Gerbear20

Luke Tasker ( He mentioned that this is his time to get the big contract of his career..he does live closeby in New York State) 

Ted Laurent ( He made 275 k last contract and his value is less but he is not replaceable considering he is a national) 

Larry Dean ( He is ranked as the top FREE agent remaining in the league ..We have a guy on our reserve list named Kavel Connor that could come in and replace him if needed)

any thoughts ?  This Tuesday FEB 13 at noon is the start of FREE AGENCY

I think we will find a way to resign Laurent as Austin loves him and Tasker may want to to stay in the east so we may get luck there.....It might be hardest to sign Dean.

I wonder if we will go after any free agents on other teams ? I wonder what the status on Manziel is ? Not many trading partners left for his rights. Montreal if Freeman doesn't pan out.

Onemoredork

Mitchell, Austin, Tillman, Jones, et al have to wake up and stop sitting on their hands...
Yes. Sleeping and hand sitting is the number one issue this off season. Need more fans like DCF with the courage to speak out.

of course

My prediction is before free agency starts Tuesday the Ticats announce the signings of Tasker and Nick Shorthill.  I think Dean and Laurent are going to test the market.  Hope I'm wrong and we sign all of them before Tuesday.

longtimetcfan

Re Tasker...

With a new baby in the family, you would think it would add to his desire to be close to home (near Buffalo). Other than Hamilton, Toronto (heaven forbid  :-[) would be his next closest option.

Hopefully his (new) family will sway Tasker to re-sign in Hamilton.

And hopefully others will follow.

bobo82

Re Tasker...

With a new baby in the family, you would think it would add to his desire to be close to home (near Buffalo). Other than Hamilton, Toronto (heaven forbid  :-[ ) would be his next closet option .

Hopefully his (new) family will sway Tasker to re-sign in Hamilton.

And hopefully others will follow.
Yup . That is my biggest fear right now.....seeing Tasker wearing Double Blue . You would have to think that barring an NFL team signing him that with him wanting to be closer to his Buffalo home then his only other option would seem to be signing with Toronto .  :-\ What makes matter worse is that with Posey signing on in the NFL is that the Blue team will be looking for an able bodied replacement to play pitch and catch with Ray .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

longtimetcfan

Obviously meant “... next closest option.” Don’t think Tasker is in or out of the closet :) Unless he’s renovating his home.

Have to proof read better next time :D

Onemoredork

Unless its an insane salary demand the brass had better offer a damn good reason to let Tasker walk.

ExPat

Luke Tasker ( He mentioned that this is his time to get the big contract of his career... 
Link?

bobo82

Larry Dean ( He is ranked as the top FREE agent remaining in the league ..We have a guy on our reserve list named Kavel Connor that could come in and replace him if needed)

Uh no . We don't at present have a guy named Kavel Conner on our reserve list or any other list for that matter .
We did have him on our PR for the better part of last season and he did I believe dress for a handful of games (3) as well but at present he is not listed on the off season roster and is currently not a member of our team . Now that's not to say that the team might end up re-signing him for this years TC but I wouldn't bet the ranch on that happening or that he will replace Dean if in fact he signs elsewhere .

Mr. Pike

Luke Tasker ( He mentioned that this is his time to get the big contract of his career...
Link?
On Nov 4th Tasker gave a end of season  interview  that was taped by Ticats TV , to find it ,  click on  the menu button then on  videos on the Ticats site and scroll down to Nov 4th interview.

of course

In addition to living close to Hamilton, another motivating factor for Tasker to re-sign here is his loyalty to Kent Austin (who, along with Sean Burke, is in charge of negotiating Ticat contracts; who coached Tasker in college; and who essentially brought Tasker to the CFL).

ExPat

Link?
On Nov 4th Tasker gave a end of season  interview  that was taped by Ticats TV , to find it ,  click on  the menu button then on  videos on the Ticats site and scroll down to Nov 4th interview.
Thanks.  Yeah, it sounds like Luke recognizes that these next few years will be his peak earnings years.  Probably hard for him to miss what happens to other guys like Dressler and Bowman when  they get much past 30.  What I heard is that it's his preference is to stay in Hamilton, but he wants to get paid what he's worth.

If the Ticats don't think he deserves to paid as a top tier receiver, I will be questioning their judgement.  I don't think there is anyone from our 2017 roster who could replace him.

schmenger

Laurant is overpriced. Tasker is a very good receiver but he is not in the  elite status. Dean is good however, they found him and I am sure they could find a similar calibre player at a reasonable price. However, SAM linebacker is the position that needs to be filed. The SAM is a hybrid linebacker and half back and defensive back. There may be other options that we are not aware of. Perhaps Austin has learned his lesson and will not overspend. 

probeyca02

IMO the Cats need Tasker, this guy catches almost anything close to him. This would be a huge loss if we can't sign him.

Grover

I am greedy, I want Tasker, Laurent, Dean, Prime and Shortill all re-signed

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Users Online

100 Guests, 27 Users (23 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
safetyblitz, BillyDee87, SeaFiddle, Chestmaster, FootbalYouBet, TravelPat1, CFL Pete, VICIOUSCIRCLE, DisplacedCatsFan, letsgoticats, MtnCat, Onemoredork, ticat1, Mightygoose, rshmglsky, guelphcatsfan, CFL in QC, ExPat, Augustus67, RedandWhite, sully, FenderGuy69, Allek, Google (AdSense) (13), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 167. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)