Riggins

I'm fine with June Jones making the decision on who starts at quarterback because he went with the guy he felt best suited to run his offense and the team has gone 4-2 since that decision was made.  

catfish

Zach has to be very patient like Masoli was and he'll get his chance again, ;)

Crash

Nah. He will just get his change next year somewhere else.

Espo

Writing is kinda on the wall when you're up three scores with a minute and a half left and you don't see the backup QB come in...   not sure whats going through Jones's head there
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

safetyblitz

Writing is kinda on the wall when you're up three scores with a minute and a half left and you don't see the backup QB come in...   not sure whats going through Jones's head there
He was thinking that the trade deadline is Tuesday, and if a starting QB were to be injured in any of the subsequent 3 games this weekend, the Ticats would have way more leverage in a potential Collaros trade. Any such potential leverage wouldn't be able to materialize if Collaros suffered a season-ending injury in garbage time against Winnipeg.

Riggins

^If that's the case he was told by Austin.  June seems to be distancing himself from any considerations of the contract and trade implications.  Actually he seems to distance himself from anything other than football decisions.  I kind of like having a coach that's just a coach.  He seems less stressed out than Austin ever was.

vjcos

I would think he would perform better than Masoli has with the improved offensive play around him, that's why I've been pushing for him to get an opportunity.  But I'm not 100% either.  However I want to know either way before whether the team decides to move on from him or not.

I don't want the same mistake that was made with Calvillo some 20 years ago, or for Zach to added to the list of former Ticats players that have helped other teams and have come back to haunt us over the last few years.
IMHO, I think Zach is done . Why would  he want to be here. Most Pro Athletes have a huge Ego.
I think Collaros' Ego will never recover.
To bad because I don't think he was given the best tools to work with after his Injury and the Cats reputation for treating Veterans the way they do is shameful they should take a page from Calgarys book on how to build and maintain a good team.

Crash

I would think he would perform better than Masoli has with the improved offensive play around him, that's why I've been pushing for him to get an opportunity.  But I'm not 100% either.  However I want to know either way before whether the team decides to move on from him or not.

I don't want the same mistake that was made with Calvillo some 20 years ago, or for Zach to added to the list of former Ticats players that have helped other teams and have come back to haunt us over the last few years.
IMHO, I think Zach is done . Why would  he want to be here. Most Pro Athletes have a huge Ego.
I think Collaros' Ego will never recover.
To bad because I don't think he was given the best tools to work with after his Injury and the Cats reputation for treating Veterans the way they do is shameful they should take a page from Calgarys book on how to build and maintain a good team.
Couldn't disagree more. Collaros is a fighter and a scrapper. I remember his interviews when we were winning and he struck me and the perfect fit for this city.
Then as this city does so often the fanbase turned on him. Failed to see the problems were with the organization and not entirely him. But I get it, 12 in a row is what it is. 
Zach would love nothing more than another shot with Trestman and Condell. 
When and if that happens? Look out.

Count Floyd

I agree.  If Collaros goes to Toronto, we'll be eating that crow for years.

stevehvh

I think ZC won't be playing in Hamilton next year. Wherever he goes, I wish him well. Regardless how he does elsewhere, we won't be eating crow at all. We make a decision, we move forward. That's the way it goes.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Palmer

Was it Charlie Brown?:  Worrying about what might or might not happen in the future only stops you from enjoying what is happening now.

Krisiun

Since being injured Zac has turned into a pocket passer...
Forgot how to scramble out of the pocket and NO longer runs.
That is most likely the reason he is on the bench. The Run and Shoot offence that June Jones runs seems to work better with mobile QBs instead of pocket passers. I think Zach would have been fine in this offence prior to the ACL injury but not anymore.

Zach would do well in Trestman's offence. Neither Calvillo or Ray can run yet they still excelled.

stevehvh

I'm fine with June Jones making the decision on who starts at quarterback because he went with the guy he felt best suited to run his offense and the team has gone 4-2 since that decision was made.  
I'm fine with the coach making the decision who starts because it's his job to do so. I would not be fine with anyone else making it. I think he would not be either, and would not stay in the job on such terms.

my home team

Writing is kinda on the wall when you're up three scores with a minute and a half left and you don't see the backup QB come in...   not sure whats going through Jones's head there
His new starter (Masoli) needs all the reps he can get with this offense.

Jones' focus is on the IMMEDIATE future and with a playoff spot as his goal. I can understand that.

Espo

His new starter (Masoli) needs all the reps he can get with this offense.

Jones' focus is on the IMMEDIATE future and with a playoff spot as his goal. I can understand that.
yep, those two handoffs were huge for Masoli's confidence...  smh...

Users Online

114 Guests, 16 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, Mark, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)