the NFL is a lot better for CFL ratings and attendance I guess!   I would take my ratings chances against a totally different sport than the same sport.  But I guess you know better! 

my home team

"I am sick and tired of hearing that this Cdn game should be played in the elements! So why aren't you calling for the CFL to run from Nov to March/April?  Too much elements for you, too Cdn.  Pure bull-S&$@ that I have heard many a time.  I would rather see a dry, snow free game under a roof where the best actually wins instead of a bad slip or a bad fall or a slippery ball that doesn't get caught to win!   Nonsense by you " play in the elements" people!  Pure bullshit!!

Story goes when Tex Schramm had Texas stadium built back in 1971, he intentionally left the playing field uncovered, because he believed that the game should be subject to the weather.

He wasn't afraid of some snow...too bad you are.

Slomojo2005

"I am sick and tired of hearing that this Cdn game should be played in the elements! So why aren't you calling for the CFL to run from Nov to March/April?  Too much elements for you, too Cdn.  Pure bull-S&$@ that I have heard many a time.  I would rather see a dry, snow free game under a roof where the best actually wins instead of a bad slip or a bad fall or a slippery ball that doesn't get caught to win!   Nonsense by you " play in the elements" people!  Pure bullshit!!

Story goes when Tex Schramm had Texas stadium built back in 1971, he intentionally left the playing field uncovered, because he believed that the game should be subject to the weather.

Texas stadium?  You said Texas Stadium where they have so much snow and hail and sleet that Tex should be immortalized for doing what he did?  

my home team

Story goes when Tex Schramm had Texas stadium built back in 1971, he intentionally left the playing field uncovered, because he believed that the game should be subject to the weather.

Texas stadium?  You said Texas Stadium where they have so much snow and hail and sleet that Tex should be immortalized for doing what he did?  
It's OK.....we understand....you're afraid of the outdoors....

Slomojo2005

No not really. But maybe you are afraid of blaming the losing team you support on their capabilities.  In your mind itz probably a lot easier/better to just blame a loss or bad play on “the elements”!  Pretty lame.  IMO for what itz worth, Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor.  I dont even like Calgary but anyone who knows anything about football would say same.... maybe not you!

DisplacedCatsFan

No not really. But maybe you are afraid of blaming the losing team you support on their capabilities.  In your mind itz probably a lot easier/better to just blame a loss or bad play on “the elements”!  Pretty lame.  IMO for what itz worth, Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor.  I dont even like Calgary but anyone who knows anything about football would say same.... maybe not you!
So, in essence, you want EVERY Grey Cup game played in Vancouver (the Big O in Montreal is close to being condemned, and any GC in Toronto will be played at BMO Field).  What about the other 8 teams/cities in the league?

Should we ski, bobsleigh, ice fish, etc indoors too?

my home team

"No not really. But maybe you are afraid of blaming the losing team you support on their capabilities.  In your mind itz probably a lot easier/better to just blame a loss or bad play on “the elements”!  Pretty lame.  IMO for what itz worth, Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor.  I dont even like Calgary but anyone who knows anything about football would say same.... maybe not you!"

I'm not blaming the loss on anything. I didn't have a horse in this race. But, go ahead and make things up for your argument.

"Calgary wins that Grey Cup game hands down if weather conditions were   Better ie if game indoor."

And you know this how?? Your guesses are NOT fact.

But Calgary knew for sometime (a year) that the game would be in Ottawa. Last year there it snowed (eastern final) as much as Sunday.

They should have been better prepared.

Toronto seemed to be and, you know, they played on the same field too.

Other cities want to host the Grey cup and they don't have domed stadiums (Hamilton). You want to waste your tax money building more??

Good luck on your Utopia.

Users Online

60 Guests, 0 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (12), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 118. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)