Grover

steve milton‏ 
@miltonatthespec
 35m35 minutes ago
Vernon Adams jr. is still with #Ticats.  June Jones: "We had a couple of deals going. The agent talked to both of them and it didn't work out. I had a good text conversation (with Adams). He’s a real pro. #CFL

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ottawacat

steve milton
@miltonatthespec

35m35 minutes ago
Vernon Adams jr. is still with #Ticats.  June Jones: "We had a couple of deals going. The agent talked to both of them and it didn't work out. I had a good text conversation (with Adams). He’s a real pro. #CFL
Does the "text conversation" comment mean Adams has gone home?  
Sounds perhaps like he's "with the team," but really isn't with the team.
How long will the club pay him, hoping for an injury on a another team that will perhaps lead to a deal?

canadianfootballfan

steve milton
@miltonatthespec

35m35 minutes ago
Sounds perhaps like he's "with the team," but really isn't with the team.
How long will the club pay him, hoping for an injury on a another team that will perhaps lead to a deal?
It's pretty standard to keep 4 around - with the 4th on injured reserve.  Maybe they will ask him to restructure and keep him if he does.  Evans has a better arm, but Adams is more experienced.  I think the main issue with Adams is that he makes too much for a 3rd or 4th, and not that they don't believe in his talent.

ExPat

Apparently it's how all the kids communicate these days.

canadianfootballfan

Even a fast phone typer will take about 10x longer to text what they could just say in a call.  I don't get it.  I have a modern cell, but mostly use the phone app over the texting app.

mysecondname

Interpersonal floundering, as texting flourishing. Social skills regressing in all ages.  
**********Owning a drone does not make one a pilot**********

Lennywasout

Hilarious 👍👍

TheCrazyCatLady

Even a fast phone typer will take about 10x longer to text what they could just say in a call.  I don't get it.  I have a modern cell, but mostly use the phone app over the texting app.
I’m someone who prefers texting (or even email) over phone calls. My main reason is that I don’t want to interrupt someone or be interrupted. I hate when I’m in the middle of something (cooking, driving, at work, grocery shopping, etc) and someone calls me. I rarely pick up. A text or email allows me to respond when I’m not busy. Yes, you could leave a phone message and I could call back, but then what if you’re busy? Suddenly, you’re playing an annoying game of “phone tag”. 

My fiancé hated when people would call because he worked nights and was sleeping during the day. He used to be woken up all the time with calls. No matter how many times he told the callers (sometimes telemarketers, sometimes family) that he sleeps until 5pm, he’d still get calls. Not everyone is on the same schedule. 

smogmonster

^^^^^^^^^

*. Note to fiancé....  turn the on/off switch to the o-f-f position.  Problem solved.

I would take a call over a text any day.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Tipper

8) I agree, as far as this phone vs texting issue !!  I will use the phone and call also !!

safetyblitz

In addition to the point already made that texting avoids "phone tag", it also has the benefit that it allows you to send a message without broadcasting the same message to everyone within earshot. This has the benefits of keeping sensitive information between the parties (something that might be useful to a coach) and avoiding disturbing others (it used to be common to have people on transit literally "talking" on their phones constantly, and it was annoying as hell, in part because you can't tune out just one side of a conversation as easily as you can tune out a full conversation). That doesn't mean there aren't circumstances where a traditional voice call is more appropriate, but blanket dismissals of the usefulness of texting are silly. Of course, texting comes with social problems of its own (people giving attention to their phone when they ought to be more focused on people or events in the same physical space).

PatLynch

Our phone is on the kitchen wall . It has about 2 feet of cord for your listening pleasure . If it rings at 11 o'clock at night, then Granny must be dead !

Pat Lynch (the really old guy)

Hank01

Texting once I learned it properly and had a proper phone I found it was a far better tool to communicate without interrupting the other person or getting into unnecessary talk especially if busy . It gives a better precise message that can be used for reference like directions and time etc ....

The drawback of course is auto correct and tone which directs the reader away from the intended message .

The miscommunication without proof reading can be funny or plain humiliating .

When you call for direct voice to voice now it's for a honest conversation that is way too long to ever text .

Facetime etc. .... is even better it's free and you can see the person just like they are  standing in front of you . The draw back is if you don't check yourself to see what you look like before going on screen it may again cause you unnecessary embarrassment like not proof reading your text  .

Always see FaceTime ,Skype etc .as appointment dialing and most likely used for people either dating or kids or grandkids etc. ... to stay in touch . It is wonderful advancement in technology .

Grover

Coach Jones said at his presser that Vernon will be at practice today.

ExPat

Coach Jones said at his presser that Vernon will be at practice today.
Must be awkward.  Hanging around with the team, but not practicing with the QBs (per your other thread).

I assume we plan to bring in another QB to sit on the practice roster, as per standard CFL practice?

One injury away from having a combined "zero" regular season CFL snaps on our entire active QB roster.  Leaving us only slightly behind Winnipeg, I suppose.

Users Online

63 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
slowhand, Google (AdSense), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)