habcat

Cats should stand firm on this guy! If he wants to play earn it! If not he should go to all the other pro leagues that he has these options!

DisplacedCatsFan

This is the QB who I thought would make it big for Hamilton...WRONG!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McPherson
I'm heading to the basement in search of my old Timm Rosenbach jersey (seems appropriate, eh?).  If I can find that old, hardly worn gem, from '94, I'm takin' 'er in for a new name plate. ???
But then again they say that bad luck comes in threes and McPherson and Rosenbach already hold down spots #1 and #2 on that list.....hopefully the team comes to their senses and there won't be a number #3 .
Well, there WAS that Casey Printers experiment...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

bobo82

If Dunk was given these statements “off the record “ then it’s not Dunk fault names are not published with the quotes.  Perhaps there would be repercussions from CFL head office.  These sentiments from these GM”s reflect the reality of dealing with Johnny Swelled Head.

I agree wholeheartedly with the one particular comment...let him sit on the neg list until Jan 2019 unless someone gives us a fantastic deal to trade for his rights.  
Well one GM has gone on record on his thoughts on signing Manziel . Controversial and outspoken New BC Lions GM Ed Hervey has already emphatically said Thanks but no thanks when he was asked if he would be interested in bringing in and signing the likes of a Johnny Manziel for his football team .

This was his response when asked about if he was interested in signing Manziel ........

"No . No , no , no , no not at all . He'll probably be good for someone , I'm not interested in bringing in someone just to sell tickets . We want to bring in good football players , quality character guys that fit into the culture that we're trying to create here : family , team and togetherness . I don't have the information on that player . But I'm not going to beat around the bush on whether we want someone or not , in this case that would be an absolute no ."  

Here's the link to the rest of the article where Hervey also weighs in on his thoughts on Travis Lulay and his thoughts on how he is portrayed by the media among other things .

http://3downnation.com/2017/12/13/new-b-c-gm-ed-hervey-chirps-the-media-talks-lulay-and-johnny-football/

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

bobo82

This is the QB who I thought would make it big for Hamilton...WRONG!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_McPherson
I'm heading to the basement in search of my old Timm Rosenbach jersey (seems appropriate, eh?).  If I can find that old, hardly worn gem, from '94, I'm takin' 'er in for a new name plate. ???
But then again they say that bad luck comes in threes and McPherson and Rosenbach already hold down spots #1 and #2 on that list.....hopefully the team comes to their senses and there won't be a number #3 .
Ouch !!! Yup ,strike three indeed . There was no joy in Catville because the mighty Casey had STRUCK OUT !!!  :-[ GOOD GAWD we've had some crappy QB's on this team through the years .  :-[

stevehvh

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

ExPat

Ouch !!! Yup ,strike three indeed . There was no joy in Catville because the mighty Casey had STRUCK OUT !!!  :-[ GOOD GAWD we've had some crappy QB's on this team through the years .  :-[
My goodness - you don't have to look into the 2000s to complete the three strikes.  There are so many 1990s options that could fit the bill.

- Matt Dunigan starred for almost every other team in the league.  Had a great start for us in 1996 but it turned out he was just one hit away from the end of his career.

- Mike Kerrigan should have been entering his prime, turning 30 in 1990 after some great seasons with us in the 80s.  But he somehow faded away instead of getting better, and ended up joining the Argos.

- Calvillo - who never seems to get mentioned on this board - was hot and cold, but the cold spells were so freezing he needed a fresh start somewhere else

- Steve Taylor was platooning with Calvillo in 1995.  We poached him from the Stampeders, and of course he turned out to be the only QB to come out of their system in the 90s who didn't go on to greatness.  Maybe that's why Wally let him go.

Year-by-year stats here for anyone who is nostalgic.  (I had completely forgotten that guys like Rickey Foggie and Reggie Slack passed through town.)
https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/t-CFLHAM/y-1990

Espo

While I agree with the sentiments of the above I also find it to be more than a bit cowardly to slam an athlete and not put your name on your thoughts.  Get some stones "CFL personnel men".  Who publishes such anonymous comments so haphazardly?  I expect better from Justin Dunk.
I'm guessing this is a shot at the guys on here taking shots at Edwards for his article.  

Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

150GAGE

In all fairness to Casey, we had pretty crappy team back then with bad GMs and coaches. Not until Kent Austin showed up did we have a solid front office.

Casey played great for BC cause they had a great team and a great leader in Wally Buono.

Casey also beat us in a playoff game AFTER we got rid of him.... just sayin'

ExPat

In all fairness to Casey, we had pretty crappy team back then with bad GMs and coaches. Not until Kent Austin showed up did we have a solid front office.

Casey played great for BC cause they had a great team and a great leader in Wally Buono.

I'm not sure if we ever really learned why Casey bombed in Hamilton.  Other than the fact that it was the place careers went to die in the mid-2000s.  Printers couldn't be compared to Manziel because he had proven himself in the CFL already.  But for whatever reason, he lost it after disappearing down south for a couple of years.  Ego problems maybe?  Probably could have used a bit more seasoning in the CFL.

As for Maas, I always thought it was completely obvious that there was something wrong with his arm when he was here.  I don't recall anyone ever coming out and saying it, but he used to be good and then suddenly he was throwing like a 12-yr old girl.  Seemed unfair to be playing him if he was hurt, effectively ending his career as a starter in the process.  Or, again, maybe it was just the curse that got him.

mightypope

Please don't forget one of the worst quarterbacks to start a season, 2003 the worst in Ticat history (1-17), but none other than Pete Gonzalez.

blackandgld

One less potential buyer for Manziel's rights?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/josh-freeman-montreal-alouettes-1.4486448?cmp=rss
I think they would drop or demote him in a heartbeat for Johnny

Crash

Please don't forget one of the worst quarterbacks to start a season, 2003 the worst in Ticat history (1-17), but none other than Pete Gonzalez.
That's why we keep you around Pope. 

djrobertson2017

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/austin-says-negotiations-continue-with-manziel%7E1299971

Austin says negotiations continue with Manziel

CFL Insider Dave Naylor sat down with Tiger-Cats general manager Kent Austin Wednesday to get his opinion on quarterback Johnny Manziel

bobo82

Yup , so I guess we can include Casey in the same category as Calvillo then as a QB who we let go that came back to haunt us ? .  :-\  ???  ;)

Yikes , who can ever forget (remember ?) "Pistol " Pete Gonzalez ?? Started the first 3 games in "03" subbing in for an injured Danny Mac . Not surprisingly we lost all three of his starts being outscored by a mere 113 to 45 margin :-[

Just check out these sterling stats for Pete in those 3 starts in that memorable season .  :o

Att.....Comp.....Comp %.....Yards.....Yds/Att.....TD's.....Int.....Rating
131......57.........43.5..........822.........6.3............2.......... 7........47.3 %

Onemoredork

That's why we keep you around Pope.
Kevin Eakin called. He wants in on this.

Users Online

102 Guests, 12 Users (18 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Johnny Ticat slayer, Mightygoose, Evil Doctor, claudebug, hairyarm, narles, Espo, pdson2, greenandwhite, schmenger, FootbalYouBet, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)