Krisiun

Casey Printers (who stunk with us) had the game of his life in a hostile environment and pulled off the OT win. Then he disappeared off the face of the earth. We were short a man on one of their OT drives.  I think that cost Belfaue his job. He and Glenn brought the team to the playoffs and then got turfed for Printers and Austin.  Then Printer's got turfed and we never one the big one!
Huh?  Bit of a mish-mashed timeline there.
??? Yeah no kidding. Marcel got fired after 2011. Printers was here in 2008. Austin came here in 2013.

heapbag

Probably not being mentioned because it wasn't at home and for the life of me I can't find on YouTube but the '99 EDF final in Montreal with the fake field goal?! to Joe Hagins was very important as it led to our last Grey Cup. 

I really wish to see that game again.

I didn't attend, but a friend of mine did who was nearly lobotomized with his Ti-Cat flagpole.

2ez

As a member of the younger generation, I think majority would choose the 2014 East Final versus the Alouettes aka the Brandon Banks Show.

"No way! Brandon Banks down the sidelines look out! There he goes! Not again!?!? It's a touchdown!"

*Deafening crowd noise from THF* 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Brandon Banks Show"

One of Black and Ford's best calls by far. 

I was in the stands that day, literally getting a lump in my throat and shivers as I remember it at 3am after just finishing my work...never felt Ivor Wynne or THF shake like that in my life, was just a crazy crazy crazy day in the Hammer and tension was REAL leading up to that last punt return. 

I say it all the time to people, but no matter what Banks will always be a legend in my mind for that day alone, and it'll always f***ing suck that the best ending in Grey Cup history was stolen on a penalty. 

Still I'll never forget that game until the day I die, the Cats were heading back to the Grey Cup and nothing else in the world mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZr62vNV10 

bobo82

Clements got jobbed on an intentional grounding call  iirc?
The "intentional grounding call" game occurred two seasons prior in 1979, in Clements second game as a starter for the Tiger-Cats. Funny thing, we were getting screwed by the CFL officials even way back then!!!
I remember that game way back in "79" . Sitting in the stands and watching fans throwing whatever they could and booing  the refs unmercifully after that ridiculous call . The Cats should have won that game and were definitely screwed by the refs on that play .

Okay and now for a little fun trivia from that game . I'm pretty sure that the mightypope can answer these correctly . Let's see how good his memory is 8) and everyone else's for that matter .

#1....Who was the intended receiver on that "intentional grounding call" ?
#2....What was the final score of the game ?
#3....The Cats went on a Winning streak after that controversial loss that got them into the play-offs . How many wins in a row did they reel off ? 
#4....Who was behind Clements on the depth chart as our 2nd string QB in that game ?
#5....Who was our kicker in that game ?
#6....Who was our RB/FB in that game ?
#7....What was the Cats record on the season going into that game ?
#8....What was the Eskimos record on the season going into that game ?

Okay , good luck to all and I'll post the correct answers later on today......that is if the pope hasn't already answered them all already !!!  ;D 

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Palmer

Geez Louise, I’m 0-8 on this one. :)

bobo82

Geez Louise, I’m 0-8 on this one. :)

LOL !!! Keep guessing  ;D

Here are a few clues to help you out  ;)

Clue to question #1...Who was the intended receiver on that "intentional grounding call" ?

here he is back then..........and here he is today.......

Clue to question #5...Who was our kicker in that game ?

Clue to question #6...Who was our RB/FB in that game ?

safetyblitz

Casey Printers (who stunk with us) had the game of his life in a hostile environment and pulled off the OT win. Then he disappeared off the face of the earth. We were short a man on one of their OT drives.  I think that cost Belfaue his job. He and Glenn brought the team to the playoffs and then got turfed for Printers and Austin.  Then Printer's got turfed and we never one the big one!
Huh?  Bit of a mish-mashed timeline there.
??? Yeah no kidding. Marcel got fired after 2011. Printers was here in 2008. Austin came here in 2013.

safetyblitz

Probably not being mentioned because it wasn't at home and for the life of me I can't find on YouTube but the '99 EDF final in Montreal with the fake field goal?! to Joe Hagins was very important as it led to our last Grey Cup.
I was living in Calgary at the time, and rode the C-Train to the West Final in my Ticats gear once the EDF was over. Talked to other CFL fans on the train who left home or bars further away before the EDF had ended who didn't realize the Cats had come back and won. :D

CFLFanMM

Thinking further about my post, above, I attended each those games that stand out for me, with the exception of the '83 final loss in Toronto.  I wish I'd thought to include an honourable mention for a loss, in the modern era, which I was at -- the 2015 East Final in Ottawa.  That was a very exciting game, with the TiCat underdogs, led by their backup QB, and yet managing to have a shocking victory right in their grasp until Gascon-Nadon dropped the easy interception that would have sealed the win on the play immediately before the Burris to Ellingson connection that would certainly make that game the answer to a question like this posed to Ottawa team fans. It's CFL strange that the Ottawa heroes that day were both, then, recent TiCats and the goat of the game joined the RBs as a free agent, a few months later.  
Yes I was at that game.    Burris to Ellingson amazing.   Memorable,  the stadium was shaking I've never heard as much noise when Ellingson crossed the goal line.  
Ticat fans that came on the bus from Hamilton were sneaking out of the stadium and miserable all the way back to Hamilton.  
Ottawa deserved that win after a 12 win season and Burris MOP and coming off a 1 win season

TheBreeze

Clements got jobbed on an intentional grounding call  iirc?
The "intentional grounding call" game occurred two seasons prior in 1979, in Clements second game as a starter for the Tiger-Cats. Funny thing, we were getting screwed by the CFL officials even way back then!!!
I remember that game way back in "79" . Sitting in the stands and watching fans throwing whatever they could and booing  the refs unmercifully after that ridiculous call . The Cats should have won that game and were definitely screwed by the refs on that play .

Okay and now for a little fun trivia from that game . I'm pretty sure that the mightypope can answer these correctly . Let's see how good his memory is 8) and everyone else's for that matter .

#3....The Cats went on a Winning streak after that controversial loss that got them into the play-offs . How many wins in a row did they reel off ?
#4....Who was behind Clements on the depth chart as our 2nd string QB in that game ?

Okay , good luck to all and I'll post the correct answers later on today......that is if the pope hasn't already answered them all already !!!  ;D
I remember the score was 22-0 to the Ticats at half time against a heavily favoured Eskimo team.
The intentional grounding would not be called under today's rules. Clements threw the ball from the end zone, about 50 yds downfield, in bounds. I think the intended receiver was Rock DiPietro, who may have turned into the field when Clements expected him to turn towards the sideline. It must go down as one of the most ridiculous calls in league history.

probeyca02

1989 against the Riders, to bad we lost that one, also 1986 was special as we won this one against the esk's. Also was there to watch this live. Both Grey Cup games.

bobo82

I remember that game way back in "79" . Sitting in the stands and watching fans throwing whatever they could and booing  the refs unmercifully after that ridiculous call . The Cats should have won that game and were definitely screwed by the refs on that play .

Okay and now for a little fun trivia from that game . I'm pretty sure that the mightypope can answer these correctly . Let's see how good his memory is 8) and everyone else's for that matter .

Okay , good luck to all and I'll post the correct answers later on today......that is if the pope hasn't already answered them all already !!!  ;D
And now for the answers to my little trivia quiz :

Edmonton @ Hamilton....Sun Sept 23 / 79 Amazingly the entire game can be found on Youtube . Go to around the 2:13:25 mark to see the play and how we got screwed over for a safety that ultimately cost us the game in what would've been the upset of the year if we would've won and handed the powerhouse Eskimos their 1rst loss of the season .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdH9WTkP5Lo

#1.....Craig Labbett
#2.....Edmonton 22 Hamilton 21
#3.....It was a 4 gm Winning streak (Tor/Tor/Calg/Ott)
#4.....Eddie Smith
#5.....Zenon Andrusyshyn
#6.....Ronnie Rowland/Neil Lumsden
#7.....2 wins 8 losses
#8.....8 wins 0 losses 2 ties

Gerbear20

Ticats favorite game .

A tie:

1986 Grey Cup when we upset the heavily favored eskimos 39-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1AOadU3ISY

1989 Grey Cup see saw battle where Austin at QB for Sask beat us 43-40 and Kerrigan was our Qb and it seemed liked who ever had the ball last would win. In that game Tony Chmapion made an outstanding TD catch

you can see the catch on this link from the 1989 grey cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9o3gFaco4

Users Online

57 Guests, 2 Users (18 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, ExPat, Yahoo!, Google (16), Baidu

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)