Krisiun

This guy is poison. Keep Masoli as the starter and use the $500K that would be wasted on Manziel to beef up the O-Line. With a stellar O-Line and healthy receiving corps Masoli will rip up the opposition.

Crash

This guy is poison. Keep Masoli as the starter and use the $500K that would be wasted on Manziel to beef up the O-Line. With a stellar O-Line and healthy receiving corps Masoli will rip up the opposition.
There's no scenario where Manziel makes 500. Half that in the best case scenario.

HfxTC

There's no scenario where Manziel makes 500. Half that in the best case scenario.
I wrote on the weekend that I would not be surprised to see Manziel the Hamilton to court like Chris Williams did. There is enough time for him to get a decisions before June. He wants the money to make sure he's on the field starting. Otherwise sitting as a backup does not advance his agenda to get back to the NFL ASAP. While he waits for his ruling he can go play a season of arena ball.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

JM'S agent is right about the CFL'S archaic amateur protection rights rule extending into perpetuity.It sure as heck is restrictive and needs to be challenged.
You are both wrong. It's a year. Perpetuity is a little longer.

HfxTC

No one interested to know to what team Austin gave his neg list prospect permission to talk to?

Toronto?
Montreal?
Saskatchewan?

Must be one of the three.

Crash

JM'S agent is right about the CFL'S archaic amateur protection rights rule extending into perpetuity.It sure as heck is restrictive and needs to be challenged.
You are both wrong. It's a year. Perpetuity is a little longer.
Correct. Both sides now have a year to negotiate and then he would become a free agent I believe.

schmenger

See ya.
Let's turn our focus to finding a legitimate back up for Masoli and looking forward to this year's draft.
Great idea.

6ft6ofgoodness

And we traded an excellent professional and proven QB like Collaros to help make room for this clown!  Making demands before even taking a snap behind centre.   As I've said before, this is not looking good.

Crash

And we traded an excellent professional and proven QB like Collaros to help make room for this clown!  Making demands before even taking a snap behind centre.   As I've said before, this is not looking good.
I was one of the biggest supporters of Collaros... But let's not mistake what happened last year with "traded to make room for this clown". Collaros was gone. Had nothing to do with Manziel.

TravelPat1

If my rights are held by a team whose recently signed coach clearly wants me - and last month came right out and said publicly that "I think he'd be the best player to ever play up here," (and saying this after he saw my workout last August for the team).

Well then I'd be telling my agent to be getting me a contract as big as possible - and my thoughts are that is exactly what the agent appears to be attempting to do. 

CatsFaninOttawa

I wrote on the weekend that I would not be surprised to see Manziel the Hamilton to court like Chris Williams did. There is enough time for him to get a decisions before June. He wants the money to make sure he's on the field starting. Otherwise sitting as a backup does not advance his agenda to get back to the NFL ASAP. While he waits for his ruling he can go play a season of arena ball.
What would he benefit from taking the Ticats to court? They are just following the league's rules.

Perhaps he could take the league to court, and get them to eliminate the neg list rules. Interesting legal precedent, given that the neg list has a lot in common with entry drafts - in every league, in every sport. You think sports leagues around North America would sit by and wait for the ruling? Guaranteed, the CFL would have the support of the NFL, the NHL, the NBA, and MLB in fighting this one.

Even if he were to win his case, would it actually make a difference? Would another team actually break with the league to negotiate with him? What happens to the rest of the players on teams' neg lists?

jonny24eh

If he gets more than 2/3 of what Jeremiah is getting,  it's an insult to JM8. He's actually earned his spot.
Taking potshots at league rules while demanding to be the highest paid in the league sounds like a great way to earn a year of waiting it out to free agency.

Montreal can have him.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat\'em raw!

HfxTC

What would he benefit from taking the Ticats to court? They are just following the league's rules.

Perhaps he could take the league to court, and get them to eliminate the neg list rules. Interesting legal precedent, given that the neg list has a lot in common with entry drafts - in every league, in every sport. You think sports leagues around North America would sit by and wait for the ruling? Guaranteed, the CFL would have the support of the NFL, the NHL, the NBA, and MLB in fighting this one.

Even if he were to win his case, would it actually make a difference? Would another team actually break with the league to negotiate with him? What happens to the rest of the players on teams' neg lists?
I'm not saying he would win in court but I suspect there would be tremendous pressure placed by the Governors on the Ticats to cut him loose instead of risking a bigger mess.

I don't think any team should let itself get used by Johnny Football but there is always a GM willing to risk everything for the chance to look like the "Smartest guy in Football".

ticat1

Another issue I have with this guy is that he's already looking past the cfl. 

I can see it. His first down of cal ball and the center "misses" a block and  a line backer introduces Mr Football to Canada 

Onemoredork

Not going to condemn a player for what his agent says. Its an agents job to get the most for his client but going public and swinging for the fences shows contempt for the process and the team.

Users Online

58 Guests, 7 Users (4 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lennywasout, RedandWhite, cividan, Chris_87, FootbalYouBet, EastVanMark, Google (4)

Most Online Today: 141. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)