my home team

Let's remember that Masoli has not started that many games, therefore his time management skills still need some sharpening.

I don't think Masoli can use the "hasn't started many games" excuse any more.  He's started 17 games over the past 4 years, and made numerous relief appearances.  Nothing has really changed over the course of those 17 starts either.  He's still a streaky player with turnover problems, and seems to struggle with the clock at times.  I think it's pretty obvious that he's either one of the leagues worst starters or best backups at this point.  Not the guy to build your team around, but a great insurance policy.  
Starting 17 games over 4 years works out to 4 games a year. That's not even a quarter of a season.

Where those relief appearances on 3rd downs...clean up...garbage time...when the lead was assured or out of reach..and for how long during a game...in other words, were they quality appearances.

If you're throwing him in once in a while or during unimportant opportunities, how do you expect him to develop consistency and familiarity with the playbook and his teammates?

He has a new head coach, new plays...how about we give him some time before we stamp the big "L"
on his forehead...

letsgoticats

Let's remember that Masoli has not started that many games, therefore his time management skills still need some sharpening.

I don't think Masoli can use the "hasn't started many games" excuse any more.  He's started 17 games over the past 4 years, and made numerous relief appearances.  Nothing has really changed over the course of those 17 starts either.  He's still a streaky player with turnover problems, and seems to struggle with the clock at times.  I think it's pretty obvious that he's either one of the leagues worst starters or best backups at this point.  Not the guy to build your team around, but a great insurance policy.  
Starting 17 games over 4 years works out to 4 games a year. That's not even a quarter of a season.

Where those relief appearances on 3rd downs...clean up...garbage time...when the lead was assured or out of reach..and for how long during a game...in other words, were they quality appearances.

If you're throwing him in once in a while or during unimportant opportunities, how do you expect him to develop consistency and familiarity with the playbook and his teammates?

He has a new head coach, new plays...how about we give him some time before we stamp the big "L"
on his forehead...
He had a full training camp + 6 consecutive games as starter last year to open the season.  5 consecutive games and counting this year.  It's not spot duty.  

6ft6ofgoodness

So far tonight Masoli's play has been okay.  Although our Ticats have scored two TDs, and lead time of posession, most drives have stalled at Winnipeg's 30 yard line.  Not to mention, our Ticats have been flagged for two time count violations, the second one leading to a loss of down.  I want to see how Collaros would perform behind this offensive line with this better protection.

6ft6ofgoodness

After that last sack, lets see what Zach can do.

ArgoT

Agreed, this would be a great time for a hunch and put ZC in for the fourth quarter.

Crash

So far tonight Masoli's play has been okay.  Although our Ticats have scored two TDs, and lead time of posession, most drives have stalled at Winnipeg's 30 yard line.  Not to mention, our Ticats have been flagged for two time count violations, the second one leading to a loss of down.  I want to see how Collaros would perform behind this offensive line with this better protection.
I've been one of Masolis critics.... But he's 27-33 for like 340 yards. His play has been ok? 

We just blew out the 2nd best team in the league in their building.

Palmer

What world are you guys living in?  Zach was 0-8, as in zero, zip, nada, nil.  Jeremiah is 4-2, and probably one or two plays in those losses from being 6-0.

Why would anyone pull Jeremiah in favour of Zach?  Play the hot hand until it turns cold.

stevehvh

Agreed. I think Zach's days in Hamilton are numbered.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Oskie18

Trade deadline is a mere 70 hours away.
Formerly Oskie09 and jlshooter

stevehvh

There's also the off season. If they can re-sign Masoli, I think they would be likely to trade ZC. he's awfully expensive for what you get.

my home team

There's also the off season. If they can re-sign Masoli, I think they would be likely to trade ZC. he's awfully expensive for what you get.
Zach has been a starter on two teams. 

He's been in pressure situations (playoffs and Grey cup).

Played under different OC's, so he knows different styles of offense.

That experience will be of value to some teams.

Whether or not they can afford the price tag will depend on where they are with the salary cap, or how willing they are to cheat on it.

S J Riley

The days of Zac are over..
Since returning from injury, the Zac we all knew..is long gone.
How many times does one have to say...12 straight losses in a row.

my home team

The days of Zac are over..
Since returning from injury, the Zac we all knew..is long gone.
How many times does one have to say...12 straight losses in a row.
Different time, different schemes, some different players.

Zach hasn't had a chance to start or even come in during a game since June Jones took over.

Provide him the opportunity(ies) then pass judgment.

Until then, we have no idea on what we're giving away.

my home team

"How many times does one have to say...12 straight losses in a row."

And Zach is the SINGULAR reason we lost those games??

What about the performance of the defense, special teams, the receivers, Oline during this time??

The TEAM lost those games too.

Lennywasout

"How many times does one have to say...12 straight losses in a row."

And Zach is the SINGULAR reason we lost those games??

What about the performance of the defense, special teams, the receivers, Oline during this time??

The TEAM lost those games too.
Some posters who continually knock Zach are plain myopic. Same old stupid argument.  I agree, it was ALL different with the 0-8 team then and what we have now.   

Users Online

115 Guests, 16 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, danoc_86, Oskie18, TCHABS, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Abendschan, steeltownguy, jim43bob, bobo82, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)