cats99

I forget the game and the year eastern final when Ozzie won it for us ! Was it 89 ?!
That was 98 and I was at that game. Epic.....
Sorry meant 98 👋 !!!

https://youtu.be/cLXRc94IEjU
It's goooood!!!!54 years!!!!
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

FormerlyTurkish

72 GC was special. BTW Dave Fleming was clearly out of bounds on the tying TD, which goes to show CFL refs have been bad a long time. There is a photo kicking around of the play somewhere. It may be the last time a call went our way.  Also any number of Labour day games with Leo Cahill as Argos coach.

-Hammer-

Tough call, I'd have to say the Eastern Final in 2013. After a gruelling season with Guelph weather, and a hellicious East Semi vs Montreal (where I hugged a complete stranger in joy and finally the other shoe dropped from the Als).

Apart from the fact it was a solid offensive game, the fact that the Ti-Cat fans went into Toronto and outnumbered the Argonaut fans 2-1 and returned to the Grey Cup after a long time was pretty awesome. I also got to see my favourite player, Marwan Hage lift the East Division trophy.

Just a shame it ended the way it did in Sask.

Note: This sig is not an attack on mpdid. He's an ok guy, for a Bombers fan.

stevehvh

If by "Greatest Ticat game" you mean greatest performance by a TiCat team or most satisfying victory as a TiCat fan I'd have a tough time choosing one from among four -- the '67 Grey Cup, the 2nd game of the '61 East Final which Teddy Fay posted about, the 2nd game of the '86 East Final which is the game Eagle was trying to put a year on in his post, and the '86 Grey Cup.

If you mean the most exciting (close) important game, in which a TiCat team was involved, I think I'd have to go with the '89 Grey Cup.  Another great one, which also ended in a defeat, this one aided by a terrible call by an official, was the '83 East Final.

The most recent of my choices, as perhaps being the greatest TiCat game ever, is from almost 30 years ago and I don't think there's been one, in the years since, to challenge any of the ones I've mentioned.
I'm with you. I'd add the 72 Grey Cup, because it was a really close game we won on the last play, and because I was there with my girlfriend (to whom I've been married for 42 years :)).
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Palmer

Teddy Fay is right, the 1961 East Final.  Hands down.  No way the Cats should have come back against Tobin Rote led Argos.  But they did.  When you list the Tiger-Cat greats, you list a lot of names from that team.

mightypope

Another forgotten great game, and probably the best one ever played in Ivor Wynne Stadium, was the 1981 Labour Day Classic against the dynasty Edmonton Eskimos, which ended in a 34-34 tie. I still can picture defensive back Harold Woods running back a fumble recovery almost 100 yards for a touchdown.

Krisiun

Two games come to mind.

First one is the 1981 Labour Day game against the Eskimos. That was a statement game by the Frank Kush led Tiger-Cats against the powerhouse Eskimos. You had Tom Clements vs Warren Moon and the game ended in a 34-34 tie. Totally epic.

The second game is the 1986 Grey Cup. The underdog Cats came out barnstorming and just gave a beating to Dunigan and the Esks. During the game Grover Covington was asked what they were doing defensively to shut down the Esks and he simply replied that "We want to win the Grey Cup...We just want it." That sums it up perfectly since the previous few years they made it to the Grey Cup with Marler and Brock but were unsuccessful. They were not to be denied in 1986. 8)

S J Riley

For me it was the 1986 Grey Cup game.
Big Ben kissing Harold Ballard on the cheek, as he was holding onto the Cup.
For those that don't remember...we crushed Edmonton, 39 to 15.

TheBreeze

Labour Day 2004
Troy Davis ran for 230 yds against the Arblows, including one TD where he leapt over both lines on short yardage and romped 30 yds to the end zone. The game ended tied 30-30
Ticats would have won, but for a questionable PI call on 3rd down in overtime.

Onemoredork

Another forgotten great game, and probably the best one ever played in Ivor Wynne Stadium, was the 1981 Labour Day Classic against the dynasty Edmonton Eskimos, which ended in a 34-34 tie. I still can picture defensive back Harold Woods running back a fumble recovery almost 100 yards for a touchdown.
This.
Place was electric. Felt like the franchise was going places and not the ham and egg teams of the recent past. City was responding.

Clements got jobbed on an intentional grounding call  iirc?

Crash

Let me put my mightypope hat on...

1996 Ticats at Argos. Dunigan vs Flutie at Skydome. Game finished 38-35 Ticats in an absolute shootout. My dad took me to the game because it wasn't on TV (which was a joke).
Dunigan threw 5 Tds and almost 400 yards. Osbaldiston bobbled a punt snap late in the game and took off for a 1st down which set up the game winning TD to Earl Winfield. Argos had a late chance at a very long FG that fell short.
That might have been the greatest Ticat team that never was... and the greatest game not on tv. Dunigan had Mac Cody, Grant and Phillips from The Birmingham Barracudas. 

Pope....correct me where I'm wrong! 

Welder

Let's see....

I was present for the 2nd game of the '86 playoffs against The Argonauts at Exhibition Stadium...I remember 13 buses leaving the Centre Mall...

I was present at Ivor Wynne stadium for the '92 Eastern Semi Final against Ottawa...If I remember correctly, we had to overcome a 15 point lead with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Don Macpherson coming off the bench and Ozzie kicking the game winning FG in the snow....

I was present at Ivor Wynne Stadium in '98 where we gave up a huge lead only to have Ozzy boot a 54 yarder with no time left to win it...The place went nuts!!!!

Toss up...I can't pick one...
"I did not mean that conservatives were generally stupid; I meant that stupid persons are generally conservative."  John Stuart Mill

PatLynch

Teddy Fay is right, the 1961 East Final.  Hands down.  No way the Cats should have come back against Tobin Rote led Argos.  But they did.  When you list the Tiger-Cat greats, you list a lot of names from that team.

I agree with Teddy Fay and Palmer . There have been many great games but the 1961 TiCat/Argo  game in Hamilton could never be duplicated !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

DisplacedCatsFan

1989 Grey Cup (The Catch).
1998 EDF.
LDC (can't remember the year) vs the blew "super" team - Flutie, Ismael, etc.  Lee knight ran all over the blew team defence.  We clobbered them...

Runner up (non-Ticat) 1996 GC EDM vs blew team.  Second-best game I ever attended, after the 1989 GC...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

Espo

Obvious pick for me, but have a slightly different take on the question....  

If it had been a 'no-yards' flag instead of an 'illegal block' flag on the last play of the 2015 Grey Cup....  would anyone say anything other than that game?

Is that the most exciting game ever at that point?   

3.  2015 EDF Banks return TD, crazy game.  loved every second of it.

2.  2004 Labour Day.  Troy Davis running all over the argos, (fairly certain that was ABIII's first game for the blew team as well)  was so disappointed in the tie at the time...  still such an exciting game.

1.  1998 East Final.  
Ozzie's Kick.
Was sitting on the opposite 5 yard line, had my walkman on 900CHML, so I knew it was good, ever so slightly before the rest of my section.  Crisp air, surrounded by family, honestly don't remember the first 3 quarters anymore.
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Users Online

117 Guests, 17 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Mark, KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)