Slomojo2005

Matthew Scianitti‏Verified account
@TSNScianitti

17m17 minutes ago
@TSN_LouisB spotted something interesting on the #Ticats minicamp roster. It’s like they’re saving the No.2 for somebody. Wonder who...  duh duh duh #CFL

Well we know #10 is retired...#2 HMMMMMMM
No 83 either. I hope that is a positive sign.

I saw Coleman at the camp - but he was not participating physically - so my guess is he was not medically cleared to take part.

I think 82 is a long shot to make the team - based solely on his last name - Riles. :o ;D
#83 I’m with you Mike!  

bobo82

@TSNScianitti

17m17 minutes ago
@TSN_LouisB spotted something interesting on the #Ticats minicamp roster. It’s like they’re saving the No.2 for somebody. Wonder who...  duh duh duh #CFL

Yawn !!! And in other news the Cats have also not assigned numbers #34 , #46 , #47 , #52 , #56 , #58 ,#60 , #62 , #67 , #71 , #72 , #73 , #74 , #75 , #76 , #78 , #79 , #83 , #90 , #98 .

Makes one wonder who the team is saving these numbers for ?  ::)

Leave it to 3DN to add fuel to the fire.... And for all you conspiracy theorists out there , June Jones  when asked about the number #2 jersey and who it might just be saved for had this to say....."That's a very good question. I'm not going to give you my 2 cents on that because he's not here right now but I will if he does show up ."  :o

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/24/ticats-save-jersey-no-2-just-case-johnnys-coming/

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Grover

Hamilton Tiger-Cats‏Verified account
@Ticats
1m1 minute ago
Day 2 of #Ticats mini-camp has been pushed back by at least 30 minutes today. On-field activities will resume after 11:30 a.m.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

Best by far update from day 3 by Tinabanshee, aka Borehamgirl a long time contributor to the forum.

Tina
@Tinabanshee
2h2 hours ago
Just got back from Mini-Camp and it was a short one, but saw some good things. I have to step back and say Nikita Whitlock -  Wow lol.  He can MOVE. Going to be super hard to bring down.  I've been pretty tough on Mike Jones so I have to say that he looked pretty decent today.

only saw about an hour so not sure about what happened before. I think Haynes has a real shot at making the team. He's very fast and looked good in return drills. I like how he carries the ball. I know nothing about Storm Johnson, but I will. I was very impressed by him.

Good size and speed, great jump through the line, straight power running. Decent blocking in the limited drills I saw. Tough to bring down. I honestly have to say again that I really like Adams. He does not rest on his laurels. He gets involved in most drills

Saunders, Aultman and Nathan Ross were standouts.  I liked what I saw from Chambers as well. Courtney and Kanneh look so ready. I like the confidence of the D already. I was late and didn't see much more from the D.

T. Washington was singled out by McKnight for a couple of good plays as was Kanneh on ST drills. That's all I've got.

Grover

A great looking group of DB's

stevehvh

@TSNScianitti

17m17 minutes ago

Yawn !!! And in other news the Cats have also not assigned numbers #34 , #46 , #47 , #52 , #56 , #58 ,#60 , #62 , #67 , #71 , #72 , #73 , #74 , #75 , #76 , #78 , #79 , #83 , #90 , #98 .

Makes one wonder who the team is saving these numbers for ?  ::)

Leave it to 3DN to add fuel to the fire.... And for all you conspiracy theorists out there , June Jones  when asked about the number #2 jersey and who it might just be saved for had this to say....."That's a very good question. I'm not going to give you my 2 cents on that because he's not here right now but I will if he does show up ."  :o

I didn't realise they were considering bringing Tom Clements back. 
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

ottawacat

Interesting that you should bring up that name just a couple of days before he returns to Canada for the first time in maybe 30 years.

http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/1976-grey-cup-hero-tom-clements-returns-to-ottawa-for-gee-gees-touchdown-dinner

stevehvh

Interesting that you should bring up that name just a couple of days before he returns to Canada for the first time in maybe 30 years.

http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/1976-grey-cup-hero-tom-clements-returns-to-ottawa-for-gee-gees-touchdown-dinner
See, what'd I tell you? After the G-Gs affair, he'll make a detour to Hamilton to be introduced as our new backup QB/ OC.  I guess JJ figures with all these thirty- something youngsters on the team, we need some veteran presence. 

bobo82

See, what'd I tell you? After the G-Gs affair, he'll make a detour to Hamilton to be introduced as our new backup QB/ OC.  I guess JJ figures with all these thirty- something youngsters on the team, we need some veteran presence.
Yup . The word on the street is that the team is saving jersey #2 for one of these two actual QB's  ;D

Stay tuned for further details .

It's going to be either this guy.........

Or..............................

This guy...........

bobo82

Interesting take and article from Drew over at 3DN about 7 players who stood out at the mini camp .

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/27/seven-players-stood-ticats-mini-camp/

The one that surprises most in an optimistic way would be the mention of Mariel Cooper at SAM lb .

I realise it's only a mini camp and one can't read too much into things just yet but who knows ? Maybe , just maybe we might have finally , hopefully found someone who can play that position on a regular basis .

Let's face it here folks , ever since Erik Harris left a few years back that spot has been a major Achilles heel for this defence . We have never properly or adequately replaced Harris since his departure and have probably gone through well over more than a dozen players at that position without much success these past two years . So is Cooper the answer ? In reality it's way too early just yet in the process to make any predictions but here's hoping anyways . Fingers crossed .

Users Online

121 Guests, 18 Users (16 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bowl450, KevinRiley2, tabbiefan72, Augustus67, Onemoredork, ExPat, RichardVeilleux, RedandWhite, FootbalYouBet, slowhand, The Last Word, heapbag, Grover, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)