ottawacat

I don't mind Jones being open and upfront but that is just plain bad business mentioning the 2 teams that are showing interest in Vernon.
He could have left it as 2 teams are interested PERIOD.
Now potentially another team needs to do a bit of damage control that their team was kicking tires for QB depth.

A vet coach should know much better than this.
I agree.  And, Grover's post that Coach Jones says the deal is done and that it's up to Adams and his agent whether he goes to EDM or MTL tells me that the return, from either team, will be a 2019, same round, draft pick. 

Palmer

How about Adams to Montreal for Bomben?  Now that would be a blockbuster!  Everybody going home.

mysecondname

I don't mind Jones being open and upfront but that is just plain bad business mentioning the 2 teams that are showing interest in Vernon.
He could have left it as 2 teams are interested PERIOD.
Now potentially another team needs to do a bit of damage control that their team was kicking tires for QB depth.

A vet coach should know much better than this.
I agree.  And, Grover's post that Coach Jones says the deal is done and that it's up to Adams and his agent whether he goes to EDM or MTL tells me that the return, from either team, will be a 2019, same round, draft pick.
I see no damage control needed. Just maybe what is going down will involve all 3 teams? But the paper route to move Adams to his final destination is yet determined. The biggest question mark is what are the cats getting? 
**********Owning a drone does not make one a pilot**********

Count Floyd

How about Adams to Montreal for Bomben?  Now that would be a blockbuster!  Everybody going home.
Why not Trey Rutherford?  ;D

Grover

Rick Moffat‏ 
@RickMoffat
 5m5 minutes ago
Hearing interest cooling on part of #Alouettes #Eskimos in #VernonAdams sweepstakes. Your move, Winnipeg.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ExPat

It would be fun to play poker against Coach Jones. 

habcat

It would be fun to play poker against Coach Jones.
and lucrative!

ottawacat

IMO, EDM wouldn't be the best spot to send Adams.
The Cats would get a draft pick in exchange for the guy who, not long ago, we were excited to have as our backup QB plus his head-full of the HAM playbook two weeks before the TiCats play there.

joe

Guessing it was Adams asking to be traded and Jones agreeing to accommodate him that started the ball rolling on this rumour. 

Not sure anyone will trade but he won't be unemployed long if they end up cutting him.

HfxTC

Guessing it was Adams asking to be traded and Jones agreeing to accommodate him that started the ball rolling on this rumour.

Not sure anyone will trade but he won't be unemployed long if they end up cutting him.
If Adams plan is to get out of his contract, Tillman might as well dress him as #3 until he can get a return. Still a week to training camp and some teams are already in QB trouble.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

joe

If Adams plan is to get out of his contract, Tillman might as well dress him as #3 until he can get a return. Still a week to training camp and some teams are already in QB trouble.
Don't think it would be contract that he has an issue with but being bumped down the depth chart with no hope of seeing the field that may be the problem.

Like June Jones said, "things change quickly in the CFL"

Grover

I thought he said things change quickly??

Hank01

With Jones proclamation my feeling was that a deal was already done . 

With Nichols out for awhile I thought it would be automatic with Winnipeg but with Montreal's new coach they might give Adams a second shot with a different system .

Palmer

Keep him until after the week-end games, if possible, given the cut-down roster allotments.  Never know what can happen, to make him suddenly more valuable.  

Either that, or he has been over-rated and other teams are not offering a player of immediate use to the Cats?

letsgoticats

Keep him until after the week-end games, if possible, given the cut-down roster allotments.  Never know what can happen, to make him suddenly more valuable.  

Either that, or he has been over-rated and other teams are not offering a player of immediate use to the Cats?
With the way trades in the CFL typically work, I don't think we can expect a player of immediate use.  We'll get back a draft pick/neg lists rights/depth Canadians that don't play, similar to the Gable and Chick trades in the past.  

Users Online

51 Guests, 6 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark7, StormRider1, jonny24eh, FootbalYouBet, ExPat, Google (AdSense), Google (6), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)