blackandgld

Sorry for starting a thread at this point in the season on this but i came across the Youtube of the 1989 Grey Cup that i had the honor of attending live. Watching this brought back awesome memories. How quickly Kerrigan got rid of the ball on every throw, Tony Champion with 2 TDs with broken ribs including the best clutch catch ever on third down with 44 seconds left that tied the game at 40-40.
Earl Winfield, Derrick McAdoo, Rocky, Ozzie all were awesome and on full display in this game.
Some familiar old faces on Sask too. Austin QB, Richie Hall and Glenn Suitor DBs. A real classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKizlug2zbY

https://www.cfl.ca/2008/10/31/the-story-of-the-1989-grey-cup/

schmenger

Not 100% sure of the circumstances but the Hamilton vs Montreal semi final a few years back where Kevin Glenn lit the Allwets up. A great back and forth game where Hamilton won.

safetyblitz

Not 100% sure of the circumstances but the Hamilton vs Montreal semi final a few years back where Kevin Glenn lit the Allwets up. A great back and forth game where Hamilton won.
2011 East semifinal in the big O. This was a great game, and Glenn's last great performance as a Ticat. He was traded along with a lineman and a conditional draft pick for Burris in the off-season after the Cats fizzled in the East final at Winnipeg. That Montreal game was also Bakari Grant's breakout game.

This was also the game were Dave Stala said the F-word on live TV (bleeped in the video below) as he dedicated his touchdown catch from Quinton Porter to cancer patient Jake Rayner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2CToqeEMs

blackandgld

And the eastern final saw Glenn get injured early in the second half and the Cats could not recover from this.

Onemoredork

Sept 15 2007. Vs Bombers

Jojo Walker takes missed FG deep in endzone. Takes ball a foot over the goaline then runs back into endzone and stripped of ball for TD.

I think about it every day

Eagle

Sorry for starting a thread at this point in the season on this but i came across the Youtube of the 1989 Grey Cup that i had the honor of attending live. Watching this brought back awesome memories. How quickly Kerrigan got rid of the ball on every throw, Tony Champion with 2 TDs with broken ribs including the best clutch catch ever on third down with 44 seconds left that tied the game at 40-40.
Earl Winfield, Derrick McAdoo, Rocky, Ozzie all were awesome and on full display in this game.
Some familiar old faces on Sask too. Austin QB, Richie Hall and Glenn Suitor DBs. A real classic.

2 of them come to mind:

1)  1972 Grey Cup, starring Chuck Eally.
2)  don't remember the year, but it was when they had a 2-game series - most points wins. We played Toronto, and lost badly in game #1.
Then in game #2, we had to score 30+ points ( I think ), and won. Believe Kerrigan was QB in that one, too.

The  Eagle  ---  8) 8) 8)

TeddyFay

Consider what had to be Faloney's greatest moment (thought technically it didn't count). In the 1961 Eastern Final, a two-game total-points affair between Hamilton and Toronto, the Argos, led by Tobin Rote, arrived for the second game at was then called Civic Stadium with a comfortable 25-7 lead.

The Tiger Cats roared back at home, eventually tying the series 27-27. But, with a little more than a minute left, the Argos intercepted a Faloney pass at Hamilton's 35-yard line. Toronto was blessed with one of the greatest punters to ever play the game, Dave Mann and so the ending seemed automatic. On the game's last play, Mann attempted to boot the ball through the end zone for the winning single. But he couldn't hit it far enough. Don Sutherin, the Hamilton kicker, fielded the ball behing the goal line and kicked it out. Mann caught that punt, and kicked it back in.

The ball landed in Faloney's hands and in one of the most memorable broken-field runs in football history, he scampered 120 yards for a touchdown. It was called back, in those days there was no blocking on punt returns allowed in the CFL and a whole bunch of them where thrown by his overzealous teammates. Nevertheless, right prevailed in the end, as the Ticats scored four touchdowns in overtime to advance to the Grey Cup.

cats99

I was at that game also! With my girlfriend and her parents ! What a game I'll never forget it 

Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

cats99

I forget the game and the year eastern final when Ozzie won it for us ! Was it 89 ?!

schmenger

Against the Allwets.  I believe it was a 54 yard field goal through the east goal posts. The Allwets coach Dave Richie was on his hands and knees in disbelief. 

tcmike

I forget the game and the year eastern final when Ozzie won it for us ! Was it 89 ?!
That was 98 and I was at that game. Epic.....
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

blackandgld

There was a light dusting of snow in the air. I remember watching that kick as it seemed to hang in the air forever. Ozzy was the best clutch kicker that i have ever seen!

NZFan

I was there and it was one for the ages...'72 GC, 'nuff said.  :)

ottawacat

If by "Greatest Ticat game" you mean greatest performance by a TiCat team or most satisfying victory as a TiCat fan I'd have a tough time choosing one from among four -- the '67 Grey Cup, the 2nd game of the '61 East Final which Teddy Fay posted about, the 2nd game of the '86 East Final which is the game Eagle was trying to put a year on in his post, and the '86 Grey Cup.

If you mean the most exciting (close) important game, in which a TiCat team was involved, I think I'd have to go with the '89 Grey Cup.  Another great one, which also ended in a defeat, this one aided by a terrible call by an official, was the '83 East Final.

The most recent of my choices, as perhaps being the greatest TiCat game ever, is from almost 30 years ago and I don't think there's been one, in the years since, to challenge any of the ones I've mentioned. 

ottawacat

Thinking further about my post, above, I attended each those games that stand out for me, with the exception of the '83 final loss in Toronto.  I wish I'd thought to include an honourable mention for a loss, in the modern era, which I was at -- the 2015 East Final in Ottawa.  That was a very exciting game, with the TiCat underdogs, led by their backup QB, and yet managing to have a shocking victory right in their grasp until Gascon-Nadon dropped the easy interception that would have sealed the win on the play immediately before the Burris to Ellingson connection that would certainly make that game the answer to a question like this posed to Ottawa team fans. It's CFL strange that the Ottawa heroes that day were both, then, recent TiCats and the goat of the game joined the RBs as a free agent, a few months later.   

Users Online

111 Guests, 14 Users (12 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, The Last Word, 15_championships, KevinRiley2, idealsheldon, nopa, bobo82, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)