my home team

^If that's the case he was told by Austin.  June seems to be distancing himself from any considerations of the contract and trade implications.  Actually he seems to distance himself from anything other than football decisions.  I kind of like having a coach that's just a coach.  He seems less stressed out than Austin ever was.
June Jones is focused on being the head coach. He's not being paid to be the GM.

As the Rock would say...."know your role".

Slomojo2005

I have a sneaking feeling that we will see Zack at some point this year, before season end.  Will then get answers instead of a whole bunch of guesses/presumptions etc.

my home team

I have a sneaking feeling that we will see Zack at some point this year, before season end.  Will then get answers instead of a whole bunch of guesses/presumptions etc.
That's just it. No one knows if Zach has lost it.

Except for those who see him work out every day...coaches, teammates....

I refuse to believe that he is not the same quarterback that we saw for the first half of 2015.

Until such time that we can witness for ourselves his game time performances, with this current offense, it is indeed speculation, at best.

Crash

I refuse to believe that he is not the same quarterback that we saw for the first half of 2015.

Until such time that we can witness for ourselves his game time performances, with this current offense, it is indeed speculation, at best.
As much as I've been saying the same thing since the change, im starting to believe Zach wouldn't fit in this current scheme. The last 2-3 games we have relied heavily on the read-option. Im not sure Zach would hold up taking those hits. Masoli is thick, built strong and can take the hits. Better off finding a backup that plays the same way. Zach is a passer - he can move around the pocket and roll out - has a stronger arm than Masoli and can throw down field better. Don't misinterpret, Masoli is the better RUNNER, Zach is the better passer on the move.

Unfortunately we don't do those things. Last week 25 of 33 passes were LESS THAN 10 yards. (Source - Marshall Ferguson's QB spray chart) You don't pay a QB 500k to throw screen passes and balls less than 10 yards.

If we are going to continue down this path heading into next year than Zach likely wont be part of the team, we're better off paying Masoli a little bit more to be a system guy. Throw your 5 yard passes and take off when its there.

my home team

As much as I've been saying the same thing since the change, im starting to believe Zach wouldn't fit in this current scheme. The last 2-3 games we have relied heavily on the read-option. Im not sure Zach would hold up taking those hits. Masoli is thick, built strong and can take the hits. Better off finding a backup that plays the same way. Zach is a passer - he can move around the pocket and roll out - has a stronger arm than Masoli and can throw down field better. Don't misinterpret, Masoli is the better RUNNER, Zach is the better passer on the move.

Unfortunately we don't do those things. Last week 25 of 33 passes were LESS THAN 10 yards. (Source - Marshall Ferguson's QB spray chart) You don't pay a QB 500k to throw screen passes and balls less than 10 yards.

If we are going to continue down this path heading into next year than Zach likely wont be part of the team, we're better off paying Masoli a little bit more to be a system guy. Throw your 5 yard passes and take off when its there.
I hear you, Crash.

But whose to say that Jones isn't tailoring the offense slightly to take advantage of Masoli's talents and to make life easier for the Oline, especially with the shorter passes.

Perhaps, when Zach gets his time,  there may be similar tinkering.

Just a suggestion.

And let's not forget that Collaros had similar mobility earlier here and in Toronto. Whether that aspect has been put aside because of injury concerns or for scheming, not sure.

I'm still believing, although it's diminished, that Zach will be a Tiger cat going into next season.

But, please don't bet the mortgage on it!!!

tabbiefanmcb

Since being injured Zac has turned into a pocket passer...
Forgot how to scramble out of the pocket and NO longer runs.
You must have missed some games then because I KNOW I watched Collaros run for some FDs.  He is NOT a Ricky Ray by a long shot and LIKES to make plays with his feet! I wish that Jones had put him in for at least a couple of drives tonight when Masoli kept overthrowing the receivers! I doubt they would have done any worse and might have even managed to win the game! 

ExPat

tabbiefanmcb:  I thought maybe Killer91 would revive this thread for the Calgary game.  Surely the original question is just as valid after a loss.

Crash

tabbiefanmcb:  I thought maybe Killer91 would revive this thread for the Calgary game.  Surely the original question is just as valid after a loss.
To quote Marshall Ferguson "with Masoli you have to accept that at times he can't hit the broad side of a barn. It's who he is. You have to accept that." 

tabbiefanmcb

tabbiefanmcb:  I thought maybe Killer91 would revive this thread for the Calgary game.  Surely the original question is just as valid after a loss.
Agree!  Masoli can be too inconsistent, Zach IMO is generally a better decision maker most of the time and definitely more accurate passer.  They needed that tonight at times!  I think only one of those incomplete passes might be pinned on a receiver - the rest were just less than accurate throws by JM.

tabbiefanmcb

To quote Marshall Ferguson "with Masoli you have to accept that at times he can't hit the broad side of a barn. It's who he is. You have to accept that."
Yup I heard that comment.  Marsh also said that at times he's really accurate.  Problem is with the position the Ticats are in, they can't afford to exclusively play a QB who at times "can't hit the broad side of a barn"!  Wins are too crucial right  now.  Had they managed to stump the Stamps then they wouldn't be hanging on tenterhooks (nor would the fan base) hoping that the Greenies can put away the OTTRBs (so far so good though!)

6ft6ofgoodness

Our Cats would have won because his throws are more accurate.  Plus I would have hoped they wouldn't called a pass play on 3rd and 1 from their 4 yard line.

Killer91

To quote who?...The ex Mac back up quarterback. What ever he says must be true.  He should get rid of his side kick Louis B and take over the cats offence then!  Marsh and Louis B are true football genious with all their years of wisdom and experience. How bout "No Guy!"

FootbalYouBet

The lions can only hope that Jennings returns to his former self, and same with ticats re Collaros.

Masoli will never be as good as Zach was.  The best he can hope for is a Kevin Glenn type career.

Ticats need better.  I be hoping for old Zach to return.
Live well and please God

FYB has left the building

Espo

To quote who?...The ex Mac back up quarterback. What ever he says must be true.  He should get rid of his side kick Louis B and take over the cats offence then!  Marsh and Louis B are true football genious with all their years of wisdom and experience. How bout "No Guy!"
to quote the collective fans in the stands at THF then:  "holy f*ck Masoli who was that supposed to be thrown to?"
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Crash

To quote who?...The ex Mac back up quarterback. What ever he says must be true.  He should get rid of his side kick Louis B and take over the cats offence then!  Marsh and Louis B are true football genious with all their years of wisdom and experience. How bout "No Guy!"
He studies more film in a week than you have in your life. He does analytics and has some serious stats to back up his claims.

And when your qb is a notorious 50% an that missed wide open receivers on a regular basis... I'd say he's bang on.

Masoli isn't in there for his accuracy. He's not even in there for his arm.

This isn't about Masoli vs Collaros anymore.... it's about evaluating our starting QB. Your boy is in there now. He better be prepared to take some heat.

Users Online

114 Guests, 6 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Gerbear20, Johnny Ticat slayer, ed ohmnes, dcmoses, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 169. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)