Slomojo2005

+ We are 16-time Grey Cup Champions, including of course this 2018 season, where we are as yet undefeated.  

You just jynxed the team  :o
So I'm not going to dis-respect the 2018 Tiger-Cats by even implying they are not fully capable of winning the Grey Cup.  :)
I wouldn't expect you too. And I never said or implied you should.
And those 2 quotes where not even the same.
But I'm oldschool superstitious type of a fan and you just announced them as the champions before the season even started ..that's bad ju ju
;)
Ridiculous.  And you don’t walk under a ladder.  And you don’t let a black cat cross your path. And you don’t and you dont and you don’t!! Do you actually live life?  

Mark

I have followed this forum since 2017 when Johnny tried to get on with the team. I am Texas A&M Class of 1987 which explains the interest in all things Johnny.  I love college and NFL football and have a place in my heart for Johnny as a redemption story.  I feel JFF (as we affectionately call him) will win over some Canadians after he has a chance to acclimate, learn the playbook, and bond with the team.  Key to his mental health is Bre Tiesi-Manziel.  She has done wonders.  So keep and eye on that relationship for the next two years.  Right now, it is looking pretty good for Hamilton to have a great run regardless if Masoli or JFF are starting.  June Jones knows what he is doing....I’ve followed his career for years as well.  

I convinced the wife to let us travel to Hamilton on June 29th for the Friday night game.  It was a good excuse to get back to your beautiful Country!  

Mostly, thank you for the warm welcome!!! We CFL rookies from the good ol’ USA won’t let you down!! :-)
Welcome.  As a transplanted New Yorker, I love Canada and the CFL. Have a great time here.

tabbiefan72

Welcome to Augustus and Aggie!  I've been a long time fan although I've followed the team more closely in the past 10 years.  I frequently post on the forums during the season - not so much in the offseason.   Recently got a new computer and couldn't remember all the details of my account so had to register again so I may look like a "newbie" poster on here but really I'm not! :D

I hope that you enjoy the Canadian version of gridiron football which has it's own quirks and unique style.  For a long time I wouldn't even think about watching American football but I have changed my tune and watch some NCAA - more the bowl games - and NFL.  It's interesting to see the differences in the games.  

safetyblitz

+ We are 16-time Grey Cup Champions, including of course this 2018 season, where we are as yet undefeated.  

You just jynxed the team  :o
DAWG,
Interesting story:  
I was talking to a great Head Coach a couple of years ago and he said something very similar to: his team was going to win the Grey Cup.   When I challenged him on this with the thought that he was tempting the football gods with stating such a bold prediction he did not hesitate in his response.
He insisted that he, his coaching staff, and his players were working much too hard to dis-respect their hard work with false modesty.  
He insisted that a big part of his success was to set a big ambitious goal and to align all the tasks necessary to achieve that goal, and to recruit and train all the players and coaches capable of excelling at those tasks, and if everyone executed to the best of their ability success was assured.
So I'm not going to dis-respect the 2018 Tiger-Cats by even implying they are not fully capable of winning the Grey Cup.  :)
Nothing wrong with setting the bar high. Besides, we all know the jinx was caused by the 2005 logo change. ;-)

Augustus67

Welcome to Augustus and Aggie!  I've been a long time fan although I've followed the team more closely in the past 10 years.  I frequently post on the forums during the season - not so much in the offseason.   Recently got a new computer and couldn't remember all the details of my account so had to register again so I may look like a "newbie" poster on here but really I'm not! :D

I hope that you enjoy the Canadian version of gridiron football which has it's own quirks and unique style.  For a long time I wouldn't even think about watching American football but I have changed my tune and watch some NCAA - more the bowl games - and NFL.  It's interesting to see the differences in the games.  
Thanks tabbiefan72! Glad to be here!!

Aggie_87

Yes Tabbiefan72, thanks for the warm welcome!  I did buy tickets for the game on Friday night June 29th....will enjoy it regardless of which QB starts that evening!

kfan

AGGIE:
Remember we have stricter gun control up here.  Absolutely no handguns, no matter what kind of permit you have.

We don't want you to have a bad experience entering Canada spoil the week end
Be who you are
Say what you feel
Those that matter don't mind
Those that mind don't matter

safetyblitz

AGGIE:
Remember we have stricter gun control up here.  Absolutely no handguns, no matter what kind of permit you have.

We don't want you to have a bad experience entering Canada spoil the week end
To be clear, legal handgun ownership is a thing in Canada, but the rules are very restrictive.

Transporting a long gun into Canada if you're legitimately coming here to hunt is pretty straightforward as long as you do your homework on the required paperwork ahead of time and play by the rules, but handguns are a completely different story.

And if you try to bring any firearm into Canada without declaring it, you're asking for big trouble.

kfan

AGGIE: 

Damn, I forgot to welcome you to the country.  Hope your stay is enjoyable and that you get to see a few sights.

Aggie_87

I guess the assumption is that since I live in Texas (not from Texas originally) I’ll Show up at the Toronto airport packing heat and looking to break the rules up North.  LOL

To put everyone at ease, I don’t own a gun and likely never will....and we will definitely be respectful to everyone as highest priority. I have been to Canada many times and love the Country and the people.  It will be a great pleasure to meet some Hamilton Ti-Cat fans while we are there, since we have never been to Hamilton!

safetyblitz

To put everyone at ease, I don’t own a gun and likely never will
For what it's worth, I'm also picturing you wearing a bolo tie and an oversized Stetson. Now excuse me while I go wipe all this maple syrup off my fingers and chase that pesky moose away from my igloo, eh? ;-)

Mark

To put everyone at ease, I don’t own a gun and likely never will
For what it's worth, I'm also picturing you wearing a bolo tie and an oversized Stetson. Now excuse me while I go wipe all this maple syrup off my fingers and chase that pesky moose away from my igloo, eh? ;-)
And the mods had the temerity to wipe all the prior cultural discussions from the threads.  :-)   

canadianfootballfan

Canada has one of the highest guns per household/per capita in the world, but the difference up here is that virtually all of them are hunting rifles and shotguns.  ie. not concealable weapons.

In Canada you can't even legally defend yourself with a knife, let alone a gun.  Only if you can prove they were trying to kill you.  Fists are your only legal weapon here, and only in self defense.

carpe vinum

Thank you for the welcome.
Summer usually means a dead period for Aggie sports fans.
Football and Basketball are long over so just recruiting coverage for next season(s).
Baseball will be over sooner or later, depending.

Thousands of Texas sports fans will be first time Ticat fans this summer.

Here's to a remarkable season for us all. :D

safetyblitz

Summer usually means a dead period for Aggie sports fans.
Football and Basketball are long over so just recruiting coverage for next season(s).
Baseball will be over sooner or later, depending.
That lull is part of the reason the CFL attempted to expand into the US in the mid-90s, including a short-lived team in San Antonio. Ultimately the experiment failed, and one of the US teams moved to Canada (becoming today's incarnation of the Montreal Alouettes) while the others all folded.

Users Online

64 Guests, 2 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
slowhand, ExPat, Google (AdSense), Google (10), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)